Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Vacation in Texas question

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    40

    Vacation in Texas question

    So I am headed to Texas tomorrow and I have a question, are you required to carry your permit with you while you are armed?

    My permit was held up in the mail, but it has been issued.

  2. #2
    Regular Member pooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh View Post
    So I am headed to Texas tomorrow and I have a question, are you required to carry your permit with you while you are armed?

    My permit was held up in the mail, but it has been issued.
    Generally yes. It can stay concealed in your car without a license. There's also the traveling exception, but you have to be pretty careful. It's very subjective & every county/city has it's own definition of traveling...

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Yes you are. You do Not need a license to "Conseal" inside of your vehicle thow. You do not need a license to carry from your vehicle to your "room" or tempory place of residence.
    We do have a traveling exemption that requires no license, " But telling the cops that is a different story".
    If you dont have your license on you, "Dont chance getting caught carring in public unless your prepaired to argue the Traveling Exemption".
    Good luck and I hope you enjoy your visit.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    40
    Thanks for the clarification, that is what I was thinking. Guess no CC on this trip.

    I will feel kinda naked with out it, I OC everywhere I go.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Kingfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,276
    Please don't admit to criminal activity on an open internet forum.

    You are not being "naughty", you are breaking the law.
    Last edited by Kingfish; 05-11-2011 at 11:47 AM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    Please don't admit to criminal activity on an open internet forum.

    You are not being "naughty", you are breaking the law.
    breaking the "law"
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Kingfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    Please don't admit to criminal activity on an open internet forum.

    You are not being "naughty", you are breaking the law.
    breaking the "law"
    So, just keep it hidden and carry wherever you want permit or no? Gee, I thought we were the "law abiding" ones.

  8. #8
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    So, just keep it hidden and carry wherever you want permit or no? Gee, I thought we were the "law abiding" ones.
    It was law abiding to turn in Jews to the Nazi party in Germany.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  9. #9
    Regular Member pooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh View Post
    I do have a permit, just not with me, it arrived at my house today.
    Has to be on your person

  10. #10
    Regular Member Kingfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    I do have a permit, just not with me, it arrived at my house today.
    Has to be on your person
    Apparently it does not matter what the law is.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Kingfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh View Post
    I do have a permit, just not with me, it arrived at my house today.
    Why did you bother getting a permit if you don't care about obeying the law in the first place?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    It depends on where he is actually. If he's traveling, " in between the two places", he doesnt need a license. Now once he reaches his destination case laws shows he is no longer traveling.
    If he gets arrested for actual travel, then he will be helping us more than anyone could emagine.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    It depends on where he is actually. If he's traveling, " in between the two places", he doesnt need a license. Now once he reaches his destination case laws shows he is no longer traveling.
    If he gets arrested for actual travel, then he will be helping us more than anyone could emagine.
    And this is why I decided to carry, I am doing a lot of traveling, once I arrive at my destination I disarm and go enjoy my time with my wife. I think my earlier posts were misunderstood, so I deleted them. With the places we are going I have felt quite safe due to the amount of LEOs.
    I am quite amazed at the amount of police presence at most of the places we have been, much more than Utah.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh View Post
    And this is why I decided to carry, I am doing a lot of traveling, once I arrive at my destination I disarm and go enjoy my time with my wife. I think my earlier posts were misunderstood, so I deleted them. With the places we are going I have felt quite safe due to the amount of LEOs.
    I am quite amazed at the amount of police presence at most of the places we have been, much more than Utah.
    What you described is not against the law. " Be aware, you could be arrested if the wrong cop catches you", but the end result will be great.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Fisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    45R
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    It was law abiding to turn in Jews to the Nazi party in Germany.
    Yeah, and look what it got those poor people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •