• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greensboro looking at "gun violence"

papa bear

Dreamer

Maybe he should start cracking down on those evil bee-keepers too, since your chances of dying from a bee sting in the US are something like 100 times more than your chances of being killed by an armed criminal...

TrailRunner

<sarcasm>In the US in 2007, 2423712 people died. Of those deaths, 12632 were deaths from assault using firearms. This is approximately equal to half of 1 percent of all sources of death.

Also in 2007, 22631 people died from falling accidents. 29846 from accidental poisoning or exposure to noxious gases.

So: Ladders and trees are more likely to kill people. Household chemicals are more likely to kill people. Maybe the GPD can go around ordering people to put locks on their ladders and cleaning cabinets, cut off tree limbs below 9 feet hight, and pass laws restricting who can buy them. That would save more lives, right?</sarcasm>

Source: 2006-2007 Census Data

Last edited:

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
I posted a comment under the pseudonym of "GiveMeLiberty" in response to that asshat who says he is a former LEO.

That was on the fox 8 story. You have to click the view comments button - I posted it as a direct response to his comment... it doesn't show up at the bottom of the main article.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

papa bear

i had posted a comment but it did not show up. i basically wanted to ask if the poster wanted to line everyone up, coming into Greensboro was to be frisked

anybody know what they came up with?

Last edited:

Dreamer

The GSO chief is a new one. From Charlotte.

Just look at his success in CLT.

Ah, Charlotte. The biggest collection of large banking HQs in the US, outside of NYC...

Yeah I wonder how many $$$BILLIONS of Mexican drug cartel money were laundered through Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs, Citi and Chase at their Charlotte branches?

Maybe that explains all the Porsche and Lamborghini dealers in Charlotte--because there sure as hell isn't any OTHER economy in that region.

Holding up Charlotte NC as a paragon of "law and order" is like holding up Auschwitz as a model for "contract labor".

And I'm not even talking about the small-time local thugs on the street. Every piece of paper currency in circulation in Charlotte is soaked in cocaine, heroin, and the blood of innocent women and children in Central and South America, funneled through the sociopathic International Banking Houses that call Charlotte home...

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Every piece of paper currency in circulation in Charlotte is soaked in cocaine, heroin, and the blood of innocent women and children in Central and South America, funneled through the sociopathic International Banking Houses that call Charlotte home...

Um.... wow.

Can you support that? 99% of the time I'm nodding my head in agreement with you, but I don't get it this time. Please explain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Um.... wow.

Can you support that? 99% of the time I'm nodding my head in agreement with you, but I don't get it this time. Please explain.

Wachovia's corporate HQ is in Charlotte...

The US DOJ, DEA, IRS and others turned up in an investigation that Wachovia has laundered $378.4 BILLION in drug money for the Mexican cartels, and even financed the purchase and leasing of aircraft for them to smuggle their drugs into the US.

(BTW, that figure is 1/3 the ENTIRE legitimate Mexican GDP, just as a point of reference...)

If anyone thinks that the Charlotte HQ wasn't aware of this amount of throughput, and wasn't completely complicit with it, they are delusional. They knew, they approved, and they profited TREMENDOUSLY.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/03/us-bank-mexico-drug-gangs

And so were Bank of America, American Express, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, and others...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...rtels-admitted-in-wells-fargo-s-u-s-deal.html

Y'all need to read articles other than just the ones that are gun-related. It's a big world out there, and the news is pretty full of this sort of stuff EVERY DAY...

Last edited: