• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fourth marijuana conviction gets Slidell man life in prison

sharkey

Thanks, but I already looked it up.

I don't understand why some consider copyright infrigement malum prohibitum but that's a whole different thread.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Thanks, but I already looked it up.

I figured you might have. What decided me was that others might not know.

I noticed something a long time ago. Any given thread might have only 3-5 participants, but there will be hundreds of views. Lots more people look in and read than actually post.

sharkey

+1 SVG. Im against prosecuting ANY marijuana "crime", in part BECAUSE of outrageous charges like this one. It would make me happy if the citizens got together, and overtook the prison by force just to let this guy out.

I actually pictured forcing a pardon signed like the magna carta but duress contracts are void these days. :lol:

I am seriously considering a petition to the govenor for clemency or commutation of sentence.

CO-Joe

judgedredd.jpg

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I actually pictured forcing a pardon signed like the magna carta but duress contracts are void these days.

s'OK. John didn't exactly come over all agreeable to Magna Carta, neither. Check out what happened after Runnymeade.

Besides, one doesn't really expect government to treat such as a contract. Contracts require consent. As Patrick Henry remarked, when has a government ever willingly given up some of its powers? Government will not consent, thus, there is no point in expecting consent.

MR Redenck

For every drug conviction, harsh judgment needs to apply!
Kill ALL the CARTELS, problem solved!
Now go by a 6 pack and sit in the back yard, nobody will care.

stainless1911

Banned
A 6 pack preferred over a dime bag is consent to a violent alcoholic society over a peaceful one.

The idea to kill a cartel is silly at best, there is a long line of nice folks willing to fill in the blanks. If you want to stop them, you de fund them. You de fund them by enacting the will of the people and re legalizing marijuana.

It isnt a matter of if, its a matter of when.

Resistance is futile. Muahahahaha

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP If you want to stop [cartels], you de fund them. You de fund them by enacting the will of the people and re legalizing marijuana.

+1

What gets left out of the debate too often is that criminalization is what makes it profitable for drug dealers.

The last thing the cartels will want is legalization. If legal, every user could grow his own. Suddenly, the cartels would lose their market.

MR Redenck

A 6 pack preferred over a dime bag is consent to a violent alcoholic society over a peaceful one.

The idea to kill a cartel is silly at best, there is a long line of nice folks willing to fill in the blanks. If you want to stop them, you de fund them. You de fund them by enacting the will of the people and re legalizing marijuana.

It isnt a matter of if, its a matter of when.

Resistance is futile. Muahahahaha

Violent alcoholic society? I dont hardly ever drink either.
You can keep your peaceful dope smoking society, I dont want it around here. I have fired plenty of those worthless brain dead zombies.
When you try giving them instructions they sit there and look at you like this>>>:eek:
Dopers, who needs em?

MR Redenck

+1

What gets left out of the debate too often is that criminalization is what makes it profitable for drug dealers.

The last thing the cartels will want is legalization. If legal, every user could grow his own. Suddenly, the cartels would lose their market.

Man we catch tons of that crap being floated across the Rio Grande every week. What are you going to do without the Cartels? Make Indiana corn fields the new dope crop? I can see it now, all the dope crops will have to replace the scarecrows with " NO HIPPIES" signs.
Either that or dress the Scarecrow up like a Purple People Eater. BwaaHa

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

+1

The recent vote on legalization in California did not have the backing and some think may have failed due to the growers and the dealers etc. opposition to the bill. If legal to grow your own their multi-million dollar businesses would be SOL.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Man we catch tons of that crap being floated across the Rio Grande every week. What are you going to do without the Cartels? Make Indiana corn fields the new dope crop? I can see it now, all the dope crops will have to replace the scarecrows with " NO HIPPIES" signs.
Either that or dress the Scarecrow up like a Purple People Eater. BwaaHa

Wait a second. You missed something, I think.

Why would farmers find a profitable market if the profitable market disappears out from under the cartels?

The same thing that ruined the cartels' market would ruin the market for any sizeable growers in this country. If de-criminalized, folks who wanted to use it would just grow their own. Hell, I doubt even the very small in-country growers could find a buyer: everybody would have a "grower" friend who would just give it away.

Last edited:

MR Redenck

As much as I oppose the doper stuff, I do see how it should be legal for people to grow their own within their private property.
Im not sayin for profit or anything else, just personal consumption. Honestly, I dont think their would be any problem with people being able to grow their own.
I still think smoking that stuff is stoopid though.

MR Redenck

Wait a second. You missed something, I think.

Why would farmers find a profitable market if the profitable market disappears out from under the cartels?

The same thing that ruined the cartels' market would ruin the market for any sizeable growers in this country. If de-criminalized, folks who wanted to use it would just grow their own. Hell, I doubt even the very small in-country growers could find a buyer: everybody would have a "grower" friend who would just give it away.

If you say so. :uhoh: