• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1St Annual OC BBQ for the St Louis Region (maybe)

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
It happens.

One point I think might need to be cleared up with an attempt to organize such an event. You might spec out that it will be alcohol free, a lot of folks associate a BBQ with beer etc. Adding firearms to that mix will find little support.

I will go on record myself, I know the law, I know it is not prohibited, that does not change my personal position that it is unwise and if such an event is held and armed persons are drinking, I will not participate.

zekester

sorry...i did not specify

This will be achohol free....

I know there is no way to control this...but I thought it was a given

mspgunner

It happens.

One point I think might need to be cleared up with an attempt to organize such an event. You might spec out that it will be alcohol free, a lot of folks associate a BBQ with beer etc. Adding firearms to that mix will find little support.

I will go on record myself, I know the law, I know it is not prohibited, that does not change my personal position that it is unwise and if such an event is held and armed persons are drinking, I will not participate.

This has been a subject of discussion on www.missouricarry.com I agree 100%!

sohighlyunlikely

sorry...i did not specify

This will be alcohol free....

I know there is no way to control this...but I thought it was a given

Political correctness strikes again.

Now you doing the over zealous governments job for them. Taking away person freedoms and personal responsibility. Will there be a magazine capacity restrictions at the BBQ as well?

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I am not sure I consider this a political correctness issue at all. If I were the property owner I would not desire the additional liabilities of sponsoring an event involving booze and firearms. I also am not sure that any insurance company available would cover such an event if a ND resulted in an injury.

My own personal position has nothing at all to do with political correctness, the event may go on without so much as a complaint from me, however I will not participate in it at all with booze involved. It is a safety issue to me, nothing more and nothing less.

zekester

OK...last thing said on this event....

We are all adults, if you want to drink, so be it...long guns will not be permitted due to the limitation of space if we are able to shoot..

The last thing I want to do is to get in a ******* match on what can and cannot be done.

This is exactly why I wish to have this event...It is time to talk, time to organize and get something done as a group.

Now, this was my plan and still is, if there are any concerns, let us hash them out now. I have an agenda, but was waiting for the OK, somehwere to have this.

This was not just going to be a get together, have a few brats and burgers, I want to seriouly discuss what is going on, if anything with the movement in the St Louis area.

Now you know where I stand...

I personally don't give a crap if no one comes, if you are not intersted in making this thing work. We will always disagree on alot of things, well sorry, but it is time to vote on it and make this thing happen or not at all.

You should show up to at least voice your concern about anything, long guns, drinking, smoking or maybe even wearing an Hawian t-shirt. Point is...come one come all and tell us your vision...PLEASE!!

So...once I get the place.......who the hell is coming?

Last edited:

mspgunner

Ok, opinion... I'll be where ever, when ever. The shooting is secondary for me. Organization and discussion is the key. There are a lot of venues for shooting, our focus is OC rights. Yes we differ but we agree there is an agenda that needs to be set. Indeed if we are not part of the solution, we're part of the problem--- Indifference. We may attract more folks if there is a shooting venue, very true, especially in attracting people who have not participated in OC events. I learned a lot from DOC and others, we NEED his input.

If it's your gig, for sure you can set some "rules". Liability is real, we all know that!

StevenSTL

I'm in as long as I'm off work. I've been reading the forums and not participating much lately. After the event in Maplewood, I've been sitting on the back burners watching things unfold. I can't believe the amount of animosity on these boards lately. We need to regroup and get something figured out.

mspgunner

Ditto... No time to waste, there is more and more discussion on other sites in regard to OC, never know who may jump on board.

5611OC.jpg

Tony4310

Count me and my Ruger in. We'll be there with brats! My wife isn't big on guns so it'll probably be me and my daughter if she is good!

zekester

I will check into it...

At this time...if I can, and I will, find a place..this is how it is going to work.

Because I started this, I will be responsible and proud to be so..."I" will set ground rules and they will be followed, end of story.

Once a place is set, I will require each one of you that wish to attend to contact me via PM and I will tell you when and where.

On this forum will be what is needed as far as food and stuff.

Please do not send me PM's at this time...hopefully by early next week I will have a place.

As I stated before...regardless of where or when, bring your speech. I know I am going to make one.

Last edited:

mspgunner

Very good. Although it may require a bit of work onyour part,you may want to get the email addresses of those who wil attend when they eventually PM you, makes communication much easier. I think you have mine, I have email addresses for some of those on the forum.

Mine is mspar15@aol.com (been that for 20 years/like aol or not, that's the way it is)

I don't mind it being out there, I block abusive emails. Oh folks, if you use it make the subject "OC" or you are more than likely going to be deleted or blocked, I don't open all my emails....

ARgood.jpg

armaskpointingatyou-Copy.jpg

Last edited:

zekester

perfect......LOL

And BTW...daughter will be fine....

AS a matter fact...the more kids the better!!!!!!!!

I hope to bring my kids and my grandkid!!

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

Just a thought ... Creve Coeur Park (St. Louis County Park) is in Maryland Heights. Easy to get too from St. Charles. Gun friendly!
What you think?

St Louis County parks have a "no gun" restriction that would make any OC meetings unwise. The only local parks I have found that do not have any firearm restrictions are the Bridgeton city parks and they actually have 3 large parks with covered picnic areas that can be reserved for a fee and if not reserved are 1st come 1st serve.

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
It may not be enforceable, but St Louis county has an ordinance 616.040 Wildlife Protection. -- 1. No person unless authorized by law shall use, carry or possess any long bow, cross bow, sling shot, pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, air gun or any other weapon where a projectile is propelled by gun powder, air, compressed air or springs in any County park except at shooting ranges authorized by the Department or with written permission from the Director.

Creve Coeur park like other St Louis County parks does not allow alcohol unless it is purchased from the concessions there, since you know it may well draw attention you might want to link up the rules to whatever location it winds up being, here is the lakes http://ww5.stlouisco.com/parks/pdf/rules-regulations.pdf

StevenSTL

Because I started this, I will be responsible and proud to be so..."I" will set ground rules and they will be followed, end of story.

Once a place is set, I will require each one of you that wish to attend to contact me via PM and I will tell you when and where.

And after they PM you they have to spin 20 times on their head, shoot a paper plate at 50 yards with a KelTec P3at, and sing the German National anthem at the same time.

If you plan on being this "stand-offish" then don't be surprised if not many people show up. Getting people to attend an OC event is hard enough already.