Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What Bill is this?? ...

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boerne
    Posts
    15

    What Bill is this?? ...

    I was listening to the news this morning and learned of a measure being proposed to allow Texas politicians to carry in places that other licensed carriers can not. What measure is this? I want to read about this bill because I absolutely disagree with an exclusionary clause that would allow a legislative or Texas congressman to carry where others cannot for "because they are greater targets for assassination"(that is a quote from the news broadcast). I have been tring to find it online and so far have come up dry. Thanks for your help in identifying this.

  2. #2
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    This is what they think of you, the slave-citizen milk cow. Just shut up and pay the taxes!!!

    On a positive note, you can use this hypocrisy against them next time to get the prohibited places removed for everyone.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alvin, Texas, USA
    Posts
    43
    The bill is Sb-905

    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    I was listening to the news this morning and learned of a measure being proposed to allow Texas politicians to carry in places that other licensed carriers can not. What measure is this? I want to read about this bill because I absolutely disagree with an exclusionary clause that would allow a legislative or Texas congressman to carry where others cannot for "because they are greater targets for assassination"(that is a quote from the news broadcast). I have been tring to find it online and so far have come up dry. Thanks for your help in identifying this.

  4. #4
    Regular Member pooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    I was listening to the news this morning and learned of a measure being proposed to allow Texas politicians to carry in places that other licensed carriers can not. What measure is this? I want to read about this bill because I absolutely disagree with an exclusionary clause that would allow a legislative or Texas congressman to carry where others cannot for "because they are greater targets for assassination"(that is a quote from the news broadcast). I have been tring to find it online and so far have come up dry. Thanks for your help in identifying this.
    There are 3 proposed bills on that subject. Follow the links in my sig for more details on gun bills this session.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Yall are making those bills sound bad but there really not. True, it doesnt affect any of us. When you realize that those Representatives are people too, it makes sence why they would want to do this.
    Now look up the bill on the LSCDL special legislation page. Refer to the authors of those three bill and the supporters. Those are the same people who are fighting for Campus carry, the same people who are supporting open carry, and the same people who passed parking lot carry.
    Need I mention the bills that Mr. Driver and Mr. Miller have entered in the past to allow us the Castle Doctrine, use of force laws, ect....

    If I were a Rep. I would want to be able to carry anywhere and ALL the time.
    True, that should apply to all of us, but remember one thing, we have to make it apply to all of us!
    So let me ask all of you who are complaining about these 3 bills one little thing.
    Have any of you Contacted Calendars Committee about getting HB2756 on the House Floor. If not, your not going to get open carry because someone is trying to stall it in Committee!
    Have you contacted anyone about Mr. Wentworths campus carry bill, have you shown your support in writing? Have you kept up with the recent event that Mr. Wentworth has gone through to get this done?
    Stop complaining and get to supporting the effort people put out for you. All Of Those Reps. have entered bill in attempt to help ALL of us. Dont throw rocks at anyone other than yourselve if none of it passes!

  6. #6
    Regular Member Badger Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217
    The problem is, these measures make it seem like politicians need to be 'protected' from their constituency.

    In reality, if a politician is so unpopular that he has to have special carry provisions, he might want to seek another type of employment.

    If giving them special carry provisions make them safer, why shouldn't law-abiding citizens and retirees and the disabled (for example) also have additional protections? I would hope that anyone's life would be equally precious to a politician's.

    $.02

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    West Texas
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger Johnson View Post
    The problem is, these measures make it seem like politicians need to be 'protected' from their constituency.

    In reality, if a politician is so unpopular that he has to have special carry provisions, he might want to seek another type of employment.

    If giving them special carry provisions make them safer, why shouldn't law-abiding citizens and retirees and the disabled (for example) also have additional protections? I would hope that anyone's life would be equally precious to a politician's.

    $.02
    None of us should need "special" carry provisions.
    The fact remains that we cant seem to get anything passed for ourselves becasue "We" dont get active enough.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boerne
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by pooley View Post
    There are 3 proposed bills on that subject. Follow the links in my sig for more details on gun bills this session.
    Thank you. I have been reading... a lot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •