• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Getting use to it

taotaogalu

Been open carrying as much as I can for about 2 months now, so far so good. I guess the more you do it the more you get comfortable open carrying, occasional look here and there but nothing serious. No calling the cops because there`s a guy with a gun at the mall one person asked me if I was a undercover federal agent that was on duty, truthfully declined that query and said if you have a firearms ID you can carry a firearm to. I'm starting to think that guns in public dont really bother people, the LEOS here are so scattered and more into giving traffic citations that the chance for one seeing a person open carrying is fairly slim. I haven't had a LEO encounter yet hope I don`t get weapons drawn at me. But anyways im trying to spread open carry here in Guam and I hope if anybody from or living on Guam gets my message that it is ok to carry a firearm ass long as you have the proper credentials,and that you have the right to. Maybe start a open carry group on Guam someday to help spread the word.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Been open carrying as much as I can for about 2 months now, so far so good. I guess the more you do it the more you get comfortable open carrying, occasional look here and there but nothing serious. No calling the cops because there`s a guy with a gun at the mall one person asked me if I was a undercover federal agent that was on duty, truthfully declined that query and said if you have a firearms ID you can carry a firearm to. I'm starting to think that guns in public dont really bother people, the LEOS here are so scattered and more into giving traffic citations that the chance for one seeing a person open carrying is fairly slim. I haven't had a LEO encounter yet hope I don`t get weapons drawn at me. But anyways im trying to spread open carry here in Guam and I hope if anybody from or living on Guam gets my message that it is ok to carry a firearm ass long as you have the proper credentials,and that you have the right to. Maybe start a open carry group on Guam someday to help spread the word.

Carry on - you are educating them all and having fun too.

carry for myself

never "really" goes away, the slight nerves that is. i carry daily now, 24-7. even to work where im a groundskeeper. you get more comfortable, yes. however you always have that tiny tinge in the back of your head saying "what if". and are very self aware.

just dont do what i did at cabelas the other night.

was shopping with my gf. she found a Glock she was gonna buy but didnt really like it, she loves my smith however, so being the sarcastic person i am i said "buy it and ill trade you this" and put my hand on my pistol. the looks i got from the guys behind the counter related to "oh god hes going to shoot us"....THAT made me nervous. i quickly removed my hand and smiled, laughed nervously then went on my business.

but it goes away for the most part the more you do it :)

taotaogalu

Well were only human I personally think carrying a firearm makes people including my self a little bit more polite, at a shell gas station while not carrying the gas boy who would fill up my car would usually just nod at me.Yesterday while carrying he probably called me sir about 10 times and smiled.Hope I didn't terrify the guy.

Check this guy out when he went to cabelas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q47nVz0YC5M

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
just dont do what i did at cabelas the other night.

was shopping with my gf. she found a Glock she was gonna buy but didnt really like it, she loves my smith however, so being the sarcastic person i am i said "buy it and ill trade you this" and put my hand on my pistol. the looks i got from the guys behind the counter related to "oh god hes going to shoot us"....THAT made me nervous. i quickly removed my hand and smiled, laughed nervously then went on my business.

but it goes away for the most part the more you do it :)

It takes at least 2 "atta boys" to make up for an "aw snit" like that. :lol:

Rule 2.5 - never casually touch your gun. :uhoh:

G30

Get used to it

Carry on Brother... I have to say I've carried my weapon on numerous occasions into Mom & Pops stores, Theatres, Supermarkets and Gas Stations but Holstered. It is how you properly carry your weapon, it must be Holstered but not HOT meaning an emptied chamber. Be a Smart Carrier... because an Accident can happen!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Carry on Brother... I have to say I've carried my weapon on numerous occasions into Mom & Pops stores, Theatres, Supermarkets and Gas Stations but Holstered. It is how you properly carry your weapon, it must be Holstered but not HOT meaning an emptied chamber. Be a Smart Carrier... because an Accident can happen!

I could not find where having an empty chamber is a requirement of law - if not why would anyone do that?

Modern firearms are designed to be carried "hot" and are quite safe that way.

Accidents don't just "happen" - they are generally an act of negligence.

Jeffrey671

I've had one Law enforcement incident here in Guam. I went into the jungle area in Dededo practicing with my M4 rifle (just came back from active duty), and all of a sudden a bunch of cops come and stop me. I gave them my firearms id, and they called it in. All in all it was an okay experience. They actually stayed with me and talked about tips and tricks for my rifle. They told me that they could bring me shooting free of charge at GOSR with em. Good to know some cops here take firearms as a hobby like I do. Also if anyone does handloads on Guam hit me up!