• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My email to Gov. Walker

bigdaddy1

Here is a copy of what I sent to Walker.

Dear Governor Walker;

I am writing to ask you to support Senator Pam Galloway's bill (LRB-2007/1) for paperless carry of firearms in Wisconsin. This is the only bill regarding the carrying of firearms that complies with our Constitution. Shall issue laws make the right to keep and bear arms into a privilege, not what our founding fathers had written into our Constitution of the United States. As a resident of Wisconsin I can legally carry a firearm now openly and holstered with out any license or specialized expensive training, why should it suddenly be required simply to put my coat over my firearm? Wisconsin does not need more government, we need the right to protect ourselves. I hope I can count on your support for LRB-2007/1, and keep Wisconsin free.

Sincerely,

bigdaddy1

I think that putting too much information cause them to skim over the email, missing what ever key point you are trying to make. Keeping it short and to the point will cause less a chance of them blowing over the message.

HandyHamlet

Dear Governor Walker,

I am asking you to please support Senator Pam Galloway's bill (LRB-2007/1) for Constitutional Carry of firearms in Wisconsin. Your reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Bartholomew Handy Hamlet III

Dist 69

WyldStallyns.jpg

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Here is a copy of what I sent to Walker.

Dear Governor Walker;

I am writing to ask you to support Senator Pam Galloway's bill (LRB-2007/1) for paperless carry of firearms in Wisconsin. This is the only bill regarding the carrying of firearms that complies with our Constitution. Shall issue laws make the right to keep and bear arms into a privilege, not what our founding fathers had written into our Constitution of the United States. As a resident of Wisconsin I can legally carry a firearm now openly and holstered with out any license or specialized expensive training, why should it suddenly be required simply to put my coat over my firearm? Wisconsin does not need more government, we need the right to protect ourselves. I hope I can count on your support for LRB-2007/1, and keep Wisconsin free.

Sincerely,

Nicely put!

I sent this myself:

Governor Walker,

1st let me say that I believe you are doing a good job.

I would like you to come out in favor for LRB 11-2007-1, the Constitutional Carry version of a new concealed carry law.

You keep saying that you will not support raising taxes and fees. Issuing permits is creating a new fee.

You and the Republicans want smaller government. Issuing licenses requires bigger government.

I know some will argue that the fee is 'reasonable'. While it may be reasonable today, we know that a future governor/legislature can, with a simple budget bill, raise the fee to an astronomical, unaffordable level.

People keep asking about reciprocity. The current shall issue bills would not make the holder of those permits exempt from the Federal Gun Free School Zone law, which means, while I am driving down the street and come within 1000 feet of a school, I become a felon.

The state Republican Party platform supports concealed carry with no permit. I can (and do) open carry with no permit.

I implore you, please don't stab us in the back, support true Constitutional Carry!

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or if you need additional information.

--
Paul L Fisher

M

McX

Dear Governor Walker,

I am asking you to please support Senator Pam Galloway's bill (LRB-2007/1) for Constitutional Carry of firearms in Wisconsin. Your reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Bartholomew Handy Hamlet III

Dist 69

WyldStallyns.jpg

most excellent letters! be excellent to each other, party on!

Outdoorsman1

I have a question...

If the Constitional Carry bill does not make it to the floor for a vote, would Gov. Walker still be able to change the "Shall Issue" bill through line item veto, or would these e-mails be moot if the "C.C." bill does not even make it to the floor...????

Either way, I will be e-mailing the Gov. a short and to the point e-mail as well....

Outdoorsman1

paul@paul-fisher.com

If the Constitional Carry bill does not make it to the floor for a vote, would Gov. Walker still be able to change the "Shall Issue" bill through line item veto, or would these e-mails be moot if the "C.C." bill does not even make it to the floor...????

Either way, I will be e-mailing the Gov. a short and to the point e-mail as well....

Outdoorsman1

I had thought the same thing. The WI Governor has an amazing amount of power with his veto. Doyle was famous for basically changing legislation with fastidious use of his veto pen. We would have to look to see if he could just cross out the words 'permit', for example.

bigdaddy1

I am hopeful that Gov. Walker may be able to use his influence on Senate and House members to sway them toward the Constitutional Carry rather than the Shall Issue. If not the line item veto may be put to use if he can. Either way he needs to know that people are not only aware of the Constitutional Carry bill, but are looking for it to pass.

If you continue to do things the way you always did, you will continue to get what you always got.

rcav8r

Lets just come out and say it. We want Walker to tell the Fitzgeralds "knock that sh*t off and push Constitutional Carry, not permits".

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Good letters to da guv!

Thanks Bigdaddy. I also emailed the governor to support Pam Galloway's Constitutional Carry bill.

Carry On!

paul@paul-fisher.com

OK. After sleeping on this, I don't think Walker could veto the shall-issue bill into a Constitutional Carry bill.

Unfortunately, only the Constitutional Carry bill actually repeals 941.23. The shall issue bills add exemptions for permit holders. So, if he, for example, vetoed the permit portions, 941.23 would still be the law of the land.

That is my read on it.

apjonas

Yer Darn Tootin'

Lets just come out and say it. We want Walker to tell the Fitzgeralds "knock that sh*t off and push Constitutional Carry, not permits".

That's exactly what is needed. Tell these legislators it's our way or the highway. Sure it might be another eight years before an opportunity like this comes about - but at least we will have stuck to our principles! And the Governor ought to direct how the Legislative Branch conducts its business, the Judiciary in the person of Judge Sumi has already done so with superb results. Let's double down!