Thread: Springfield XD Factory Holster Combination

Springfield XD Factory Holster Combination

Hi all,

I wanted to let you all know about the holster combination I've discovered with Springfield's factory OWB and speed-loader. I liked the pistol holster but hated the magazine holster, so I wanted a cheap, comfortable way to carry an extra magazine on the hip(leaving my pockets available for other things).

If you use a sharp tool to cut grooves to extend the dovetail rail on the pistol-holster, you can slide the speedloader on and lock it into place upside-down. This can hold another magazine, right next to your weapon. The retention is good for a quick draw with the magazine in normally, but if you would like firm retention place the magazine in backwards (bullet-tips facing the firearm). This will give great retention.

I've emailed Springfield about modifying the dovetail rail on the pistol holster to accommodate this.

Pictures here:

http://i.imgur.com/hvwwR.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/huF1g.jpg

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    i doubt they would want people walking around with magazines that have a round hanging out the bottom. too easy for it to catch on something and then you have one less round for BGs
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

You can just put the magazine in backwards. More retention, and it seems impossible for a round to snag or come loose. It works out really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    i doubt they would want people walking around with magazines that have a round hanging out the bottom. too easy for it to catch on something and then you have one less round for BGs
    +1. its a good idea but i dont like not having a cover for the end of my magazine.

That stock XD holster inspired me to purchase 3 leather holsters for my XD40 SC. I know it is a freebie, but I can't imagine using it for EDC.

That's a pretty good idea! However, since it is homemade I would suggest practicing with it and testing his reliability before you find yourself in a situation where you actually need it.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."