Thread: Self defense weapons trainer

Self defense weapons trainer

They are currently no qualified trainers that i know of that would train a civilian, any hints on where I could start to look for one. Considering on contacting the Local ATFE weapons trainer,got a friend that knows him what you guys and gals think.

I found this via a search.... don't know if they would accept citizens or not (if not... just another special perk for the police... ).

http://www.pacificnewscenter.com/ind...ews&Itemid=156

I also found these on the NRA website... perhaps you can contact them for suggestions as well? Good luck with it.

http://www.nra.org/nralocal.aspx

Guam Outdoor Shooting Range - Tamuning, GU
    PMB 261, 1270 N. Marine Corps Dr
    Suite 101
    Tamuning , GU 96913
    Business Type : Ranges
    Phone: (671) 828-1153
    Email: rayz02@guam.net

Islanders Sportsmans Club , Yigo , GU
    P.O. Box 4424 AAFB BR
    Yigo , GU 96929
    View Range Map
    Phone671) 366-2034 Facilities Include: Trap, Skeet, Airgun, Archery
    Range Access: Private
    Email: amison@ite.net

I really appreciate it so far i been getting by with books and dvd`s. That show on the outdoor channel caled mid way usa the best defense is a pretty good show,get alot of tips and training drills.

Bellingham, Wa. city of Subdued Excitement
    taotaogalu, I mentioned this on another thread. Try to contact your local Army Reserve unit ( the Engineers at the bottom of the island) or the Guam Nat'l Guard. They are well trained and would probably help you out if you asked for safety classes.

Hi, u can try the Guam Shooting Sports Federation. They meet in Piti Saturday mornings, although I think you're looking for something more self-defense oriented as opposed to sport shooting. I could ask my doc, he's a member of GSSF.

Speaking of doctors, the wife and I are going for an annual physical checkup in Manila and I'm aiming (no pun intended) to check out a shooting range that has basic firearms training to marksmanship and security detail training, so maybe another tangent for you to check out?

Esta later.

correction

Quote Originally Posted by kenny671 View Post
    Hi, u can try the Guam Shooting Sports Federation. They meet in Piti Saturday mornings
    My bad, they meet on Sundays. Saw that on their website.

Cool Sdwt

Give it a shot... if all goes well, please let me know. Would love to tag along if he decides to train Civilians!

Bellingham, Wa. city of Subdued Excitement
    taotaogalu, have you been able to locate a weapons trainer? I am interested in your progress.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington