Thread: I may have turned a anti/skeptic into a believer today...

I may have turned a anti/skeptic into a believer today...

He may not have been a full fledged anti, but he was leaning to that side. I was in Beloit earlier, (A crime ridden **** hole of a town), and was sitting in my truck working on a few things on my laptop and they pulled next to me and overheard his buddy tell him not to leave anything of value in the open as they exited his vehicle. I opened my door and told him people around here are quick to steal anything of value. He laughed, made a self defense comment about protecting his property, and re-entered his vehicle. I grabbed a OC pamplet, wrote down a couple websites, and walked over and chatted with him. I pointed out several scenarios that would benefit greatly from possessing a defensive firearm, including and most importantly, the protection of my family. After about 15-20 min, we wrapped up our convo and he said that I had made a lot of good, valid points and will look into the websites I wrote down with an open mind and said I may have changed his ways of looking at firearms for self defense!! I didn't catch his name, but hope to see him on here and if he does join, let's make him feel welcome...

Well done.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Good job.

Well done, you're a good man. And I love that battleship avatar! Is it the Wisconsin?
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

+1
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

One at a time will add up fast. Good job.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Well done, you're a good man. And I love that battleship avatar! Is it the Wisconsin?
    I'm not sure actually, but I think I need one for Duck season... lol