• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1St Annual OC BBQ for the St Louis Region (maybe)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Depends completely on time and date as far as abilities to attend go, June is a prime month for stuff going on and you have fathers day in the middle as well.

You could put me down with 1-3 guest but I can't PROMISE without the date.

NG19

I am a "YES" as long as it is on a Saturday and there would be two of us, maybe 4 if I can convince someone from Illinois.

mspgunner

Another thought ... If I might be so bold. An OC gathering is a good idea, hands down, no doubt. Having it on private property of course eliminates any involvement with authorities of any sort and lets us all gather, meet and talk. It does not do anything for "public awareness" however. The more we meet, talk and get to know each other the better. I'm headed to AZ thids month, read their firearms regulations over and over, if Missouri would become like AZ in regard to 2A rights, we'd be in 2A heaven!

zekester

Believe me, if we could BBQ by the Arch...I would do it

There are few Federal Parks in the area and most county and city parks are off limits...

mspgunner

Have you considered State Parks such as Meramec State Park outside of Sullivan, this was suggested to me when I proposed doing this some time ago? There are other State Parks inthe area as well. OC is legal in Missouri State Parks. I'll point out that Babler won't work, it's in Wildwood! Castlewood State Park is another option.

mspgunner

Any Sundau except May 29th!

You might want to plan this at least 3 or 4 weeks ahead.... That way folks can plan and we can repost to other forums if you wan tto do that.

Let us know about the re-post.

zekester

If i should get the ok....I will just plan it...and we will see where it goes....but will BE on a Sunday...and will be after Fathers day.

Last edited:

mspgunner

Planning is a good idea. For those who want to add their 2 cents (besides saying their in) I might suggest PMs as opposed to posts here. There is a lot to discuss and we wouldn't want anti's to know every single detail. There are watchers on a lot of forums, let's not post our dirty laundry.

Sure we can post anything we want (1st amendment speech) , the devil is in the details....

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
If it is on a Sunday I can almost guarantee I will be there, I am going to go with Doc and agree on the back stoppers issue.

I think a fairly low key get together is more than fine without any affiliations or sponsorship. Lets just see if we can manage to get folks out for burgers, brauts and dogs so to speak. If it looks like it is going to take off and fly, I will pick up one of those cases of burgers from Sams, I think there is 80 in em and folks can bring chips or whatever else they might ant beyond a cheap burger.

zekester

Update

Tentative date is Sunday the 12th of June....I know I said after Fathers Day...but.

I should hear tomorrow if everything is fine, but if not...what the heck...It will be at my house.

If the 12th is good with everyone, or not...please let me know.

The next date would be the 26th.....

Eitherway it is going to happen!!!

Last edited:

mspgunner

Tentative date is Sunday the 12th of June....I know I said after Fathers Day...but.

I should hear tomorrow if everything is fine, but if not...what the heck...It will be at my house.

If the 12th is good with everyone, or not...please let me know.

The next date would be the 26th.....

Eitherway it is going to happen!!!

Either date is good here. Question - how would you like to promote this (Other 2 A groups?) and time and directions.

zekester

Update

My first location is a no go...seems the owner is actually a sheeple...

If it is at my house it fine, but I am working on a place that not only we can get together, but shoot if we like...

I will keep you informed....

"Z"