• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Auburn police shooting no cause for hysteria

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Now see, if they would have shot him sooner, they could have prevented his criminal background from becoming extensive...

Oh, my. Isn't this the state with Officer Ian Birk?

Maybe we don't want to encourage police to use lethal force unless it really is justified.

amlevin

Oh, my. Isn't this the state with Officer Ian Birk?

Maybe we don't want to encourage police to use lethal force unless it really is justified.

Maybe we need to include "Fencing" lessons in Police Training. Give them a saber to carry along with all their other gear. That way they won't have to shoot people like this that threaten with a knife.

1911er

Maybe we need to include "Fencing" lessons in Police Training. Give them a saber to carry along with all their other gear. That way they won't have to shoot people like this that threaten with a knife.

Why fencing lessons ? It's commonly known that A clip of .40 cal rounds is equal to A knife if it has at least A 3in. blade as per local police training (king Co.)

jbone

"naa naa, you can't get me”

I’m curious to see how “taunting” it defined, as stated in the article.
Is it getting out of the car and saying"naa naa, you can't get me”, or charging and lunging the blade at the Officer?
"naa naa, you can't get me” we have an issue, charging and lunging we saved the tax payer the cost of incarceration.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

If more violent criminals were popped on their 1st or 2nd run, society would be a much better place.

By gun carrying public I agree, by trigger happy LEO I would disagree.

I’m curious to see how “taunting” it defined, as stated in the article.
Is it getting out of the car and saying"naa naa, you can't get me”, or charging and lunging the blade at the Officer?
"naa naa, you can't get me” we have an issue, charging and lunging we saved the tax payer the cost of incarceration.

Yep.

amlevin

If more violent criminals were popped on their 1st or 2nd run, society would be a much better place.

How about a "bar code" tattoo on their forehead after their 2nd major offense. Something that could be scanned by the sighting system of a firearm and then respond both on an LCD screen and audio "AUTHORIZED" when a Law Officer encounters them during the commission of a crime. This would be additional permission to use deadly force on top of the already conditions in place in law.

Trigger Dr

As much as I have to say it...There goes our system (what is left of it) of justice. Just replace with vigilantism.

Metalhead47

How about a "bar code" tattoo on their forehead after their 2nd major offense. Something that could be scanned by the sighting system of a firearm and then respond both on an LCD screen and audio "AUTHORIZED" when a Law Officer encounters them during the commission of a crime. This would be additional permission to use deadly force on top of the already conditions in place in law.

SO how bout 10 or 20 years down the road when Mr 2-time felon has turned his life around, has a wife, kids, & a steady job, and finds himself at the wrong place at the wrong time, having done nothing unlawful, with the heir of Birk or this other fool drawing down on him and getting that "authorization?"

If the perp is still a danger, HE SHOULD BE IN PRISON. If he's no longer a danger, and has done his time, his rights should be restored.

amlevin

SO how bout 10 or 20 years down the road when Mr 2-time felon has turned his life around, has a wife, kids, & a steady job, and finds himself at the wrong place at the wrong time, having done nothing unlawful, with the heir of Birk or this other fool drawing down on him and getting that "authorization?"

If the perp is still a danger, HE SHOULD BE IN PRISON. If he's no longer a danger, and has done his time, his rights should be restored.

The list of people, 2-time felons that turn their lives around, is a real short one. For those that do finally "get it" just have the bar code removed. Knowing it's there and the consequences might well be more deterrent than the threat of just going back to prison.

Trigger Dr's comment may well be what will end up happening in our Society. Has happened before when the "Law" has proven ineffective in protecting the Citizens. Our current system is becoming somewhat of a circus, a word that has it's origin in the Greek word for "Circle". A true circle our justice system has become. Cops arrest and Courts either release or give short sentences so the circle can start again.

Some people are bound to say "enough is enough" and the next time they are targeted to be a victim they'll just handle it without involving the "Circus".