• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vacation in Texas question

Raleigh

So I am headed to Texas tomorrow and I have a question, are you required to carry your permit with you while you are armed?

My permit was held up in the mail, but it has been issued.

pooley

So I am headed to Texas tomorrow and I have a question, are you required to carry your permit with you while you are armed?

My permit was held up in the mail, but it has been issued.

Generally yes. It can stay concealed in your car without a license. There's also the traveling exception, but you have to be pretty careful. It's very subjective & every county/city has it's own definition of traveling...

MR Redenck

Yes you are. You do Not need a license to "Conseal" inside of your vehicle thow. You do not need a license to carry from your vehicle to your "room" or tempory place of residence.
We do have a traveling exemption that requires no license, " But telling the cops that is a different story".
If you dont have your license on you, "Dont chance getting caught carring in public unless your prepaired to argue the Traveling Exemption".
Good luck and I hope you enjoy your visit.

Raleigh

Thanks for the clarification, that is what I was thinking. Guess no CC on this trip.:cry:

I will feel kinda naked with out it, I OC everywhere I go.

Kingfish

Please don't admit to criminal activity on an open internet forum.

You are not being "naughty", you are breaking the law.

Last edited:

MR Redenck

It depends on where he is actually. If he's traveling, " in between the two places", he doesnt need a license. Now once he reaches his destination case laws shows he is no longer traveling.
If he gets arrested for actual travel, then he will be helping us more than anyone could emagine. :cool:

Raleigh

It depends on where he is actually. If he's traveling, " in between the two places", he doesnt need a license. Now once he reaches his destination case laws shows he is no longer traveling.
If he gets arrested for actual travel, then he will be helping us more than anyone could emagine. :cool:

And this is why I decided to carry, I am doing a lot of traveling, once I arrive at my destination I disarm and go enjoy my time with my wife. I think my earlier posts were misunderstood, so I deleted them. With the places we are going I have felt quite safe due to the amount of LEOs.
I am quite amazed at the amount of police presence at most of the places we have been, much more than Utah.

MR Redenck

And this is why I decided to carry, I am doing a lot of traveling, once I arrive at my destination I disarm and go enjoy my time with my wife. I think my earlier posts were misunderstood, so I deleted them. With the places we are going I have felt quite safe due to the amount of LEOs.
I am quite amazed at the amount of police presence at most of the places we have been, much more than Utah.

What you described is not against the law. " Be aware, you could be arrested if the wrong cop catches you", but the end result will be great.