• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Presidential Result: 40% INCREASE in gas prices in ONE WEEK

since9

Campaign Veteran
Dear President Obama:

Last week gas prices were $2.60 a gallon. Then you announced a special commission to ascertain the possibility of collusion between major gas supply companies or corruption in the futures markets.

You also had Bin Laden shot and killed.

Now, just one week later, gas prices have jumped a buck, nearly 40%, to $3.60 a gallon.

While I'm glad we found Bin Laden, have you ever thought We, The People would be better off if you did less and we had less government intrusion in our lives than you and others trying to fix everything all the time?

Seriously, Mr. President. I strongly suspect gas prices rose because you were looking into the issues surrounding them. When you do that, the news agencies bring them to the minds of the public, including both investors and speculators, and that DOES drive up gas prices.

Who wins? I'll tell you one thing: It is NOT We, the People, who win. Rather, we are the ones who take it in the shorts.

I respectfully ask you to slow down and think for a while before you act. You're only two years older than I. I was smart enough to retire at age 45, so I know a thing or two, such as the national and international consequences of the actions, words, and sometimes mere thoughts of the President of the United States.

It's high time your understanding on this matter increase a notch or two, lest your efforts be undone by market forces before you even start!

Sincerely...

Yet another shining example our current president is NOT good for our economy, short term or long term.

Last edited:

eye95

While the stats in the OP's letter are ridiculously and horribly wrong, check the trends since the current administration took office. The ultimate point being so poorly made is valid.

Beginning in January 2009 (hmmmm), what had recently been plummeting gas prices immediately turned around and increased fairly steadily, until recently, when they accelerated wildly. Don't expect significant improvement. This administration has made no secret that they want even higher prices. It's the only way they can make the "green" garbage they extoll come even close to paying off. Even with huge subsidies, the economy would collapse under huge energy costs long before those "technologies" would ever pay off--even with the huge subsidies being funneled their way from our tax dollars.

Drill here. Drill now. Restore cheap energy and, as a result, prosperity.

p85

gas prices to fall

I read an article that gas prices are expected to fall 50 cents by June. the article indicated that prices have risen about 91 cnets since January. my math indicates that we are being hit with a 41 cent raise since Jan. but most people will breathe a sigh of relief that prices have fallen.

we are being played like a fiddle.

j4l

Good news! Your monthly chocolate rations are being increased, from 30 grams to 25 grams.

jbone

SNIP...Last week gas prices were $2.60 a gallon....Now, just one week later, gas prices have jumped a buck, nearly 40%, to $3.60 a gallon

Must be nice, the same day you report paying $3.60 I paid $4.12, and I live less than 50 miles from the refineray where the shits made, and delivered from.