• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I may have turned a anti/skeptic into a believer today...

gunguy2009

He may not have been a full fledged anti, but he was leaning to that side. I was in Beloit earlier, (A crime ridden **** hole of a town), and was sitting in my truck working on a few things on my laptop and they pulled next to me and overheard his buddy tell him not to leave anything of value in the open as they exited his vehicle. I opened my door and told him people around here are quick to steal anything of value. He laughed, made a self defense comment about protecting his property, and re-entered his vehicle. I grabbed a OC pamplet, wrote down a couple websites, and walked over and chatted with him. I pointed out several scenarios that would benefit greatly from possessing a defensive firearm, including and most importantly, the protection of my family. After about 15-20 min, we wrapped up our convo and he said that I had made a lot of good, valid points and will look into the websites I wrote down with an open mind and said I may have changed his ways of looking at firearms for self defense!! I didn't catch his name, but hope to see him on here and if he does join, let's make him feel welcome...