• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Money Grubbin Bast@r&$!!!!!

MKEgal

safcrkr said:
...The proposed WI permit law will charge $65 for a permit. A FL permit is $117, a MN is $100, and I believe Utah has raised theirs from $60 up to $100... plus UT has changed their law in another regards. If your state issues CC permits, you CANNOT get a UT non-res permit unless you 1st obtain a permit from your home state.
As of Tues. UT is $65, and if WI eventually issues permits and if WI also recognizes UT, then we'll have to have a WI permit to get (or renew) a UT permit.

Why get a UT or FL permit? Because they're already recognized in so many states.

Who knows where/if WI would be recognized. More time & money wasted by our state legislature fussing with reciprocity.

safcrkr

As of Tues. UT is $65, and if WI eventually issues permits and if WI also recognizes UT, then we'll have to have a WI permit to get (or renew) a UT permit.

Why get a UT or FL permit? Because they're already recognized in so many states.

Who knows where/if WI would be recognized. More time & money wasted by our state legislature fussing with reciprocity.

I've had a FL permit since 2003. I'm two years into my 2nd one. My MN permit expires in July of this year... my 5 years is up there. Living in a "no-concealed-carry" state, I know the value of non-res permits. If WI issues permits, and MN does not honor them, then I'll get a UT permit which they will honor, and will no longer need the FL. I got the FL because my sister lives there, and it's the only way a WI resident could carry there, as FL does not recognize non-res permits from other states (such as UT or MN) but they do issue their own permits to non-res. Hopefully they'll honor a WI permit. Permit "bingo"... I love it. The 1st year or so I messed with this stuff, I was totally confused... but now I've got it all memorized as to who honors what.

Our legislature won't be fussing with reciprocity issues. There likely won't be any issues on this end, because WI will accept all other states permits. What's to discuss? The only out-of-state permits they won't honor are those held by wisconsinites. Whether other states accept ours is out of our hands, that's up to them. And besides that, it's not the legislature that fusses with reciprocity. It's the governing body that oversees the permits, such as Dept of Justice, State Police, etc. That varies from State to State, in FL it's the Dept of Agriculture. In WI's bill, it'd be the DOJ that would handle any issues, if there were any.

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

I think the major issue is this

Someone is pushing the idea that these courses will allow you to carry here in Wisconsin. That is bad juju no matter how you look at it. The point of this thread is that we should take the iniciatve and get this fixed before it bites us in the a$$.

I just got off the phone with Bill, and he assured me that this whole situation was the complete opposite of what he is putting out. He plainly said that he was telling people that this would NOT allow people to carry in Wisconsin if we ended up with a permit system. And I would have to say that I believe him. Though he did mention that he would be offering the Wisconsin Course if we end up with one, and he would be taking care of his prior students first.

All in all, it seems to me that this guy is dealing straight up and there someone else who is warping this information to look like it will allow you to carry here in Wisconsin.

But I did also find out that he is not the one that is doing some of the courses, so there still seems to be people out there that are using questionable practices. So it is not BDJ, but I did get another call about a course in Milwaukee (That BDJ is not doing) that they advertisement says will allow you to carry in Wisconsin. So can someone in Milwaukee find out a little more info for me please?

Last edited:

carracer

I believe Utah now requires that one has a resident permit for their home state before applying for a Utah non resident permit. So how does that fit in with this?

safcrkr

I believe Utah now requires that one has a resident permit for their home state before applying for a Utah non resident permit. So how does that fit in with this?

If the constitutional carry bill, without optional permit, passes, then you can still get the UT non-res permit, just as you can today. If the permit bill passes, you must get a WI permit before getting a UT. If you already have a UT permit and WI passes a permit law, your UT permit is valid until it's expiration. To renew, you'll need a WI permit.