• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

JSonline Constitutional Carry Poll

Madmodder

Just threw this up on the ar15.com Wisconsin hometown forums and the Taurusarmed.net forums as well. There has been talk of Wisconsin CCW there as well, so I thought I'd let them know of the poll as well.

Last edited:

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Another 1,000+ Responses in less than an hour!

Yes - I should be able to carry a concealed gun without a permit or training (64%)

I'm OK with concealed carry, but I think it should only be allowed with a permit and training (22%)

I'm opposed to concealed carry - period (14%)

Total Responses: 6908

AaronS

Yes - I should be able to carry a concealed gun without a permit or training (64%)
blu_grad_backgrnd_JSO.gif

I'm OK with concealed carry, but I think it should only be allowed with a permit and training (22%)

Total Responses: 7144

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
As of 3:08 edt

Yes - I should be able to carry a concealed gun without a permit or training (63%)

Total Responses: 7171

protias

Yes - I should be able to carry a concealed gun without a permit or training (63%)

Total Responses: 7664

Captain Nemo

At 7:50PM Constitutional carry leads shall issue carry by a ratio of 3 to 1. Do you think the politicians will get the message? I doubt it. Even though that ratio is a result of over 8400 constituent votes they will probably turn a blind eye to it. On the other hand if the results of a poll favors their own personal convictions and shows a margin as small as 3 - 5 percent they run with it, even if the poll is a low as 1000 samples. Politicians that tout that they are running for office in order to give their constituents better representation is a sham. Most run for office so they can furthur their personal ideologies. I doubt this poll will have any effect on the type of bill presented. I hope I'm wrong but for 12 years they (politicians, law enforcementand even the Wisconsin supreme court) have largely ignored that the right to keep and bear arms amendment was ratified by 75% of the voting public and regardless the political party in office the legislature is heavily anti-gun. The WCI chairman said that the constitutional carry vesion won't even be introduced to the Assembly because they don't think they have enough votes for passage. Even though the Assembly is controlled by the Republicans obviously some will not march to the party drum beat. Doesn't mean we shouldn't stop pushing. We have to play every card we have. It's just that we have to recognize that when it comes to constituents interests versus the politicians interest we usually lose. Perhaps a sign advertising the results of this poll will have some persuasive effect at the hearings. At least they can't deny knowing about it and a "no" vote can be used at election time to challenge them.

Last edited:

protias

At 7:50PM Constitutional carry leads shall issue carry by a ratio of 3 to 1. Do you think the politicians will get the message? I doubt it. Even though that ratio is a result of over 8400 constituent votes they will probably turn a blind eye to it. On the other hand if the results of a poll favors their own personal convictions and shows a margin as small as 3 - 5 percent they run with it, even if the poll is a low as 1000 samples. Politicians that tout that they are running for office in order to give their constituents better representation is a sham. Most run for office so they can furthur their personal ideologies. I doubt this poll will have any effect on the type of bill presented. I hope I'm wrong but for 12 years they (politicians, law enforcementand even the Wisconsin supreme court) have largely ignored that the right to keep and bear arms amendment was ratified by 75% of the voting public and regardless the political party in office the legislature is heavily anti-gun. The WCI chairman said that the constitutional carry vesion won't even be introduced to the Assembly because they don't think they have enough votes for passage. Even though the Assembly is controlled by the Republicans obviously some will not march to the party drum beat. Doesn't mean we shouldn't stop pushing. We have to play every card we have. It's just that we have to recognize that when it comes to constituents interests versus the politicians interest we usually lose. Perhaps a sign advertising the results of this poll will have some persuasive effect at the hearings. At least they can't deny knowing about it and a "no" vote can be used at election time to challenge them.

I just got back from Paul Farrow's listening session and he said he's not sure there are enough votes for Constitutional Carry in the Assembly. I strongly urge everyone that is able, to show up to the session on Thursday and bring this poll with you! If you are not able to, continue to contact your reps. Farrow is one of many who has signed only the Constitutional Carry bill, but will vote for the permit system if Constitutional Carry does not pass.

rcav8r

You wouldn't have names of those repubs who would not vote for Constitutional carry, would you? Those are the ones who need to be pressured.

protias

You wouldn't have names of those repubs who would not vote for Constitutional carry, would you? Those are the ones who need to be pressured.
You could look at the co-sponsors and subtract from that, just to hedge your bets. It would take a lot of time, time of which I do not have. :(

Last edited:

apierce918

You could look at the co-sponsors and subtract from that, just to hedge your bets. It would take a lot of time, time of which I do not have. :(

are the co-sponsors listed somewhere now? I havent heard anything back from mine, and if they are only on the permit bill, and not the CC bill, i have a nasty gram to be working on. If they are on both, I'm ok with that.

Captain Nemo

We are kind of between a rock and a hard place right now. The info I have from this forum and other sources is that there is serious question as to whether or not the Assembly has enough votes to pass a constitutional carry bill at this time. We will only have one shot at getting a carry bill passed before the recall elections if that vote fails we may not get another chance to pass one under a republican controlled assembly. Even if the challenged republicans are re-elected we may not even get a chance during the current session. I am fully aware of the retoric and debate concerning constitutional rights. I strongly believe in them also. Matbe we have to put them aside for the time being and go for the sure thing. As posted by another member the proposed permit bill is likely one of the top two choice of carry bills in the nation. Ounce the shall issue bill proves to be "safe" a constitutional carry modification should be a slam dunk. This is not a cop out but a compromise for success.

paul@paul-fisher.com

are the co-sponsors listed somewhere now? I havent heard anything back from mine, and if they are only on the permit bill, and not the CC bill, i have a nasty gram to be working on. If they are on both, I'm ok with that.

Unfortunately, the co-sponsors/co-authors won't be listed until it becomes a bill, which by that time will probably be too late.

M

McX

i already have my steeeeenkin out of state permits lined up, so if they think they can regulate me down to, and sell me yet another steeenkin permit, they are mistaken. Wis permits will undoubtedly be offered at all major Sears, and K-Mart stores, illustrating the 'credibility' of those permits.

protias

i already have my steeeeenkin out of state permits lined up, so if they think they can regulate me down to, and sell me yet another steeenkin permit, they are mistaken. Wis permits will undoubtedly be offered at all major Sears, and K-Mart stores, illustrating the 'credibility' of those permits.
You sure WI will honor other state's permits?