Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1St Annual OC BBQ for the St Louis Region (maybe)

1St Annual OC BBQ for the St Louis Region (maybe)

Canceled
    Last edited by zekester; 05-22-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Must have DoC
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Accomplished Advocate
    Depends completely on time and date as far as abilities to attend go, June is a prime month for stuff going on and you have fathers day in the middle as well.

You could put me down with 1-3 guest but I can't PROMISE without the date.

k
    Last edited by zekester; 05-07-2011 at 12:46 PM.

I'm a "YES". I know a number of folks who are not on this froum who very well might attend.... MSSA and GCLS folks might be interested.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

I am a "YES" as long as it is on a Saturday and there would be two of us, maybe 4 if I can convince someone from Illinois.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    Sundays are my only free days. If it was on a Sunday I would attend. Personally I wouldn't complicate things with involving backstoppers. But that is just my opinion.

Doc

Another thought ... If I might be so bold. An OC gathering is a good idea, hands down, no doubt. Having it on private property of course eliminates any involvement with authorities of any sort and lets us all gather, meet and talk. It does not do anything for "public awareness" however. The more we meet, talk and get to know each other the better. I'm headed to AZ thids month, read their firearms regulations over and over, if Missouri would become like AZ in regard to 2A rights, we'd be in 2A heaven!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Believe me, if we could BBQ by the Arch...I would do it

There are few Federal Parks in the area and most county and city parks are off limits...

Have you considered State Parks such as Meramec State Park outside of Sullivan, this was suggested to me when I proposed doing this some time ago? There are other State Parks inthe area as well. OC is legal in Missouri State Parks. I'll point out that Babler won't work, it's in Wildwood! Castlewood State Park is another option.

Must be on a Sunday.....

Let me know what dates are good for you!

Any Sundau except May 29th!

You might want to plan this at least 3 or 4 weeks ahead.... That way folks can plan and we can repost to other forums if you wan tto do that.

Let us know about the re-post.

If i should get the ok....I will just plan it...and we will see where it goes....but will BE on a Sunday...and will be after Fathers day.
    Last edited by zekester; 05-08-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Planning is a good idea. For those who want to add their 2 cents (besides saying their in) I might suggest PMs as opposed to posts here. There is a lot to discuss and we wouldn't want anti's to know every single detail. There are watchers on a lot of forums, let's not post our dirty laundry.

Sure we can post anything we want (1st amendment speech) , the devil is in the details....

Accomplished Advocate
    If it is on a Sunday I can almost guarantee I will be there, I am going to go with Doc and agree on the back stoppers issue.

I think a fairly low key get together is more than fine without any affiliations or sponsorship. Lets just see if we can manage to get folks out for burgers, brauts and dogs so to speak. If it looks like it is going to take off and fly, I will pick up one of those cases of burgers from Sams, I think there is 80 in em and folks can bring chips or whatever else they might ant beyond a cheap burger.

Just need a place and a date... and hopefully a couple of dozen people.

Update

Tentative date is Sunday the 12th of June....I know I said after Fathers Day...but.

I should hear tomorrow if everything is fine, but if not...what the heck...It will be at my house.

If the 12th is good with everyone, or not...please let me know.

The next date would be the 26th.....

Eitherway it is going to happen!!!
    Last edited by zekester; 05-09-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zekester View Post
    Tentative date is Sunday the 12th of June....I know I said after Fathers Day...but.

I should hear tomorrow if everything is fine, but if not...what the heck...It will be at my house.

If the 12th is good with everyone, or not...please let me know.

The next date would be the 26th.....

Eitherway it is going to happen!!!
    Either date is good here. Question - how would you like to promote this (Other 2 A groups?) and time and directions.

Red face Bbq

Count me in either date 5 people.

Juts need, time ,place and directions....

Update

My first location is a no go...seems the owner is actually a sheeple...

If it is at my house it fine, but I am working on a place that not only we can get together, but shoot if we like...

I will keep you informed....

"Z"

My first location is a no go...seems the owner is actually a sheeple...

If it is at my house it fine, but I am working on a place that not only we can get together, but shoot if we like...

I will keep you informed....

"Z"
    Humm.. Good idea, but that may be tough!

Accomplished Advocate
    It happens.

One point I think might need to be cleared up with an attempt to organize such an event. You might spec out that it will be alcohol free, a lot of folks associate a BBQ with beer etc. Adding firearms to that mix will find little support.

I will go on record myself, I know the law, I know it is not prohibited, that does not change my personal position that it is unwise and if such an event is held and armed persons are drinking, I will not participate.

sorry...i did not specify

This will be achohol free....

I know there is no way to control this...but I thought it was a given

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    It happens.

One point I think might need to be cleared up with an attempt to organize such an event. You might spec out that it will be alcohol free, a lot of folks associate a BBQ with beer etc. Adding firearms to that mix will find little support.

I will go on record myself, I know the law, I know it is not prohibited, that does not change my personal position that it is unwise and if such an event is held and armed persons are drinking, I will not participate.
    This has been a subject of discussion on www.missouricarry.com I agree 100%!

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar
    sorry...i did not specify

This will be alcohol free....

I know there is no way to control this...but I thought it was a given
    Political correctness strikes again.

Now you doing the over zealous governments job for them. Taking away person freedoms and personal responsibility. Will there be a magazine capacity restrictions at the BBQ as well?

Doc

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast