• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 234 has made me go on a shopping spree

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Folks,

Whether it passed or not is irrelevant: the mere act of following the legislature has made me go on a gun-buying spree. I don't know if I just have to blame it on something to justify my spending, but in the last couple of months, I've gotten: a Mossberg shotgun, a Remington shotgun, two Ruger .357s (a Police Service Six and an SP 101), a Sig Sauer .380, and a .44 magnum with the super long barrel (629). After the bill was entirely emasculated, I got a Kimber Ultra CLP, and I loved it so much that I ended up with a Kimber Custom II.

I haven't gotten these many guns in such a short time in a while, and I haven't gone to the range on a daily basis for a very long time. Oh, and of course I got a few open carry bolsters that are now useless. Has anybody else increased his/her gun shopping/range visits during the last few months?

77zach

Wasted $60 bucks on a nice bianchi leather holster. It smells so good!

Intellectually, I knew what an unfree state/country/time I was in, but this whole business really depressed me. The fact that a handful of evil/stupid people think they're above the moral law and can tell everyone what to do, and the fact that there are armies of uniformed people in their employ who will do whatever they're told really depresses me. What really depresses me the most is that most people are ok with this.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Wasted a day on my life making my own leather retention holster for OC. But, I guess it's still pretty, ok for home, and will serve me well when I move/travel to a free state. Also bought a beretta m1934, but mostly for CC/back-up gun to conceal while OCing, and just because I've loved them for awhile and it was the first time I found one for a good price.

j4l

Picked up an OC holster back before all this-but in anticipation of OC here, when I bought my .45
Attempting to conceal a full-size/hi-cap .45 is rather pointless w/my height build-and I hate IWB rigs,soo...

Dont consider it a waste,by any means though, as I OC 24/7 around the home anyway.
And, since I work from home (IT support),Im here 98% of my time anyway.
CC is just for when I go out somewhere, or the store or whatever...

FzSBLACKMAGICK

Campaign Veteran
Yea, had bought an OC holster in anticipation of OC making it here. Not a total waste, I can use it to attend fishing events here and eventually when I move to a state with a better understanding of the second amendment.

crashnjax

Folks,

Whether it passed or not is irrelevant: the mere act of following the legislature has made me go on a gun-buying spree. I don't know if I just have to blame it on something to justify my spending, but in the last couple of months, I've gotten: a Mossberg shotgun, a Remington shotgun, two Ruger .357s (a Police Service Six and an SP 101), a Sig Sauer .380, and a .44 magnum with the super long barrel (629). After the bill was entirely emasculated, I got a Kimber Ultra CLP, and I loved it so much that I ended up with a Kimber Custom II.

I haven't gotten these many guns in such a short time in a while, and I haven't gone to the range on a daily basis for a very long time. Oh, and of course I got a few open carry bolsters that are now useless. Has anybody else increased his/her gun shopping/range visits during the last few months?

good morning jojo. if you lived in jax i have a friend who runs North Florida Firearms Training center in which he allows me to use his range any time i want. maybe you should make a trip up here and go shooting with me. an option. :monkey:banana::dude:

crashnjax

Picked up an OC holster back before all this-but in anticipation of OC here, when I bought my .45
Attempting to conceal a full-size/hi-cap .45 is rather pointless w/my height build-and I hate IWB rigs,soo...

Dont consider it a waste,by any means though, as I OC 24/7 around the home anyway.
And, since I work from home (IT support),Im here 98% of my time anyway.
CC is just for when I go out somewhere, or the store or whatever...

i carry a full size Glock G21SF concealed and open. in fact i actually used a thigh rig to carry my g21 going to the range last monday to shoot my custom reloads i made for my glock. needless to say nassau didnt say nothing to me when i passed their patrol car on my motorcycle. i wonder what that means. yes i know that was dumb but it was nice to get away with something for a change. any way good morning j4l. :monkey:banana::dude:

77zach

in fact i actually used a thigh rig to carry my g21 going to the range last monday to shoot my custom reloads i made for my glock. needless to say nassau didnt say nothing to me when i passed their patrol car on my motorcycle. i wonder what that means.

It means they didn't see it. Yes, it's technically legal, but very bold of you, well done. I wonder if it would be counterproductive for many people to meet somewhere and walk to a range OCing.

firedog

I guess I'll be getting the Glock 26 I've been watching. Easier to conceal then the 17.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
I guess I'll be getting the Glock 26 I've been watching. Easier to conceal then the 17.

I'm not a Glock man myself, but the 26 and the 34 are the smoothest-shooting and most perfectly on the money pistols that you will ever find. I own both and can't let them go. Get the little extender clip for the 26 and you will never regret buying that little beauty.

You will never miss.

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
good morning jojo. if you lived in jax i have a friend who runs North Florida Firearms Training center in which he allows me to use his range any time i want. maybe you should make a trip up here and go shooting with me. an option. :monkey:banana::dude:

Given how much gravely your area needs to be redeemed from its current senator (small 's'), and replaced by a Senator who shares our values, a trip to Jax county is definitely not out of the question. We need to meet; our wives need to meet; and we need to let some lead out at the range. Summer's here and a nice little weekend trip in the convertible is definitely in order.

j4l

Bring it. Need to get the unit together for a sit down anyway

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
i bought a ppk to conceal when dressed for business since we just got screwed.

And I was planning to unload my little blue Colt Mustang at the next gun show. So much for that idea: if we don't get OC, I figure I'll die with the thing. Great little gun, but compare a .380 to a .45 for daily carry.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
As useless as it is, I like my Kel Tec P-3AT.

While it's better than nothing, nothing is all it is better than. I'd rather be OCing my 1911...

77zach

I pretty much never carry since coming back to marion county. But as a sort of protest to the death of SB 234 I started carrying a full size springfield in an OWB holster, the printing is ridiculous-anyone can tell what it is. So far no comments, but a few looks.