Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How willing would you be to argue your rights with THIS Deputy?

How willing would you be to argue your rights with THIS Deputy?

A Deputy that slammed an innocent party into a wall, causing brain damage and costing King County $10 Million, seems to have a way of keeping his actions just inside "Policy". Still ends up injuring subjects that "challenge his authority or don't show him respect"

http://www.king5.com/news/Frequent-f...121509239.html

So he stops you while Open Carrying and demands ID, etc, etc,. How willing to "challenge his authority" will you be, especially if you know what his "record" is?

Wonder where King County is going to find the next "$10 Million" for payment for his future actions. As long as he's on the force it's a matter of When, not If, he will end up severely injuring someone who pi$$es him off.

So much for the "Police Policing Themselves".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

No Comment.

the sad part, the Sheriff is scared of firing her own deputy because he has a long list of questionable actions and putting a guy in a wheelchair permanently. She scared that he might put her in a wheelchair in retaliation if she fires him, he sounds like the type to flip out if something doesn't go his way so OCers watch out.
    Whoever thought switching to your sidearm was faster than reloading your rifle has never been hit in the **** with a swinging barrel.

You cant fight the Gorgatron with your keys all... willy nilly..

“Preliminary conclusion is that our deputy didn’t break any laws from his use of force,” said King County Sheriff's Office spokesman...
    That will be up to a jury to decide.

Matt Paul. He’s 29-years-old and has been with the sheriff’s office for five and a half years.
    KING 5 obtained Paul's file through public disclosure and analyzed 2,000 pages of documents spanning his entire career.
    Slightly under 400 pages per year?!?!? And even with all the documented "concerns" about his use of force they still can't fire the guy?

His supervisors... warned him to look for alternatives and to avoid arresting people simply because they challenged his authority or weren't respectful.
    So they know he's breaking laws, littler laws, and don't stop him cold.
    No wonder he went on to use excessive force - he'd gotten away with the little stuff.

Deputy Paul has a lot of 'use of forces' and I am concerned about that,” said Sheriff Rahr. “His supervisors are very aware of how he performs his job and they're watching what he's doing. I can't turn around and fire a deputy because I have concerns."

You can fire him because he's assaulted people under color of law (that's a crime) & he's going to cost your department more millions of dollars the next time he nearly kills someone.

Unhappy

It has to make it to court before the jury decides! Not just a settlement.

McX
    in accordance with the thread title, my response would be i dont argue with murders.

Sounds like this deputy has a beat where he "fuks" around with people that have been drinking and having a good time. Just trying to figure out why jay walking would be enough justification for any officer in any department to do a take down like this deputy does...haha...I guess beat down first and ask questions later?

Quote Originally Posted by usamarshal View Post
    Sounds like this deputy has a beat where he "fuks" around with people that have been drinking and having a good time. Just trying to figure out why jay walking would be enough justification for any officer in any department to do a take down like this deputy does...haha...I guess beat down first and ask questions later?
    Steroids maybe?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    in accordance with the thread title, my response would be i dont argue with murders.
    I don't know who he murdered, but from what I just heard about this guy in the King 5 story it's only a matter of time, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheBunny View Post
    the sad part, the Sheriff is scared of firing her own deputy because he has a long list of questionable actions and putting a guy in a wheelchair permanently. She scared that he might put her in a wheelchair in retaliation if she fires him, he sounds like the type to flip out if something doesn't go his way so OCers watch out.
    That's because she is a giant KITTEN.

It's not King County Sheriff Sue Rahr, it's Sue Meow. Or maybe it should be "Sue Me"

That "sheriff Deputy" Matthew Paul doesn't need to be fired... he needs to be in PRISON. He needs to get colon rectal cancer, brain cancer, breast cancer or lung cancer -- or all of them at once.

And no, I would never 'argue' my rights with a police officer. I would remain silent and hand them the business card of my attorney.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 05-10-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheBunny View Post
    Government job = welfare (often)

It's a damn union shame, and tax paying citizens are the victim every single day.

