• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How willing would you be to argue your rights with THIS Deputy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_pro2a

At some point he will rough up another LEO who is off duty and that LEO will take care of the problem for everybody...

Or maybe there is a Retired Federal agent that wants to help this guy along with his removal from public view.

Or, in this specific case, regarding this specific officer, someone might be tempted to just root for the bad guys, or maybe pray:

One night the bad guy Officer Paul is dealing with is going to be just a little quicker than he is, and a little stronger.

Officer Paul's back up is just a little slow -- perhaps because they are fed up with his criminal like BS, and the lack of action by the bureaucracy to solve the problem.

His backup will show up in time to apprehend the bad guy and be heroes.

Maybe that would be taking it just a little too far, maybe. It's not my fantasy, it's just that I could imagine someone thinking along those lines. ;)

Last edited:

amlevin

I think the thread title is a little assumptive.

I've always recommended being polite when exercising rights during a police encounter.

Big difference between a police consent-refusal while complying with orders, and arguing.

So far it doesn't appear that he's had any run-ins with Open Carriers (or Concealed for that matter) but with the behavior he's demonstrated so far, much of which is documented, it's a matter of time before he will.

Something tells me he won't give anyone carrying a firearm a lot of time to be "polite" or for that matter, based on his style, arguing.

Trigger Dr

I heard through the grapevine that Paul and Birk are in the process of writing a book.
The proposed title is " Use of force for police dummies"

dopey-1.jpg

DevinWKuska

I heard through the grapevine that Paul and Birk are in the process of writing a book.
The proposed title is " Use of force for police dummies"

+10
lol was gonna say I think he is Jealous that he didnt get to pull a birk in seattle... Maybe officer Birk is giving him pointers?

No I would not resist this officer... however you can bet your life I will have camera and recorder running. If he unsnaps his his holster and rests his hand on his gun without explaining RAS I might even place him under citizens arrest lol...

Or maybe upon seeing him shout "DONT BIRK ME MAN! DONT BIRK ME!!!"

Last edited:

hermannr

I think some people are missing the real problem...King County (Spokane too with the Creach death) Bad department policy gives these jack booted thugs (that give the law enforcement community a black eye), too much leeway and personal discretion as to what is or is not appropreate force.

Last edited:

amzbrady

I'm posting on my Face book, It needs to go Youtube too. King 5 needs to run a few repeat segments and everytime this guy steps out of line they need to broadcast it.

Dave_pro2a

Here's another 'Mathew Paul." Now no one can claim it's an isolated incident, an anomaly among police officers.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/arizona-police-officer-body-slams-drunk-teen-girl/story?id=13545127

Body checks a 15 year old girl into a brick wall.

54H8q.gif

It's like open warfare on citizens with virtually no repercussions.

Memo to every single police officer in the country: "if you think people hate you, this might be why." Police your own, before you dare to police anyone else.

Last edited:

amzbrady

Here's another 'Mathew Paul." Now no one can claim it's an isolated incident, an anomaly among police officers.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/arizona-police-officer-body-slams-drunk-teen-girl/story?id=13545127

54H8q.gif

Memo to police: "if you think people hate you, this might be why."

WTF, She must have been a huge threat to society. I'm surprised he was able to subdue her by himself.
How is this even possible without jail time?
I guess this is what our society is coming to.
My Daughter had a classmate get mad at her and slam her in the face with a ball. He hit her so hard that it knocked her glasses to the ground and they broke. She shoved him as he was reaching for the ball and then went and told the teacher. The principal said he can not do anything to the boy that threw the ball because my daughter retaliated. I have taught my daughter not to take any crap. She has been picked on since she started this school because she is caucasion. the school is about 80% hispanic and they are very mean to Americans.

I will be having a talk with the principal defining defense and retaliation. I would think in a school he would have access to a dictionary and be able to look up the difference between the two. I guess I should ask him "Hypothetically of course, if I punched him repeatedly in the face, if he would stand there and wait till I was done, and then go tell someone, or if he would defend himself and try to stop it"?

Dave_pro2a

How is this even possible without jail time?
I guess this is what our society is coming to.

There's a razor thin line between cop and criminal. The psychological profile of both is virtually identical. Here's another great example:

Former SPD officer retires, turns into a bank robber and becomes a professional hit man (allegedly). He had numerous incidents of excessive use of force while on the job. He even (allegedly) murdered a fellow officer.

A widow of one of his (alleged) victims says it best:

"I'm good with the fact that [former Seattle Police Officer) Krueger is dead because there is no reason why somebody that awful should be walking around society. So, good he's dead. And I know he didn't pass through the pearly gates with [my dead husband, the victim] Mike standing there. He's in the bowels of hell and that's where he [Officer Krueger] belongs."

http://www.kirotv.com/news/27832320/detail.html?taf=sea

Note the article says the alleged hit man cop was once fined $3000 for beating a suspect. Didn't get fired, just fined.

Hey, maybe a Seattle Police Officer murdered Assistant US Attorney Thomas C. Wales in his Seattle basement. They never did catch the killer, they just harassed countless legal Makarov owners, and ruined the life of at least one seemingly innocent Bellevue man. Maybe the killer was never caught because he was 'one of their own.'

Last edited:

MR Redenck

Deputy Paul is a little Punk!
This kind of conduct from Law Enforcement officers needs criminal punishment!
That little fat Punk has ruined a man life for no reason at all. To go through life with a damaged spine because of some Punk cop can not be compensated enough.
With all the complaints this Punk has gotten himself, The Sheriff Need to be brought up on criminal as well...
Deputy Paul need to be fired and put in prison where he belongs!

Difdi

There's a razor thin line between cop and criminal. The psychological profile of both is virtually identical.

If that's true for the majority, one could argue that the difference between a career cop and a career criminal is that one makes it to adulthood without getting caught in an act that disqualifies you from becoming a cop. I doubt it's that simple, but I have met a fair number of cops who act just like a street gang.

jt59

sudden valley gunner

I wonder if Maurice Clemmons ever saw any of these videos? Could well have been the "trigger" for his actions.

Can't blame the truth/free speech for being the motivating factor for criminal behavior.

My guess with Clemmons and I have seen this with criminals or any body charged with anything. Is that it wasn't the bad things he was charged with that sent him on his course it was the wrong behavior by both LEO and Prosecutors, etc. That sent him into a rage and a certain mindset. Maybe false charges and lying that is often done in these cases to ensure the conviction.

I am not saying that should be something condoned in committing his heinous crimes either but just food for thought how the "system" reaps some of the results it sows.

Trigger Dr

Can't blame the truth/free speech for being the motivating factor for criminal behavior.

My guess with Clemmons and I have seen this with criminals or any body charged with anything. Is that it wasn't the bad things he was charged with that sent him on his course it was the wrong behavior by both LEO and Prosecutors, etc. That sent him into a rage and a certain mindset. Maybe false charges and lying that is often done in these cases to ensure the conviction.

I am not saying that should be something condoned in committing his heinous crimes either but just food for thought how the "system" reaps some of the results it sows.

During my career, I have seen officers identify a "Potential" suspect (with a somewhat dubious background) and instead of conducting a proper investigation, focus on that individual, trying to make the evidence fit the person.
The proper investigation uses a link analysis approach to tie items of evidence together along with associated individuals to arrive at a SOLID suspect. Unfortunately it has become more frequent, as for some it is easier to manufacture the suspect rather than eliminate suspects until only one remains with enough evidence to arrest and charge

sudden valley gunner

During my career, I have seen officers identify a "Potential" suspect (with a somewhat dubious background) and instead of conducting a proper investigation, focus on that individual, trying to make the evidence fit the person.
The proper investigation uses a link analysis approach to tie items of evidence together along with associated individuals to arrive at a SOLID suspect. Unfortunately it has become more frequent, as for some it is easier to manufacture the suspect rather than eliminate suspects until only one remains with enough evidence to arrest and charge

Exactly!

Being falsely accused of something you didn't do (no matter how bad of a person or innocent you are) or when they "break" the rules to get you the rule breaker, brings up a huge amount of resentment and unfairness about those who did it. Some may choose to focus that into working to legally change the system others may go to horrible extremes.

usamarshal

Biatch had it comin I guess....haha....j/k...but seriously that officer was one of the better players on his pee wee league football team. :banana:

54H8q.gif

Memo to every single police officer in the country: "if you think people hate you, this might be why." Police your own, before you dare to police anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.