• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goose's Travelling OC/CC Road Show - Where to meet

amlevin

Is there a link to the complete listing of tour dates? I called ticket master and they have no idea when Goose will be showing, or is this a migration thing?

Sounds like you're anxious to "get Goosed".

Here's another possibility for a T-Shirt

goosed.bmp

Here's the "Campaign Plane"

birdcharter.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Pulling from the other thread ...

My feedback to this whole damn mess is that there is just plain too much dang drama about it all. Live and let live. Don't ask, don't tell. This particular forum topic is really starting to sound like my step daughter's middle school class crises and drama.

Good gawd... And I have experience too. I started my own sheet storm a year ago when I made comments about a raffle at an event. I was wrong then, and when someone sensibly pointed out my error, I said, yep you are absolutely right! My mistake, sorry for opening by big mouth! And I learned my lesson and moved on.

Look.... nobody broke the law. There was no negative media coverage. Everybody had a good time. If you don't like what some people did, then don't do those actions yourself, maybe say that their behavior is not something that you, personally, would do and let's just move on.

I feel like I am in one of those churches where one or two members don't like the color of the carpet so they run off trying to take as many with them to start their own following, the members who are left behind are then split between feelings of what the heck happened or good bye, good riddance and nobody wins.

I made the comment because NEW people coming to the forum will see people handling firearms in PUBLIC and think it is OK. Having your hand on the grip (or someone else on yours) is NOT the image that should be portrayed. This kind of behavior allows for people who take their guns out of holsters to show friends in public, or remove them from their shoulders.

I'm not arguing LEGALITY, I'm arguing for the sake of those who will see this behavior and approve of it. Arguing all you want about it's not illegal. Is this the image gun owners want others to see? Do we WANT to give the Brady idiots more ammunition against us? Do we want them seeing us as unsafe and putting more laws on the books about how NOT to handle firearms? BOTH in these pictures are most likely safe gun owners, but if you don't know them, you only see the picture, you'll draw another conclusion.

When I started OCing I was informed by many of the members in Federal Way not to handle my gun in public. Don't "check" my firearm in its holster by putting my hand on the grip. I have even been told by one of the members in these pictures to NOT carry my weapon without the safety on. I took that comment and researched it to find out I was carry my OWN weapon in an unsafe manner.

It was GREAT advice and I'm trying to pass it on to other members. You want to handle your firearm in public? It's not for me to decide. It's a judge and 12 jurors. Just keep it holstered around me unless the need should arise. In such a case, Judicious Marksmanship is appreciated.

Are you going to be around Port Orchard or Federal Way this week NavyLT? Family and job obviously come first, but I'd love to buy you a coffee if you're so inclined. Let me know. We're on the same side, Sir.

o2ryan

Goose,

If you want to get paid mileage to deliver some Red Bull to Spokane, there is a faction of us here that would love to meet you.

Don't get discouraged over a forum squabble. I have had a mild one or two myself, but life is too short to let disagreements ruin the overall good that this forum has been doing, and you have been a valuable part of the progress made here even in the last year.

Deleted_User

Goose,

If you want to get paid mileage to deliver some Red Bull to Spokane, there is a faction of us here that would love to meet you.

Don't get discouraged over a forum squabble. I have had a mild one or two myself, but life is too short to let disagreements ruin the overall good that this forum has been doing, and you have been a valuable part of the progress made here even in the last year.

I must admit, I've only ever been in Spokane once. I was in a bus station on my way from Philadelphia. We got stuck in snow shortly after (Memorial Day 2001) on Snoqualmie Pass. I doubt this week will allow that much of a trip, but it's a possibility. The wife has family in Yakima and needs to pay a visit since her father passed away recnetly.

Deleted_User

Tour Day 1 - Lacey

Coffee in Lakewood then off to Lacey for Norma's. The Tour begins. I can't WAIT for the gun show (new stop added for this weekend). Odds are I'll be there EARLY both days for a few hours. I won't be working the table unless it's empty or someone needs a break. I might have an hour to spare both days. I still have much to learn about how others view carry as a whole, OC or not. There's some GREAT "arguments" and discussions to be had working the OC table.

John contacted me last night about deleting my account. I will be moving forward with this action. The tour will move forward as planned regardless. See you guys around this week and at the gun show.

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Tour Stop one a success! Glad to see all!
3 Ocers, 1 waterfowl, and a Pro 2A friend for a great lunch. Good to see massivedesign, golddigger14s, newyork10001, and my friend Brian.

OT: My dad will be at the show Saturday Dan. We wants a hat :p

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Port Orchard leg cancelled. The Roadies lost my guitar and travel bag, so travelling that far from home without my mommy might cause a wheel to fall off my canoe.

Last edited:

Deleted_User

Currently in FW @ Starbucks

Enjoying a White Chocolate Mocha and some lemon pound cake. I'll be here about an hour or so.

Update 14:19 Nice to see we're known. The baristas asked "Where are all your gun toting buddies." I informed her that's usually a Saturday thing, but there's a gun show. Another barista perked up at hearing gun show and then silently went "oh, I can't talk about that at work." I simply smiled, grabbed my coffee, and sat there playing on my laptop and working on a video project. It was worth the trip.

Yelm tomorrow, then the gun Show saturday with sunday being the last leg of this trip.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

My son has a Track Meet at Ridgeline until about 5-5:30tomorrow so the closest Starbucks right afterwards is where I'll be. I don't know the area well. I figured mayhaps there was one near the Safeway? /shrug

I'll google it and see where.

There is one in Safeway and of course across the street and east a block or two is the real one. I'll see you there.

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

Newish info!

been on waguns.org
I Note with interest that Goose is there too!
he is trying to sell Ani's bersa 380 for 400 bucks.
I wonder if it has been repaired, or if it is still screwed up?
i wonder if this means that ani dosnt carry anymore?
his profile says, he is living near a river, IN A VAN!

he still hasnt deleted his account here.

Last edited:

massivedesign

Newish info!

been on waguns.org
I Note with interest that Goose is there too!
he is trying to sell Ani's bersa 380 for 400 bucks.
I wonder if it has been repaired, or if it is still screwed up?
i wonder if this means that ani dosnt carry anymore?
his profile says, he is living near a river, IN A VAN!

he still hasnt deleted his account here.

Ani's bersa has been re-blessed by bersa. He had it at the WaGuns table at the WAC show. I am not sure what Ani is carrying now, but knowing Goose, there is something nearby.

And yes, Goose is a member of WGO, as are quite a few of the OCDO guys.

amlevin

What's with the new "Account Type" titles? I've noticed the "Semi-Deleted_User" and "Semi-Deleted Account" types on at least two.

Is this a category for those that are going through withdrawal or can't make up their minds if they really want to leave?

Just curious.

tombrewster421

What's with the new "Account Type" titles? I've noticed the "Semi-Deleted_User" and "Semi-Deleted Account" types on at least two.

Is this a category for those that are going through withdrawal or can't make up their minds if they really want to leave?

Just curious.

Well, Goose's account is deleted. He can no longer post without creating a completely new account. The semi-deleted ones I've noticed still have thier regular names and say regular member. The semi-retired or whatever is in the location portion of thier profile, suggesting that the user changed something themselves. Goose actually had John the admin delete his. Of course he spared deleting his posts, but made them appear to be anonymous instead so as not to loose any useful information.

Last edited:

amzbrady

It is too bad he left. I didnt get a chance to meet him when we met up at the starbucks after Brewster was haranged by the three officers. I wished I would have, seeing the majority of his posts here, he seemed like he was pretty good natured, and was probably pretty funny in person. I must have missed the thread that made him want to leave but it is a shame to lose him.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
It is too bad he left. I didnt get a chance to meet him when we met up at the starbucks after Brewster was haranged by the three officers. I wished I would have, seeing the majority of his posts here, he seemed like he was pretty good natured, and was probably pretty funny in person. I must have missed the thread that made him want to leave but it is a shame to lose him.

I agree that Goose was a good person. Still, I'm not going to mourn the fact that he's gone. No one ran him off. He decided to leave, just like 69Charger. If they don't have the cojones to take a little flak every now and then, that's THEIR problem.