• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How willing would you be to argue your rights with THIS Deputy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombrewster421

+1.

Sure, you must have ID to operate a motor vehicle... and present it upon demand during a traffic stop.

Not required for walking down the street.... until they figure out how to make you pay a sneaker tax every year ;)

The last 20 or so years of my grandfathers life; he drove without a license. He got pulled over quite a bit and never got a ticket. He understood his constitutional right to travel freely, and he used it! When he got pulled over, the cop would say something like "oh it's you" and walk back to his cruiser. That license that you're "supposed to have", is what puts you under their authority. You are not required to enter into that contract. It just makes it harder to do things like get a bank account and so on.

Last edited:

jarhead1911A

Your Right of Defense Against Unlawful Arrest

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh v. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau, 241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State, 26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State, 43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

“Story affirmed the right of self-defense by persons held illegally. In his own writings, he had admitted that ‘a situation could arise in which the checks-and-balances principle ceased to work and the various branches of government concurred in a gross usurpation.’ There would be no usual remedy by changing the law or passing an amendment to the Constitution, should the oppressed party be a minority. Story concluded, ‘If there be any remedy at all ... it is a remedy never provided for by human institutions.’ That was the ‘ultimate right of all human beings in extreme cases to resist oppression, and to apply force against ruinous injustice.’” (From Mutiny on the Amistad by Howard Jones, Oxford University Press, 1987, an account of the reading of the decision in the case by Justice Joseph Story of the Supreme Court.

As for grounds for arrest: “The carrying of arms in a quiet, peaceable, and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not a breach of the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach of the peace.” (Wharton’s Criminal and Civil Procedure, 12th Ed., Vol.2: Judy v. Lashley, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197)

Washintonian_For_Liberty

You do all understand we are living in a state of soft tyranny much like Alexis De Tocqueville described in the mid 1800s.

Once we allow authoritarians to create a despotism, we lose all rights in their eyes. In their minds, they can do anything to us and if we resist, they will kill us.

The actions of one bad cop would just be the actions of one bad cop except that if the establishment backs him up... then all cops are bad and any violence against them is acceptable. Right now, the public at large are still on the side of the cops, even though their defense of bad cops is going to change that slowly. More and more, people like me... who once had the opinion that one bad cop does not mean all cops are bad are changing our opinions and coming to the conclusion that all cops are bad. When they defend the indefensible, they become an enemy. When they defend violence and force being used against innocent people, they become the tyrants. And to people like me, it is the duty of all true patriots to stand up to and resist tyranny by any and all means necessary.

maclean

Washintonian_For_Liberty

<-- this is a violation of our Liberty. This violates the very meaning of long standing and recognized natural rights that were established as far back as the Magna Carta. Freedom of movement cannot legitimately be restricted... even by the State. These regulatory powers they claim are as specious and full of lies as the politicians who push them.
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.20.005 - Misdemeanor when not licensed and without ID.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.20.015 - Infraction when licensed but no license on person.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.20.017 - Immediate possession and display on demand.

Hope that's helpful.

Needless to say, the despotism which has for years been encroaching on our rights will soon reach a tipping point... one which will lead to open and unfortunately, violent revolt.

The reason why these authoritarians believe they can do these things is not because of some superior knowledge of what is right... or for that matter, what rights are... but because of a superiority complex and a control freak nature. You knew these people as children and didn't like playing with them because they'd either scream and cry if you didn't do things exactly as they demanded... or they were the school yard bullies. Now they're all grown up and they are drawn to positions that give them power over other people. They are addicted to power over others and will protect their power with violence and your death if they have to... and they'll do it under the guise of fighting crime or terrorism or some other strawman they create to justify killing you. They don't like it when you use pot... if you don't obey them... they send the thugs to arrest you... you resist and they give those thugs the authority to use force to arrest you... you resist force with force and they give those thugs the authority to use deadly force against you.... Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness be damned.

What I'm wondering is this; Is the fluoride in the water keeping the populace sedated and docile so they don't react to all these usurpations of liberty?

Washintonian_For_Liberty

Grab your rifle and run outside. If you're all by yourself, you're too early.

If your first response is one with a rifle... you're making the wrong response.

One's first response should be mass civil disobedience and demands for politicians to step down immediately. Our second response should be the demand for complete and total restoration of the Constitution as the supreme law and not just as some shadow of a supreme law.... i.e. invalidate all US code enacted after 1870 or so. We can sort through the laws that remain.

The rifles only come out if the usurpers refuse to return our republic to us.

