• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

His name is Obama.

Gunslinger

I agree. We should always respect the process and the office or anyone else for that matter. I guess it was just the way I was raised. It costs nothing to show a little respect and it raises us above those who don't.

How much respect would you have shown the "legally elected and appointed" by parlimentary process Chancellor of Germany, Mr. Hitler? You stand against the politics and policies of "the man," not the office. And derrogatory reference is intended against "the man," not the office. Keeping your pinkie pointed while you hold a cup of tea and winning a bar fight are two different situations. "The man" is destroying our country, duly elected...just like Hitler, or not. And for the intellectually challenged in this thread, I am not comparing him to Hitler in any way except the consequences for this country of his actions.

jbone

SNIP... I am not comparing him to Hitler in any way except the consequences for this country of his actions.

You're right! It's fair to allow the comparison when the destruction of nations is involved.
Hitler used murder; BHO uses deception, both sought and seek the extinguishment of one for another. The method may differ but the desired outcome is the same; globalization, and the desire to be the head honcho. He is transforming our country, and he told the nation he would on TV. This is a radical social movement with global players of power and prestige we’ve yet to be introduced too. Give him your vote in 2012 and you give him continued transformation, a transformation that offers little hope and an abundance of change, plain and simple!

KYKevin

How much respect would you have shown the "legally elected and appointed" by parlimentary process Chancellor of Germany, Mr. Hitler? You stand against the politics and policies of "the man," not the office. And derrogatory reference is intended against "the man," not the office. Keeping your pinkie pointed while you hold a cup of tea and winning a bar fight are two different situations. "The man" is destroying our country, duly elected...just like Hitler, or not. And for the intellectually challenged in this thread, I am not comparing him to Hitler in any way except the consequences for this country of his actions.

Isn't this kind of like a what if? I mean hind sight is 20/20. We already know the outcome. Back then we would have not. What if's and unicorns are not real. The entire world had no idea what he was gonna do. So I doubt I would beable to say what I would do. Too many varibles.

As far as destroying this country goes I guess I am glad I am in a republican state like Kentucky. I still have my guns and can go buy new ones if I want. No one has herded me into a concentration camp and I have not seem any race or group of religious people lined up shot and tossed into mass graves.

My health care has not changed. My taxes are no worse than they were when bush was in office. I still have an income. But who knows. Jobs come and go regardless who is in office.

Only part of my country that is being destroyed is by flooding and I if obama is doing that we are all screwed.I find it hard to blame one person for anything that goes wrong or right in this country. I am sure both republicans and democrats have help in the passage of a lot of stuff up there. After all that is how it works. They wheel and deal and we suffer or benefit.

As far as name calling goes I guess I just grew out of that a long time ago. I'm 50. I got better things to do than call people names. I refuse to be bitter. It only hurts me. And at my age I don't need to stress over the things I can't change. I'll worry about the ones I can change and work towards that in 2012.

Don't get me wrong. I am not a supporter of him. I did not vote for em and I don't plan on it in 2012 either. But just remember this he does not have absolute power in Washington. There are others there too that help make laws and polices. I blame them for making the wrong ones and if any I voted for help suport any of those laws I blame myself as well. after all I am not without sin either. In fact I have not yet met a single person in this country who is not responsible for things that have gone wrong up there in Washington.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Isn't this kind of like a what if? I mean hind sight is 20/20. We already know the outcome. Back then we would have not. What if's and unicorns are not real. The entire world had no idea what he was gonna do. So I doubt I would beable to say what I would do. Too many varibles.

As far as destroying this country goes I guess I am glad I am in a republican state like Kentucky. I still have my guns and can go buy new ones if I want. No one has herded me into a concentration camp and I have not seem any race or group of religious people lined up shot and tossed into mass graves.

My health care has not changed. My taxes are no worse than they were when bush was in office. I still have an income. But who knows. Jobs come and go regardless who is in office.

Only part of my country that is being destroyed is by flooding and I if obama is doing that we are all screwed.I find it hard to blame one person for anything that goes wrong or right in this country. I am sure both republicans and democrats have help in the passage of a lot of stuff up there. After all that is how it works. They wheel and deal and we suffer or benefit.

As far as name calling goes I guess I just grew out of that a long time ago. I'm 50. I got better things to do than call people names. I refuse to be bitter. It only hurts me. And at my age I don't need to stress over the things I can't change. I'll worry about the ones I can change and work towards that in 2012.

Don't get me wrong. I am not a supporter of him. I did not vote for em and I don't plan on it in 2012 either. But just remember this he does not have absolute power in Washington. There are others there too that help make laws and polices. I blame them for making the wrong ones and if any I voted for help suport any of those laws I blame myself as well. after all I am not without sin either. In fact I have not yet met a single person in this country who is not responsible for things that have gone wrong up there in Washington.

I like your post.

I am voting for President Obama in 2012. With a big grin on my face as I hit the "Obama" button (or whatever form of voting will be present when I vote).

People are irrationally fearful. I have tried to identify what it could be, but I suppose it's just political bickering. President Obama is going to win in 2012. Most of the hopefuls on the 'right' seem like they might just sit back and wait until 2016. Hopefully Hillary will run in 2016.

As for my firearm 'rights', they will continue to loosen in the coming years.

zack991

If the shoe fits, I could careless what people call him or past Presidents. Its call freedom of speech for a reason, either ignore the comments or join in.

eye95

I would have actively and rationally worked against the Nazis in Germany before they came to power. Once it became obvious that they were murderously oppressive, I'd've either had to join a movement trying to remove them by force or leave the country. I don't know if I have the stuff necessary to join a "resistance." I am glad that I have never been in a position to have to make the choice.

I just know that I wouldn't have been so immature as to make fun of his name. That would make me look like the idiot, not him.

eye95

If the shoe fits, I could careless what people call him or past Presidents. Its call freedom of speech for a reason, either ignore the comments or join in.

Or try to explain to folks that calling the president names is detrimental to the cause of convincing other folks that his policies and practices are wrong.

Gunslinger

I like your post.

I am voting for President Obama in 2012. As for my firearm 'rights', they will continue to loosen in the coming years.

So you'll vote for someone who will expedite that process. You do indeed have a screw loose. And I doubt you know which end of the gun a bullet comes out. Most trolls on gun forums--where they stand out like a corpse at a wedding, don't.

KYKevin

So you'll vote for someone who will expedite that process. You do indeed have a screw loose. And I doubt you know which end of the gun a bullet comes out. Most trolls on gun forums--where they stand out like a corpse at a wedding, don't.

Let me ask you this. Say Obama wins in 2012. What are you gonna do? The same as the rest of us. Wait for 2016 and hope a republican wins. I would like to see a republican win in 2012. But looking at the field I would not get our hopes up. I got more important things to worry about any way. I hear the rapture is May 21, 2011. Since I know I'll be stuck here (and I am a minister) I am going down this week to get my zombie hunting permit, clean my weapons some more, and pick up some more ammo. I hear they are rasing the limit this year. :)

I don't see Beretta92FSLady as a troll. Just another member here expressing an opinion and I respect that and I respect that she has the right to vote for whoever she wants. Just cause someone not a republican or does not have the same views on here does not a troll make. I know democrats that oc and I am willing to bet there are a lot more on here than we think. OC is a Constitutional issue not a party issue no matter how hard some people try to make it one.

As far as her knowing which end of the gun a bullet comes out. Well I don't want to be the fool to stand in front of her to find out. :)

Last edited:

Gunslinger

Let me ask you this. Say Obama wins in 2012. What are you gonna do? The same as the rest of us. Wait for 2016 and hope a republican wins. I would like to see a republican win in 2012. But looking at the field I would not get our hopes up. I got more important things to worry about any way. I hear the rapture is May 21, 2011. Since I know I'll be stuck here (and I am a minister) I am going down this week to get my zombie hunting permit, clean my weapons some more, and pick up some more ammo. I hear they are rasing the limit this year. :)

I don't see Beretta92FSLady as a troll. Just another member here expressing an opinion and I respect that and I respect that she has the right to vote for whoever she wants. Just cause someone not a republican or does not have the same views on here does not a troll make. I know democrats that oc and I am willing to bet there are a lot more on here than we think. OC is a Constitutional issue not a party issue no matter how hard some people try to make it one.

As far as her knowing which end of the gun a bullet comes out. Well I don't want to be the fool to stand in front of her to find out. :)

I don't question her "right" to say anything. I even agree with her sometimes and find her amusing at others. My point is her being totally out of synch with a forum that is pro-gun, pro-2nd Amendment and anti those who pose a danger. Obama's record speaks for itself. He was one of the most anti-gun Senators when he served there. He was a typical Chicago ward heeler flunkie for Daley when he was in IL politics. He appointed a rabidly anti-freedom Attorney General--unless you're a Black Panther, of course. If she is fine with "loosening" of her freedoms, that's fine too.
As much as eye stands out as a police apologist, imo, his support of 2A rights can't be argued. Hers can. It isn't a Repub/Dem issue. It is a constitutional issue. Her opinions are typical of a troll at times, not always, but often--given the sense and purpose of this forum. Nothing personal, as I said I often enjoy her posts. But WRT Obama, logic, consensus and reality all are against her.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Not based on history or pattern of appointments: holder, the two clowns on the SC, Federal Judges, the Arkansas Sow, etc.

I have stated this before - the question is what does He 'wants' to do, but most importantly, what is it He 'can' do? He can 'want' to do a number of things, but whether He 'can' is a whole other monster. I think that He 'can't', so I am not too concerned about it.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am going to give this the full measure of consideration that I think it deserves.

Thank you for your attention.

Dreamer

I loathe everything that this man stands for, but his name is Obama, and it is juvenile to call him anything else.

Unless you are looking at his adoption records or school transcripts from when he lived as a child in Indonesia, then his name is "Barry Soetoro".

And from what we know, he never filed for a legal name change after that, but rather just "decided" to revert to his birth name.

Just sayin'...

Beretta92FSLady

Unless you are looking at his adoption records or school transcripts from when he lived as a child in Indonesia, then his name is "Barry Soetoro".

And from what we know, he never filed for a legal name change after that, but rather just "decided" to revert to his birth name.

Just sayin'...

Ok. Link us up. Who was he adopted by? Was the last name the last name of the man his mother had been with, and had a child with? I am not that old, but when I was younger it was a common thing to go by your step-fathers last name, say, when going to school. My last name changed to my step-fathers last name between the age of 5-8, then back to the last name on my BC.

And let's say he did live in Indonesia, and attend school for some time, is that important? Does it exclude him from holding the office of President?

Last edited:

KYKevin

I am going to give this the full measure of consideration that I think it deserves.

Thank you for your attention.

lol Considering all the people who post on these forums who did not bother or take time to post. You gave it more attention and consideration than most did.

Thank you for taking part. :)

LOL I am just funning ya Grapeshot. I always love it when you make that post.

Dreamer

Ok. Link us up. Who was he adopted by? Was the last name the last name of the man his mother had been with, and had a child with? I am not that old, but when I was younger it was a common thing to go by your step-fathers last name, say, when going to school. My last name changed to my step-fathers last name between the age of 5-8, then back to the last name on my BC.

His mother Ann Dunham, divorced Obama's birth father sometime around 1963-4.

Ann then moved to Indonesia sometime between 1966 and 1967, and married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen. Young Barack was officially adopted by Lolo, and has records in the Indonesian school system with his name listed as "Soetoro".

In Obama's 2006 book "The Audacity of Hope" he discusses living and attending school in Indonesia from 1967-1971. Obama living in and attending school in Indonesia as a child is NOT up for debate--it is a well-established fact that he admits to himself in his books.

If you don't even know that part, then I see little point in even discussing ANY issues regarding current US politics with you, to be honest. You REALLY need to get out more...

And let's say he did live in Indonesia, and attend school for some time, is that important? Does it exclude him from holding the office of President?

Depends on whether or not he renewed his Indonesian Passport before he entered Occidental college, in order to secure "foreign student scholarships". If he did, that would mean he renounced his US citizenship, because at that time, the US and Indonesia did not have a "dual citizenship" agreement...

But we'll probably never know, because he has spent nearly $1million to defend against lawsuits to get the records of his past, and has finagled court orders to seal most of his records...

Last edited:

KYKevin

His mother Ann Dunham, divorced Obama's birth father sometime around 1963-4.

Ann then moved to Indonesia sometime between 1966 and 1967, and married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian citizen. Young Barack was officially adopted by Lolo, and has records in the Indonesian school system with his name listed as "Soetoro".

In Obama's 2006 book "The Audacity of Hope" he discusses living and attending school in Indonesia from 1967-1971. Obama living in and attending school in Indonesia as a child is NOT up for debate--it is a well-established fact that he admits to himself in his books.

If you don't even know that part, then I see little point in even discussing ANY issues regarding current US politics with you, to be honest. You REALLY need to get out more...

Depends on whether or not he renewed his Indonesian Passport before he entered Occidental college, in order to secure "foreign student scholarships". If he did, that would mean he renounced his US citizenship, because at that time, the US and Indonesia did not have a "dual citizenship" agreement...

But we'll probably never know, because he has spent nearly $1million to defend against lawsuits to get the records of his past, and has finagled court orders to seal most of his records...

I am not taking sides on this issue but I gotta ask. Did he do the following as required by law?

A person wishing to renounce his or her U.S. citizenship must voluntarily and with intent to relinquish U.S. citizenship:

1. appear in person before a U.S. consular or diplomatic officer,
2. in a foreign country (normally at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate); and
3. sign an oath of renunciation

Renunciations that do not meet the conditions described above have no legal effect. Because of the provisions of section 349(a)(5), Americans cannot effectively renounce their citizenship by mail, through an agent, or while in the United States. In fact, U.S. courts have held certain attempts to renounce U.S. citizenship to be ineffective on a variety of grounds, as discussed below.

There is also this:

F. RENUNCIATION FOR MINOR CHILDREN

Parents cannot renounce U.S. citizenship on behalf of their minor children. Before an oath of renunciation will be administered under Section 349(a)(5) of the INA, a person under the age of eighteen must convince a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer that he/she fully understands the nature and consequences of the oath of renunciation, is not subject to duress or undue influence, and is voluntarily seeking to renounce his/her U.S. citizenship.

For the entire text you can go too:

http://travel.state.gov/law/citizenship/citizenship_776.html

I guess from what I understand it is extremely hard for an american to give up citizenship. If it can be proven I'll go with it. Otherwise I am not going to worry about it too much. Can't magically undo everything he has done while in office. He was sworn in and no one stopped em from taking office over the issue. Not much I can do or say will have any effect. Too be honest I am more worried about the other idiots up there in washington that we do know are citizens.

Last edited: