Thread: Green Bay TV station does excellent story on Concealed carry.

Green Bay TV station does excellent story on Concealed carry.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/...n-Wisconsin%3F

I love it how they always find at least one fearful anti gun type ( fair & balanced reporting..lol )

Honey ! someone could walk in to the Golden House and shoot the place up right now if they wanted to...Concealed carry will not increase violence...
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 05-07-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I wonder if anyone has pointed out that in States that allow concealed carry, the incidence of domestic violence actually goes down and is virtually non-existent in households in which at least one member holds a permit.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I wonder if anyone has pointed out that in States that allow concealed carry, the incidence of domestic violence actually goes down and is virtually non-existent in households in which at least one member holds a permit.
    Do you have a reference for that statement? That is worth passing along!
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

You may find this useful as a place to start:

http://www.press.uchicago.edu/Misc/Chicago/493636.html

You may find this link even more useful as it contains links to several scholarly papers authored on the relationship between crime and the ability of citizens to carry a concealed firearm for self-protection:

http://johnrlott.tripod.com/postsbyday/RTCResearch.html

Enjoy
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

I remember your comment about Motel 6 benefitting from carry permits, but if we're pushing for Constitutional Carry would we still be able to claim the same ultra-law-abiding status as people who have a permit to lose if they screw up? Seems like that's a good argument for permits.

I suppose someone could comb the FBI (or state) database to look at DV rates before & after CC in states that have gone from a permit to freedom. (If they track DV as a separate category. Probably it's filed with the other assaults.)

Or even compare Vermont to a similar nearby state, since they've never had a permit.
    And surely if people were going to get on each other's nerves, it'd be people who were cooped up inside over a long, snowy winter. Though that does lead to some great opportunities for cuddling...

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I remember your comment about Motel 6 benefitting from carry permits, but if we're pushing for Constitutional Carry would we still be able to claim the same ultra-law-abiding status as people who have a permit to lose if they screw up? Seems like that's a good argument for permits.

I suppose someone could comb the FBI (or state) database to look at DV rates before & after CC in states that have gone from a permit to freedom. (If they track DV as a separate category. Probably it's filed with the other assaults.)

Or even compare Vermont to a similar nearby state, since they've never had a permit.
    And surely if people were going to get on each other's nerves, it'd be people who were cooped up inside over a long, snowy winter. Though that does lead to some great opportunities for cuddling...
    Motel 6 will still benefit from "Constitutional Carry". Permit free carry is based on the person being legal to own possess or transport a firearm under Federal Law. Please keep in mind that Federal Firearms Laws, herein cited at 18 USC 922(g), require that such persons not have been convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence. Perhaps I should have pointed that out during the course, but the course centered on Utah Law and Federal Law, not Federal Law as it might apply to Constitutional Carry in Wisconsin.

So, bottom line, people who have been convicted of domestic violence, even misdemeanor domestic violence, may not own, possess, or transport a firearm within the United States or any territory or possession of the USA. Such people are not eligible for a concealed firearm permit - or - to carry a concealed firearm under a permit-free system (commonly known as Constitutional Carry). Motel 6 still benefits and there is no argument against Constitutional Carry vs Permit Carry.