• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How willing would you be to argue your rights with THIS Deputy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jt59

Biatch had it comin I guess....haha....j/k...but seriously that officer was one of the better players on his pee wee league football team. :banana:

Sorry, I find no humor in this at all. How would you feel if it was your 15 year old daughter coming home from school, or some sport practice, or a friends.

This is abuse of power and position pure and simple........she apparently had an altercation going with her mother and had been drinking, but this level of attack for the circumstances appears on its face, to be over the top.

Last edited:

HeesBonafide

And here is another event where the cop was trying to provoke the person...

I get the sense that some PD like having a guy who is a bit of a loose cannon to instill FU&D in the citizens and whom the PD can cut loose if it gets out of hand.

No reasonable person would say that this amount of force is necessary or justified. Apparently having a 'cannon' in this locale is worth about, oh, 10 mil.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/27852540/detail.html

Do you suppose that if you or I said, "what are you going to do about it?" would get us a "happy ending?"

Total lack of professionalism and abuse of power (with a gun no doubt).

Dave_pro2a

he apparently had an altercation going with her mother and had been drinking, but this level of attack for the circumstances appears on its face, to be over the top.

Agreed 100%. The girl is no angel. She's seems like a loser. Her mother is probably a welfare queen who followed the 'Sponge Bob" book pf parenting (aka, plop your kid in front of a TV all day). They are both probably loser scum.

But, the fact remains, NO ONE deserves to be criminally assaulted by a police officer acting under color of authority.

How we treat the most worthless and undesirable in society, reflects on us, not them. We can pass judgment on them, but we cannot infringe on their rights or abuse them.

Note: this event took place at one of those 'alternative' high schools. The victim was a minority. This incident stinks to high heaven and wish that cop would end up in prison for his assault.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
How we treat the most worthless and undesirable in society, reflects on us, not them. We can pass judgment on them, but we cannot infringe on their rights or abuse them.

Not to mention it only fosters further antisocial attitudes and behavior within these marginalized groups, which is one of biggest root problems facing any attempt at progress out of their situation, and one which we (our society, more specifically government) share a greater portion of the blame for.

Chap

I've been trained

I've been trained in pressure points and take down procedures with the power to arrest. I'm sorry but that was excessive force.

I am a true believer "That what goes around comes around". This officer will be in prison some day and he will pay for his sins.

Chap

amlevin

Breaking News along this topic

The Chief of the Seattle PD and finally decided not to fire Shandy Cobane.

He's decided that the stomping incident only warrants a 30 day suspension without pay and transfer from the "prestigious" Gang Unit.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Chief-wont-fire-Seattle-cop-who-stomped-suspect-121732159.html

What does it take to fire a cop in Seattle. Even Ian Birk wasn't fired, he quit. His termination wasn't a sure thing the way the Chief was waffling.

One thing for sure, nobody rushes to judgement with these cases. It's taken a year of Cobane doing "desk duty" for the Chief to make up his mind. Everett Still hasn't made up their mind with Troy Meade.

Last edited:

hermannr

So Dave_pro2a, what grevious crime that this young lady was "guilty" of to deserve this treatment? I sorry I did not click on the link, I am on dial-up..no videos...they take too long to load.

Dave_pro2a

So Dave_pro2a, what grevious crime that this young lady was "guilty" of to deserve this treatment? I sorry I did not click on the link, I am on dial-up..no videos...they take too long to load.

The link is to an article.

irish52084

With all these officer tackles, I need to work on my takedown defense and sprawl. Just remember, hips away, underhook(s) or whizzer.

Last edited:

Schlepnier

Ok we are not the sheriff trying to cover her arse, so any common sense person can see that the video appears to be excessive force. i have no idea what the woman is alleged to have done but going back to the main topic.

1.the US supreme court says i am obligated to provide identification to law enforcement. which would likely include the little pamplet i keep on the applicable laws for OC in WA state. ;)
2.my supervisory training kicks in and says the way i approach somebody sets the tone for the encounter, be polite.

Further reaction depends on the officers behavior. rather i request the presence of a shift supervisor, or i directly contact a friend who is WSP, or have a pleasant conversation it's all a "what if" situation.

Last edited:

.45ACPaddy

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/81495796/

Let's fight against this kind of stuff. It doesn't just affect us in WA, but all across the US. Not just OC, but any sort of exercising of freedoms.

I know it's the minority of officers. Thank God! Props to the majority who do their jobs right and don't subject law abiding citizens to undue treatment! The bad apples are who we need to address.

sudden valley gunner

Ok we are not the sheriff trying to cover her arse, so any common sense person can see that the video appears to be excessive force. i have no idea what the woman is alleged to have done but going back to the main topic.

1.the US supreme court says i am obligated to provide identification to law enforcement. which would likely include the little pamplet i keep on the applicable laws for OC in WA state. ;)

Cite?

There is no state that requires us to carry ID.

bomber

I can. This man is an absolute hero. His valiant defense of the respect he is due is an inspiration to us all.

I'm a tad disappointed he hasn't had a team of heroic snipers on standby to shoot these offenders in the face, but I understand they have to work with limited resources.

true....he deserves our utmost respect based solely on his job title.

if he died on the job, he would get a well deserved parade and people would wave flags and mourn the loss of a neighborhood hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.