• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 234 has made me go on a shopping spree

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I pretty much never carry since coming back to marion county. But as a sort of protest to the death of SB 234 I started carrying a full size springfield in an OWB holster, the printing is ridiculous-anyone can tell what it is. So far no comments, but a few looks.

I thought about doing that with my 1911... But I'm already a marked man as it is... :p

~*'Phoenix'*~

I pretty much never carry since coming back to marion county. But as a sort of protest to the death of SB 234 I started carrying a full size springfield in an OWB holster, the printing is ridiculous-anyone can tell what it is. So far no comments, but a few looks.
Yeah, I've been carrying the 92fs in a belt-clip holster and an extra-long, tight t-shirt. Haven't gotten noticed yet.
If I can't show it, I can at least let people know it's there...

77zach

Yeah, I've been carrying the 92fs in a belt-clip holster and an extra-long, tight t-shirt. Haven't gotten noticed yet.
If I can't show it, I can at least let people know it's there...

Yeah, the reason it's "funny" is because of the psychology of the thing, at least from my point of view. If a person intentionally OCs then they have nothing to hide. If everyone knows your concealing a weapon, they may think you're trying to hide your sinister intent. It's exposing the stupidity of our lawmakers. "Printing" is "scarier" than OC to my mind.

Also, I've always carried IWB- but this is so comfortable, I'm not going back.

ADulay

i carry a full size Glock G21SF concealed and open. in fact i actually used a thigh rig to carry my g21 going to the range last monday to shoot my custom reloads i made for my glock. needless to say nassau didnt say nothing to me when i passed their patrol car on my motorcycle.

Hey! Another motorcycle guy who open carries on the run to and from the intended objective.

In my case, I've been open carrying on the motorcycle for my mostly daily fishing trips now. And as I'm generally heading to or coming from a fishing spot all day long, I'm open carrying a LOT these days. In fact, every day this month so far.

I kind of got used to it on the Open Carry Saturdays I've attended and now I just do it as a matter of course.

Haven't had any problems with it and everyone I've talked too on the fishing piers is "amazed" that we can do this!

Only had one local PD car follow me all the way through town but nothing more became of it.

I'm headed out to the El Jobean fishing pier shortly.

As it's one of the few things actually GRANTED by Florida Statutes, I'd really hate to let an opportunity like this pass now.

AD

77zach

Hey! Another motorcycle guy who open carries on the run to and from the intended objective.

In my case, I've been open carrying on the motorcycle for my mostly daily fishing trips now. And as I'm generally heading to or coming from a fishing spot all day long, I'm open carrying a LOT these days. In fact, every day this month so far.

I kind of got used to it on the Open Carry Saturdays I've attended and now I just do it as a matter of course.

Haven't had any problems with it and everyone I've talked too on the fishing piers is "amazed" that we can do this!

Only had one local PD car follow me all the way through town but nothing more became of it.

I'm headed out to the El Jobean fishing pier shortly.

As it's one of the few things actually GRANTED by Florida Statutes, I'd really hate to let an opportunity like this pass now.

AD

Talked to another LEO today. He said he would prefer to know who is armed. Was disappointed it didn't pass so it would seem more acceptable if he did it off duty.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Talked to another LEO today. He said he would prefer to know who is armed. Was disappointed it didn't pass so it would seem more acceptable if he did it off duty.

Someone needs to let these awfful senators know that CCers, Citizens in general, and COPS mostly want OC legal. I had a friend who was neutral/curious but scared of guns, got her out to the range once, and had her approving of ownership and CC/OC before the end of the day... "Why does it matter whether it's hidden or not if you've gotten licensed and background checked by the state?" She essentially said.

j4l

Common sense? ....will of the people? Those things havent existed very often in Gov't at any level in some time...