• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Report on Blackdog Arms

.357Jedi

Hello all
I want to tell you about a very good firearms training experience I had yesterday. I went up to Danville VA and took a tactical pistol clinic given by Mr David Helms, owner and operator of Blackdog Arms.
We covered such subjects as point blank shooting, room clearing, threat recognition, shooting on the move, shooting while on the ground, negotiating corners and doorways, and a lot of very cool stuff.
This course is not classroom. It is conducted on the range and it is all live fire. Trust me, we went through a LOT of ammo.
At the end of the course Mr. Helms brought out his M4 and let us have a go with that too. Then we had fun shooting at a bowling pin 150 yards away with our pistols. No we dident hit it but we sure scared hell out of it.
All in all I can highly recommend this training to you. If you are able to take this course I think you will be very happy you did.