Bo

Needless to say, the despotism which has for years been encroaching on our rights will soon reach a tipping point... one which will lead to open and unfortunately, violent revolt
Can you give us a hint about when this is gonna happen? (I don't want it to conflict with my vacation plans.)

The reason why these authoritarians believe they can do these things is not because of some superior knowledge of what is right... or for that matter, what rights are... but because of a superiority complex and a control freak nature. You knew these people as children and didn't like playing with them because they'd either scream and cry if you didn't do things exactly as they demanded... or they were the school yard bullies. Now they're all grown up and they are drawn to positions that give them power over other people. They are addicted to power over others and will protect their power with violence and your death if they have to... and they'll do it under the guise of fighting crime or terrorism or some other strawman they create to justify killing you. They don't like it when you use pot...
Fascinating stuff, please keep it coming.
What I'm wondering is this; Is the fluoride in the water keeping the populace sedated and docile so they don't react to all these usurpations of liberty?
You mean the flouride is something my municipal water district throws in to help keep my teeth cavity-free?

sudden valley gunner

Can you give us a hint about when this is gonna happen? (I don't want it to conflict with my vacation plans.)

It is happening and people are restless, which side are you on? Or will you continue to "just follow orders"?

You mean the flouride is something my municipal water district throws in to help keep my teeth cavity-free?

I don't know if I buy into the mind altering properties of this, but fluoride is a poison and I wish they wouldn't ad poisons to my water. The problem with cavities is the massive amounts of juice and soda kids/ people drink.

Last edited:

jt59

It is happening and people are restless, which side are you on? Or will you continue to "just follow orders"?

I don't know if I buy into the mind altering properties of this, but fluoride is a poison and I wish they wouldn't ad poisons to my water. The problem with cavities is the massive amounts of juice and soda kids/ people drink.

Yep,

http://www.holisticmed.com/fluoride/nobenefit.html

But I will continue to OC with a toothless dumbfounded grin...:)

Last edited:

bomber

You do all understand we are living in a state of soft tyranny much like Alexis De Tocqueville described in the mid 1800s.

Once we allow authoritarians to create a despotism, we lose all rights in their eyes. In their minds, they can do anything to us and if we resist, they will kill us.

The actions of one bad cop would just be the actions of one bad cop except that if the establishment backs him up... then all cops are bad and any violence against them is acceptable. Right now, the public at large are still on the side of the cops, even though their defense of bad cops is going to change that slowly. More and more, people like me... who once had the opinion that one bad cop does not mean all cops are bad are changing our opinions and coming to the conclusion that all cops are bad. When they defend the indefensible, they become an enemy. When they defend violence and force being used against innocent people, they become the tyrants. And to people like me, it is the duty of all true patriots to stand up to and resist tyranny by any and all means necessary.

exactly
http://www.gunsforeveryone.com/you-have-no-right-to-resist/

maclean

If your first response is one with a rifle... you're making the wrong response.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you when you said: "then all cops are bad and any violence against them is acceptable."

That tends to perk up the ears of even LEO's who are jaded from watching keyboard commandos for years.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you when you said: "then all cops are bad and any violence against them is acceptable."

That tends to perk up the ears of even LEO's who are jaded from watching keyboard commandos for years.

Way to take a single sentence out of context.

When one cop is bad, that does not make all cops bad unless the other non-bad cops rally around the bad cop and protect him. Once you have abusive and authoritarian behavior protected by the police and bad cops getting away with murder... it is the cops that change the dynamic... not the people. It is the cops who solidify the bad reputation and the notion that all cops are bad. If the police don't rally around bad cops... and visibly chastise and and openly punish authoritarian and abusive cops... then there is no problem (other than bad laws made by bad lawmakers... but that's another issue).

tombrewster421

<--

No, it's the BPA that they put into everything that's turning us all into girls.
(hint) BPA mimics estrogen and will make a mans testosterone levels drop. BPA can be found in many things, like food containers and the ink on the heat sensitive receipts.

maclean

Way to take a single sentence out of context.

I'm a reasonably bright guy. Before I comment on something, I try and read the other posts of the party and figure out if there is a pattern of speech I might be missing.

It comes from statement analysis and a general sense of fairness.

I think I'm reading your context - as well as your subtext - pretty well.

Last edited:

maclean

No, it's the BPA that they put into everything that's turning us all into girls.
(hint) BPA mimics estrogen and will make a mans testosterone levels drop. BPA can be found in many things, like food containers and the ink on the heat sensitive receipts.

So, that's a yes on the contrails thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.