• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Going to hearings? What do to?

M

McX

this is the historic moment. this is history, and were a part of it. thank you all who can go to the hearings. thank us all for what we have done big and small to get to this historic moment. it is an honor to know each and every one of you. speak the truth, be determined. judging from the forum numbers we have attention. and from the polls we rule the day.

a proud moment, though probably not deserved; my 3rd oldest came home and mentioned they spoke of Concealed Carry coming to pass in their class today, and he turned to me and said; That's because of you huh?

protias

We have a 50/50 chance on this, let's work steadily on this and we can win!

Exactly!

this is the historic moment. this is history, and were a part of it. thank you all who can go to the hearings. thank us all for what we have done big and small to get to this historic moment. it is an honor to know each and every one of you. speak the truth, be determined. judging from the forum numbers we have attention. and from the polls we rule the day.

a proud moment, though probably not deserved; my 3rd oldest came home and mentioned they spoke of Concealed Carry coming to pass in their class today, and he turned to me and said; That's because of you huh?

We could be the first to go Constitutional Carry from almost nothing, through the legislature. Let's make history!

McX, it is makes you proud to be a father eh? :)

phred

I just got off the phone with Leroy Jonas, Sen.Galloway's aide. He called in response to an email with questions about the Wausau hearing.

Due to the large number of people expected to speak, comments will be limited to 2 minutes. A speaker should have 5 copies of his/her comments for the committee. That way, if the 2 minutes runs out, they still have a written version of your comments.

phred

phred -- when are you going to be there?

I have heard/seen three different start times, but Sen Galloway's aide said start at noon and go until 6:00 PM. So, I am planning on being there right around noon and staying as long as I can, hopefully until 6 PM. Then I will head down to Gander Mt for the NRA thingy at 6:30 (until 9:00 PM) Me thinks it will be a long day!

paul@paul-fisher.com

I have heard/seen three different start times, but Sen Galloway's aide said start at noon and go until 6:00 PM. So, I am planning on being there right around noon and staying as long as I can, hopefully until 6 PM. Then I will head down to Gander Mt for the NRA thingy at 6:30 (until 9:00 PM) Me thinks it will be a long day!

I would try to get there a little early. If it is anything like the budget hearings, they started taking names a couple hours ahead of time and then called you in order.

HandyHamlet

WCI email

IF YOU ARE GOING TO MADISON TOMORROW, The Madison hearing is ONLY hearing the "shall-issue" permit bill. WHEN YOU SIGN IN at the hearing you have to sign in "in favor" of the bill or "against". Wisconsin Carry along with our friends over at the massive Wisconsin Tea Party Coalition are asking our members to all WRITE IN a 3rd option and sign in, "in support of CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY."

This way they cannot tabulate people attending for constitutional carry in support of "shall-issue" nor could they tabulate people attending for constitutional carry as against concealed carry.

:dude:

apierce918

Wausau Hearing Schedule Change

I couldnt find what the original time was, but thought i would give a heads up, just received this notification if heading to Wausau. Mainly they are just looking at the actual senate bills, but Time may have changed

Proposal: SB-90 (11-2027)
Bill History: http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2011/data/SB90hst.html
Relating to: carrying a concealed weapon; licenses authorizing persons to carry concealed weapons; p...
A public hearing scheduled by Committee on Judiciary, Utilities, Commerce, and Government Operations in the Senate was changed. Date/time: May 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Location: UW-Marathon County, Room 215 - Center for Civic Engagement, 625 Stewart Avenue, Wausau, WI 54401. Items: Senate Bill 90 was added to the list of items to be heard.
A public hearing scheduled by Committee on Judiciary, Utilities, Commerce, and Government Operations in the Senate was changed. Date/time: May 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Location: UW-Marathon County, Room 215 - Center for Civic Engagement, 625 Stewart Avenue, Wausau, WI 54401. Items: LRB 2027/1 was removed from the list of items to be heard.

Proposal: SB-93 (11-2007)
Bill History: http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2011/data/SB93hst.html
Relating to: going armed with weapons, possessing or transporting a firearm, bow, or crossbow under ...

A public hearing scheduled by Committee on Judiciary, Utilities, Commerce, and Government Operations in the Senate was changed. Date/time: May 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Location: UW-Marathon County, Room 215 - Center for Civic Engagement, 625 Stewart Avenue, Wausau, WI 54401. Items: Senate Bill 93 was added to the list of items to be heard.
A public hearing scheduled by Committee on Judiciary, Utilities, Commerce, and Government Operations in the Senate was changed. Date/time: May 12, 2011 at 12:00 PM. Location: UW-Marathon County, Room 215 - Center for Civic Engagement, 625 Stewart Avenue, Wausau, WI 54401. Items: LRB 2007/1 was removed from the list of items to be heard.

rcav8r

Fwiw, the clerk here in Madison just announced that writing in in favor of cons. Carry can't be recorded. You must check one Of the for or against boxes.
Write it in anyway, check the favor box

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Would be nice if this was streamed live..so I could watch

Just called Wisconsin Eye...the hearing will be video taped & then uploaded to the Wisc eye website by late Friday

Last edited: