• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Warning, might be stupid questions

protias

I understand the point about not telling the LEO about my everyday "normal" activities. The bottom line is regardless how legal it is to open carry it is not "viewed" as a "normal" everyday behavior or activity. My sole and only purpose for thinking to call ahead is to avoid being bothered by any LEO when I am out about. I was just curious if anyone had done this and have successfully avoided any LEO from showing up to E-check you while open carry during normal everyday activity like going to Walmart or Target.

Since learning of the open carry law I've asked every person around me if they knew of this law, including armed security guards. So far not a single person thought it was legal and all thought I was crazy to even say that.

The mall security guard even told me that if he saw anyone wearing a firearm he would immediately pull his gun and seize that person to detain them until the police show up. I told him that he better check with the rules first before he makes a fool out of himself .....

On the flip side, several of my gun fanatic friends were very happy to learn about the open carry and soon will be part of this movement.

We deal with the same carry questions here in WI. Many people do not know OC is legal. Since our AG (van Hollen) memo put out two years ago about OC in itself is not grounds for a Terry Stop, we've still be harassed by police from time to time. We've worked very hard to get our rights restored in this state. Right now, with the help of Wisconsin Carry, Inc, all of its members, and organizing with other gun rights groups in WI, we've forced the GOP change its stance from permitted carry to permitless carry. Yesterday, there were hearings for both a permit system and Constitutional Carry, with most people speaking for Constitutional Carry. We've done this all in two short years! Not many people would have thought we'd be this far beginning of last year, but we've worked hard for it, so hopefully we'll have Constitutional Carry in WI this year!

Continue to work hard in CA and you'd be surprised at what can happen! :banana::monkey

ryanburbridge

Ryan,

Sorry about the mix up.

I think there are all different kind of LEO, some are ********, some are nice just like every thing else in our society.

I think if I was a LEO I would be worried when I see an everyday citizen armed with a sidearm. Because the first thing that would come in my mind would be "I wonder if this ******* would grab his gun out and shoot me?"

The mall security guard even told me that if he saw anyone wearing a firearm he would immediately pull his gun and seize that person to detain them until the police show up. I told him that he better check with the rules first before he makes a fool out of himself .....

/QUOTE]

All LEO are the same in regards to there job. They are to gather evidence to make an arrest and put you behind bars. The nice ones are more dangerous because a citizen may let there guard down thinking the LEO is a good guy. Wrong! Same job in the end you will be behind bars.

Your comment being worried about geting shot is due to a false sense of security most people have. You never had or ever will have a guarantee of security. Police are not safe from harm nor the normal citizen. I find it sad that anyone can even think like this. How would you feel if after you called in to the LEO about you UOC an officer let down his gaurd when contacting an armed individual and was executed?

As to the mall cop. This just shows the stupidity of any requirement of "training" to carry a firearm. It is a natural right to defend ones life and guns are the best tool. Having mandatory "training" is an infringement on that right with the same false assumption that we can all be safe.

This is just my thoughts and not targeting you. Keep the questions and ideas coming. Provoke thought I may learn something or see a view I have never thought about. Were all on the same team. Team liberty!

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

MrPcar

can someone please point me to a link where I can find a map where OC is not allowed in Southern California? Or there is no restriction except school, airport, post office etc

Thanks

ryanburbridge

can someone please point me to a link where I can find a map where OC is not allowed in Southern California? Or there is no restriction except school, airport, post office etc

Thanks

The only map I know of would be posted at South Bay Open Carry.

http://southbayopencarry.org/maps/

Be careful having these on your person. Part of the GFSZ crime is knowing your in a school zone. Always do your own research. Ignorance is no defense.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

Joshua Costa

Activist Member

Thanks

The best way I have found to incorporate OC in my daily life is have a list of safe places. I know the target next to my house is safe I know a best buy near by is safe and so on.

When ever I want to broaden my scope of Open carry I do a bunch of research (google schools and a zip code to get you started. then scope the area out and look for schools.) Once I'm sure the coast is clear I add that new location to my list and feel confident that if I need gas I have a list of safe gas stations, or if I need milk I can hit up Target ect... This method for me is the best way to protect myself and my family while still conforming to unconstitutional laws that the California and federal law makers have given us.

OC is half the battle the other half is happening in Sacramento and the courts.

Rights are given to free men by God (Alah, innate human rights, insert your belief here). A government by the people can not take away those rights.