• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hb2756 action needed!!!!!

MR Redenck

The Open Carry Bill, HB 2756, is currently pending in the House Calendar Committee. This bill needs a vote on the House floor by Thursday, May 12th.

Please contact your Representative today and urge them to push for a vote on this important legislation.
(Contact info for all Texas Legislators can be found at Texas Legislature Online: www.capitol.state.tx.us

Please also contact members of the House Calendar Committee and request their support for moving HB 2756 to the floor for a vote:

House Calendar Committee Members:

Todd.Hunter@house.state.tx.us
Dennis.Bonnen@house.state.tx.us
Dan.Branch@house.state.tx.us
Garnet.Coleman@house.state.tx.us
Byron.Cook@house.state.tx.us
Charlie.Geren@house.state.tx.us
James.Keffer@house.state.tx.us
Tracy.King@house.state.tx.us
Lois.Kolkhorst@house.state.tx.us
Eddie.Lucio@house.state.tx.us
Allan.Ritter@house.state.tx.us
Eddie.Rodriguez@house.state.tx.us
Burt.Solomons@house.state.tx.us
Vicki.Truitt@house.state.tx.us
John.Zerwas@house.state.tx.us

Allowing licensed handgun owners the option to open carry in Texas will bring us closer to our constitutional rights under the Second Amendment. 43 states allow open carry in some form.

Over 70,000 Texans have signed a petition asking for the right to Open Carry. I believe Texans should be allowed to exercise their Second Amendment rights and provide for their personal safety. HB 2756 accomplishes both of these important goals.

Thank you for your consideration-

rushcreek2

The Legislature, AND THE CALENDERS COMMITTEE IS VERY , VERY BUZY.

Make the e-mail brief , and direct. Don't waste your time contacting Democrats unless you know something everyone else doesn't. Rather than waste you time e-mailing a Democrat - send TWO e-mails to the Chairman Todd Hunter.

HB 2756 would repeal the unconstitutional Section 46.035(a) provision applied to Texas CHL holders.

The right to bear arms openly in Texas in lawful defense is guaranteed under the Second Amendment , and Article 1, Section 23 of the Texas Constitution.

It is imperative that the Legislature fast-track HB 2756 in order to avoid unnecessary, and costly civil rights litigation which will be coming down the pike if this bill is not enacted during this session.

I would hope that Governor Perry will call an emergency extended session. I don;t see how the Legislature is going to do its job otherwise. If these legislators can't handle an emergency extention - they should not run for re-election.

Texas is too BIG a State to have a Legislature that only meets every other year , and gets nothing done, plays games rather than addressing urgent business. ENOUGH !!! That's why the statutes in Texas are so screwed up, and LEO's have to basically do the job of the Legislature, and the courts by selectively enforcing the penal code.

If the Legislature can't get the laws back into conformity with the Texas Constitution the people will undertake the task by declaring the unconstitutional laws VOID.

Last edited:

jecsd1

Send them ALL a message.

I e-mailed the entire committee from my personal AND work account. Lets go folks! Get on it. If this doesn't come up for a vote it won't be because Rep Lavender wasn't pushing it. It will be because Texans didn't do their parts.

Go Go Go

Cowboy_Rick

Thursday is the DEADLINE-the time is very short, ACTION is needed NOW. The Campus Carry has passed, the Parking Lot Bill has passed, now it is our time, lets get ahold of everyone that we know or have access to and get this completed! Time is very short, just DAYS!

Last edited:

Fisherman

Tuesday is the DEADLINE-the time is very short, ACTION is needed NOW. The Campus Carry has passed, the Parking Lot Bill has passed, now it is our time, lets get ahold of everyone that we know or have access to and get this completed! Time is very short, just DAYS!

Thursday is the deadline.

MR Redenck

Certain individuals are trying to kill HB2756 in Calendars Committee.
Call the Committee office and let them know you want this bill on the House Floor!
512-463-0758

Cowboy_Rick

Thursday is the deadline.
Correct-called the Calendar Committee today! They stated to call Lavendar to find out why it has stalled-smells like too many Democrats-but do all of the contacting that you possibly can to get this to the floor for a VOTE!!

Last edited:

MR Redenck

Pick up the phones yall.
Todd Hunter is Chairman Of Calendars Committee.
Make sure he knows HB2756 needs to be on the House FLoor, not in his Committee.

Visit Home Page on Texas House of Representatives Website District: 32 Capitol Office: EXT E2.808 Capitol Address: P.O. Box 2910
Austin, TX 78768 Capitol Phone: (512) 463-0672 District Address: 15217 S.P.I. Drive, #205
Corpus Christi, TX 78418 District Phone: (361) 949-4603