• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If we are forced to settle for permit carry, fire them all

bigdaddy1

Get ready for another round of get the hell out. I am sick of politicians thinking they can dictate how I live. If they want to say how I live my life the better be footing the bill.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Turning up the heat....

My latest email to my freshman Representative about the lack of a Constitutional Carry bill in the Assembly with some copy and paste courtesy of Nik C..
Dear Representative Loudenbeck,
As you know, Senator Pam Galloway (R, Senate Dist. 29), has introduced a Constitutional Carry bill, LRB-11-2007 for consideration. This is a very good bill that achieves Constitutional Carry---the right of law-abiding citizens to carry a firearm in Wisconsin, open or concealed, WITHOUT A PERMIT OF ANY KIND---
and one that many citizens of Wisconsin support. (See the JSOnline poll, "Do you support Constitutional Carry?" at http://www.jsonline.com/polls/121491889.html ).

I have just received word that Rep. Dean Knudson (R, 30th Assembly District) has a comparable Constitutional Carry bill all ready to go, but that the Republican leadership in the person of Speaker Fitzgerald won't allow him to introduce it. Gun owners expect the Republican majority that they helped to elect to support them by introducing Constitutional Carry in the Assembly JUST like the Senate did.

After the budget bill struggle, we are a divided state. Most Republicans sit at around 50% support. (note how close the supreme court election was) In MANY MANY districts, after the budget struggle, many assemblymen and senators who were elected with a comfortable majority have lost a lot of that support. GUN OWNERS ARE THE NEW SWING VOTE. A few hundred gun-owners in a district who are displeased with their assemblymen or senators SELLING OUT their rights in favor of the out-dated permit systems that other states are doing away with, could TIP the next election. Republicans NEED the support of gun owners if they want to be re-elected or survive recall elections. Please urge the Assembly leadership to allow
Rep. Dean Knudson to introduce his Constitutional Carry bill. It is important on many levels.

Thank you for your attention in this matter,

Wolf1477

Dear Representative Loudenbeck,
As you know, Senator Pam Galloway (R, Senate Dist. 29), has introduced a Constitutional Carry bill, LRB-11-2007 for consideration. This is a very good bill that achieves Constitutional Carry---the right of law-abiding citizens to carry a firearm in Wisconsin, open or concealed, WITHOUT A PERMIT OF ANY KIND--- and one that many citizens of Wisconsin support. (See the JSOnline poll, "Do you support Constitutional Carry?" at http://www.jsonline.com/polls/121491889.html ).

I have just received word that Rep. Dean Knudson (R, 30th Assembly District) has a comparable Constitutional Carry bill all ready to go, but that the Republican leadership in the person of Speaker Fitzgerald won't allow him to introduce it. Gun owners expect the Republican majority that they helped to elect to support them by introducing Constitutional Carry in the Assembly JUST like the Senate did.

After the budget bill struggle, we are a divided state. Most Republicans sit at around 50% support. (note how close the supreme court election was) In MANY MANY districts, after the budget struggle, many assemblymen and senators who were elected with a comfortable majority have lost a lot of that support. GUN OWNERS ARE THE NEW SWING VOTE. A few hundred gun-owners in a district who are displeased with their assemblymen or senators SELLING OUT their rights in favor of the out-dated permit systems that other states are doing away with, could TIP the next election. Republicans NEED the support of gun owners if they want to be re-elected or survive recall elections. Please urge the Assembly leadership to allow Rep. Dean Knudson to introduce his Constitutional Carry bill. It is important on many levels.

Thank you for your attention in this matter,

Very nice! I like it.