• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVE is calling the flock to Madison

MKEgal

W"AV"E said:
... coalition to oppose and/or obtain training and exemptions
:eek: Huh?? They either want to do away with or require training & exemptions.

W"AV"E said:
...if you would like to see an exemption so that a concealed weapon cannot be taken into your agency
How will a law stop criminals?
If an agency is a private company, it's already able to post "victim disarmament" signs.
(Which also don't stop criminals.)
If it's a public agency, they'd have to have metal detectors & provide free lockers.

McX said:
free tofu, and scalp massages for all Wavers who attend!
What about us? I like both tofu & massages.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
WAVE sounds the rally call again:

Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort
Are you going to sit back and just accept that "the guys with the guns make the rules"? Good; I didn't think you would! Join us at the hearing on Thursday in Madison!

Public Hearing on Loaded, Hidden Guns in Public
Time: ‎10:30AM Thursday, May 12th..

about an hour ago · Like · Comment.
Jane Gebel Prentice, Susan Latimer and 2 others like this..

Asunn Trooth you better come up w a better plan than the internet, if you want to contest people w guns Bro. #Imjustsaying 57 minutes ago.

Maggi Schrader Why are these things always during the day? People who work also would like to give their opinions. How long will the hearing be going on? 56 minutes ago.

Jeri Bonavia Maggi, I think it's scheduled to end at 5:30p, but it may go later. If you can't make it to the hearing, please call and/or email your legislators. You can find there contact info. here: http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/waml/waml.aspx Thanks!!

KansasKraut

Hey all, I'll do my damnedest to make it. I'd recommend that if you've got a WCI shirt, wear it. I'll be sporting mine!

KansasKraut

Haha. I also just checked out WAVE's Facebook page. Immediately to the right of their draft-dodging/patchouli-scented/limp-wristed/communist-sympathizing/sniveling/whining/white wine spritzer-drinking/sheep-baying/kum-ba-yah WALL OF CRAP was this statement: "Hubert Hoffman likes this." I'm just sure!

protias

Haha. I also just checked out WAVE's Facebook page. Immediately to the right of their draft-dodging/patchouli-scented/limp-wristed/communist-sympathizing/sniveling/whining/white wine spritzer-drinking/sheep-baying/kum-ba-yah WALL OF CRAP was this statement: "Hubert Hoffman likes this." I'm just sure!

oh yeah..theres alot on this side that 'like' that page...i dont..i did...but i dont now...they will let us 'like' the page, but if we post something they dont like, the delete it and block us from posting...
Gotta keep tabs on them. ;)

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The WAVE sheeple go into a panic with every proposal. From WAVE Facebook:

Yet another "guns in public" bill was drafted and is being circulated for co-sponsors. This one requires two hours of training but ... no background check, no permit, virtually no restrictions. Sheesh. Just another flavor of extremism.
The author is calling it the "compromise bill." Hmm, looks like someone doesn't know what compromise means.
2 hours ago

5 people like this..

Allen Pearson I can't like this but I can say it is terrible and insane.
2 hours ago ·

Joyce Stabenau Training is good. Permit must also be required, as all guns are not purchased through a dealer. Private sales need to have a permit to carry.
2 hours ago.

Joyce Stabenau I feel sorry for law enforcement, having to deal with this added threat!
2 hours ago.

Cathy Lee Brandstetter Who needs to "compromise" when the other guy is carrying a concealed, loaded gun???
2 hours ago.

Bonnie Elvidge Those who vote for this insanity should be required to go to the funerals that will result. How will they spin it when the police officers are killed in action due to their pandoring to the pro-gun lobby?
2 hours ago.

Jane Gebel Prentice Wisconsin Republicans are trying to make it harder to vote and easier to carry a loaded gun. How dumb is that!
about an hour ago

Coalition to Stop Gun Violence ‎2 hours of training but no background check? Bizarre.
about an hour ago

Mickey Pollack This bill would make it legal to carry a concealed weapon at Summerfest or Lambeau Field. What kind of moron wants to mix concealed weapons with drinking beer and alcohol in public?
about an hour ago.

bigdaddy1

Reading some of the responses its easy to see the lack of correct information, or intended misinformation being spread. To bad the Nazi regime at WAVE wouldn't permit us to correct them.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
The WAVE sheeple go into a panic with every proposal. From WAVE Facebook:

Yet another "guns in public" bill was drafted and is being circulated for co-sponsors. This one requires two hours of training but ... no background check, no permit, virtually no restrictions. Sheesh. Just another flavor of extremism.
The author is calling it the "compromise bill." Hmm, looks like someone doesn't know what compromise means.
2 hours ago

5 people like this..

Allen Pearson I can't like this but I can say it is terrible and insane.
2 hours ago ·

Joyce Stabenau Training is good. Permit must also be required, as all guns are not purchased through a dealer. Private sales need to have a permit to carry.
2 hours ago.

Joyce Stabenau I feel sorry for law enforcement, having to deal with this added threat!
2 hours ago.

Cathy Lee Brandstetter Who needs to "compromise" when the other guy is carrying a concealed, loaded gun???
2 hours ago.

Bonnie Elvidge Those who vote for this insanity should be required to go to the funerals that will result. How will they spin it when the police officers are killed in action due to their pandoring to the pro-gun lobby?
2 hours ago.

Jane Gebel Prentice Wisconsin Republicans are trying to make it harder to vote and easier to carry a loaded gun. How dumb is that!
about an hour ago

Coalition to Stop Gun Violence ‎2 hours of training but no background check? Bizarre.
about an hour ago

Mickey Pollack This bill would make it legal to carry a concealed weapon at Summerfest or Lambeau Field. What kind of moron wants to mix concealed weapons with drinking beer and alcohol in public?
about an hour ago.

This is some funny Stuff !!!!!!!!!! lmao rotf

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
WAVE has gotten the raised fist crowd at the Madison based One Wisconsin Now to join in. They are the home site for promoting Capitol disruptions. From the One Wisconsin Now Facebook page:

One Wisconsin Now
Hey gang, I know there is a TON of stuff going on right now. But yet another hearing on yet another crapulent bill. This time, it's on concealed carry of loaded firearms in public.

Hearing is tomorrow, check the details below and get to the Capitol if you can!
Public Hearing on Loaded, Hidden Guns in Public
Time: ‎10:30AM Thursday, May 12th..
2 hours ago · Share.
10 people like this..

Don Smith Hey maybe they want us to conceal and carry to the capital?
2 hours ago

Heidi Waddell Crapulent Bill. Perfect words.
2 hours ago

Chris DeIuliis With all the crazy **** going on I could -live- in the capitol. Oh, wait....
2 hours ago.

Brenda Swenson ug
2 hours ago.

Brenda Swenson ugh who is held responsible for me getting shot at someitme for no reason except because a person can carry with only 2 hours of training... and how hard is it going to be for police when they don't know who is packing and who isn't, very scary stuff but what hasn't been.....
2 hours ago.

Jacqueline Haessly AND, I wonder why not in Milwaukee, or Racine -- with highest numbers of gun violence in state. Wonder, too, if Wausau might have more??? :( Peace, Jackie
2 hours ago.

Dea Shore Just what we need ... not!
2 hours ago.

Lisa Werth Can someone point out to them why is it we need voter ID but they are so lax on guns??? Or if we need training to drive a car, why isn't there any for carry and conceal?
2 hours ago.

Mary Jo Patton Soon it will be easier to carry a concealed weapon in Wisconsin than to cast a vote.
about an hour ago.

Jac Koltz It does boggle the mind as to why it should be so easy to get a gun.. but so hard to cast a vote.
about an hour ago.

Heidi Murphy If this goes through and anyone I know is accidently shot to death, I am going to request negligent homicide charges against this dink.

protias

Obviously none of them have had to fill out the paperwork to purchase a firearm. I mean, how hard is it to get some form of photo ID? How does one cash a check without one?