• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed robbery in Houston!

MR Redenck

http://www.khou.com/video/featured-videos/Raw-Masked-men-rob-Houston-Waffle-House-121283604.html

Watch this video and see the horror of gun control.
As I watched this video, I couldnt see myself drawing a weapon unless I thought someone was about to get shot. 3 armed criminals in 3 different positions about the palce. All I can think of is what would happen if someone did fire upon those criminals. Creating a gunfight in that place would have surely gotten some people shot.
The man that they took $600 off of most likely did what I would have done. I would have pursued them as they left the store and fired upon them if I had a clear shot.
This is a very extreme situation and one people should really consider when carrying weapons. " Is it better to Not draw your weapon in events like this unless absolutely necessary".
I got banned off another forum because I sent the moderator a message disagreeing with his comment about this. He posted a video of himself rapid firing at three pieces of papper as if someone could have shot all three criminals without any victims getting shot in return.
I have been involved with more than one armed robbery before. Twice I actually eliminated the threat and I wasnt even armed. "All I had was my stupidity on me".
I for one can actually say, you dont have a clue what your going to do until you face this kind of situation.
The opinions I see some of the CHL instructors giving people on these websites is nothing more than false info. One thing I really dont want people thinking is their some kind of commando just because some CHL instructor builds their confidnece. People really need to watch this video and learn " What not to do".
" Im pretty aggressive myself, and I cant see one single palce in this video that I could have done anything until those criminals left the cafe." :uhoh:

Badger Johnson

When overwhelmed or swarmed I would be quite fearful to have been OC-ing. You're stuck in a situation where you don't have space, time or a clear field of fire.

Maybe Waffle House (which was a subject of another thread in which a member pre-cased the restaurant) should install inner door locks like high end jewelry stores? They seem to be a target.

Robin47

When overwhelmed or swarmed I would be quite fearful to have been OC-ing. You're stuck in a situation where you don't have space, time or a clear field of fire.

Maybe Waffle House (which was a subject of another thread in which a member pre-cased the restaurant) should install inner door locks like high end jewelry stores? They seem to be a target.

Door locks might get people shot.
This video looks like more of the "New kinds of robbery" that might be taking place
because of the economy going bad.
However if all or most of the people had been OCing, the "Casing the joint guy" might say that place is to risky.
More people should OC.
There will come a time of "Reckoning" in Texas and many other states where people will learn the hard way
that the LEO's will not always be there to protect you.
You really need your own protection !
I hope Texas does make it legal to OC there. Robin47

MR Redenck

I understand what your saying and have been thinking about that too.
In Texas you cant open carry a Handgun right now. You can open carry rifles but your still going to jail for this>>>>(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

This exact same thing was about to happen in Georgia, but a couple of Open Carry guy's soiled the criminals plans.
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-atlanta/open-carry-deters-armed-robbery-kennesaw
If more people in Texas were to open carry, I cant help but to think criminals would not want to be here. If several people in that Houston waffle house had guns on their hips, I dont think those idiots would have even attempted to rob that place.
I would love to see at least 1 out of 3 people in Texas carrying guns on their hips. Make criminals fear the Lone Star State!

Badger Johnson

By door locks I meant having an inner door lock so that the BG would be trapped outside the restaurant and have to be buzzed in by the staff if they look OK. However, it's pretty easy to defeat that if you just look nondescript, I suppose.

I saw the earlier thread about the attempt at getting in the Waffle house, that's why I mentioned they might need to heighten security. I don't understand why they are such a target. Can three people really profit on the till at a breakfast nook? Their big take was that guy with $600 on him. Maybe they saw him withdrawing it and targeted him more than the restaurant.

What's a bit puzzling is that there appeared to be a door into the prep area at the end of the room and the staff started to go that way but didn't go into it.

In the earlier case it was a carload of guys planning to take the WH. That seems like it's overkill (no pun intended).

I agree if everyone had been OC-ing it might have been a bit of a deterrent but when three guys get the drop on you, you're pretty much hosed, I'd think.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

By door locks I meant having an inner door lock so that the BG would be trapped outside the restaurant and have to be buzzed in by the staff if they look OK. However, it's pretty easy to defeat that if you just look nondescript, I suppose.

I saw the earlier thread about the attempt at getting in the Waffle house, that's why I mentioned they might need to heighten security. I don't understand why they are such a target. Can three people really profit on the till at a breakfast nook? Their big take was that guy with $600 on him. Maybe they saw him withdrawing it and targeted him more than the restaurant.

What's a bit puzzling is that there appeared to be a door into the prep area at the end of the room and the staff started to go that way but didn't go into it.

In the earlier case it was a carload of guys planning to take the WH. That seems like it's overkill (no pun intended).

I agree if everyone had been OC-ing it might have been a bit of a deterrent but when three guys get the drop on you, you're pretty much hosed, I'd think.

Most WH's do not have a drop safe. It is not unusual for them to take in $2,000 cash on a busy shift. $800 to $1,000 is reasonably common.