Same with teachers. Fire the bad ones asap. It DOES become obvious who is bad and who is good pretty quick, the problem is the unions and bureaucracy -- and both can be dealt with. AFAIK Washington is NOT a right to work state. Screw the unions, fire the bad apples..
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 05-10-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    You can fire him because he's assaulted people under color of law (that's a crime) & he's going to cost your department more millions of dollars the next time he nearly kills someone.
    No big deal. It's not like the King County Sheriff Department has a budget crisis or anything.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I would refuse ID. No one said standing up for what is right would be easy. I have a feeling this jerk will cross the wrong guy one day. And then when he gets hurt or killed the LEO will make a public outcry about it. And the dangers of his job.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I can't believe he is still employed. Flipping off a cop is not a crime. It's definately disrespectful, but not criminal. So the only criminal act the guy committed was jaywalking. Slamming him to the ground (and breaking his nose) over jaywalking, how the hell is it within departmental guidelines to use that force for probably the lowest class of misdeamor?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayd1981 View Post
    I can't believe he is still employed.
    I can. This man is an absolute hero. His valiant defense of the respect he is due is an inspiration to us all.

I'm a tad disappointed he hasn't had a team of heroic snipers on standby to shoot these offenders in the face, but I understand they have to work with limited resources.
    Last edited by marshaul; 05-10-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    I think the thread title is a little assumptive.

I've always recommended being polite when exercising rights during a police encounter.

Big difference between a police consent-refusal while complying with orders, and arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Big difference between a police consent-refusal while complying with orders, and arguing.
    And apparently, in this specific case, there is very little difference between being a police officer and being a CRIMINAL.

The Dishonorable Officer Matthew Paul (and for google purposes Matt Paul and Mat Paul) May this thread pop up forever after when someone googles his name.

May his name bring shame on him and his family forever.

I get the sense that some PD like having a guy who is a bit of a loose cannon to instill FU&D in the citizens and whom the PD can cut loose if it gets out of hand.

No reasonable person would say that this amount of force is necessary or justified. Apparently having a 'cannon' in this locale is worth about, oh, 10 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    May his name bring shame on him and his family forever.
    He's screwed now, I think some chicken bones were just tossed, and was hexed.

At some point he will rough up another LEO who is off duty and that LEO will take care of the problem for everybody...

Or maybe there is a Retired Federal agent that wants to help this guy along with his removal from public view.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead1055 View Post
    At some point he will rough up another LEO who is off duty and that LEO will take care of the problem for everybody...

Or maybe there is a Retired Federal agent that wants to help this guy along with his removal from public view.
    Or, in this specific case, regarding this specific officer, someone might be tempted to just root for the bad guys, or maybe pray:

One night the bad guy Officer Paul is dealing with is going to be just a little quicker than he is, and a little stronger.

Officer Paul's back up is just a little slow -- perhaps because they are fed up with his criminal like BS, and the lack of action by the bureaucracy to solve the problem.

His backup will show up in time to apprehend the bad guy and be heroes.

Maybe that would be taking it just a little too far, maybe. It's not my fantasy, it's just that I could imagine someone thinking along those lines.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 05-11-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Hey, they're only arms and legs... You'll be fine without 'em.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I think the thread title is a little assumptive.

I've always recommended being polite when exercising rights during a police encounter.

So far it doesn't appear that he's had any run-ins with Open Carriers (or Concealed for that matter) but with the behavior he's demonstrated so far, much of which is documented, it's a matter of time before he will.

Something tells me he won't give anyone carrying a firearm a lot of time to be "polite" or for that matter, based on his style, arguing.

I heard through the grapevine that Paul and Birk are in the process of writing a book.
    The proposed title is " Use of force for police dummies"

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    I heard through the grapevine that Paul and Birk are in the process of writing a book.
    The proposed title is " Use of force for police dummies"
    +10
    lol was gonna say I think he is Jealous that he didnt get to pull a birk in seattle... Maybe officer Birk is giving him pointers?

No I would not resist this officer... however you can bet your life I will have camera and recorder running. If he unsnaps his his holster and rests his hand on his gun without explaining RAS I might even place him under citizens arrest lol...

Or maybe upon seeing him shout "DONT BIRK ME MAN! DONT BIRK ME!!!"
    Last edited by DevinWKuska; 05-10-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    "So there I was between a rock and a hard place, when it hit me... What am I doing on this side of the rock?"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast