• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Bill is this?? ...

bones

I was listening to the news this morning and learned of a measure being proposed to allow Texas politicians to carry in places that other licensed carriers can not. What measure is this? I want to read about this bill because I absolutely disagree with an exclusionary clause that would allow a legislative or Texas congressman to carry where others cannot for "because they are greater targets for assassination"(that is a quote from the news broadcast). I have been tring to find it online and so far have come up dry. Thanks for your help in identifying this.

77zach

This is what they think of you, the slave-citizen milk cow. Just shut up and pay the taxes!!!

On a positive note, you can use this hypocrisy against them next time to get the prohibited places removed for everyone.

Harleyman007

The bill is Sb-905

I was listening to the news this morning and learned of a measure being proposed to allow Texas politicians to carry in places that other licensed carriers can not. What measure is this? I want to read about this bill because I absolutely disagree with an exclusionary clause that would allow a legislative or Texas congressman to carry where others cannot for "because they are greater targets for assassination"(that is a quote from the news broadcast). I have been tring to find it online and so far have come up dry. Thanks for your help in identifying this.

pooley

There are 3 proposed bills on that subject. Follow the links in my sig for more details on gun bills this session.

MR Redenck

Yall are making those bills sound bad but there really not. True, it doesnt affect any of us. When you realize that those Representatives are people too, it makes sence why they would want to do this.
Now look up the bill on the LSCDL special legislation page. Refer to the authors of those three bill and the supporters. Those are the same people who are fighting for Campus carry, the same people who are supporting open carry, and the same people who passed parking lot carry.
Need I mention the bills that Mr. Driver and Mr. Miller have entered in the past to allow us the Castle Doctrine, use of force laws, ect....

If I were a Rep. I would want to be able to carry anywhere and ALL the time.
True, that should apply to all of us, but remember one thing, we have to make it apply to all of us!
So let me ask all of you who are complaining about these 3 bills one little thing.
Have any of you Contacted Calendars Committee about getting HB2756 on the House Floor. If not, your not going to get open carry because someone is trying to stall it in Committee!
Have you contacted anyone about Mr. Wentworths campus carry bill, have you shown your support in writing? Have you kept up with the recent event that Mr. Wentworth has gone through to get this done?
Stop complaining and get to supporting the effort people put out for you. All Of Those Reps. have entered bill in attempt to help ALL of us. Dont throw rocks at anyone other than yourselve if none of it passes!

Badger Johnson

The problem is, these measures make it seem like politicians need to be 'protected' from their constituency.

In reality, if a politician is so unpopular that he has to have special carry provisions, he might want to seek another type of employment.

If giving them special carry provisions make them safer, why shouldn't law-abiding citizens and retirees and the disabled (for example) also have additional protections? I would hope that anyone's life would be equally precious to a politician's.

$.02

MR Redenck

The problem is, these measures make it seem like politicians need to be 'protected' from their constituency.

In reality, if a politician is so unpopular that he has to have special carry provisions, he might want to seek another type of employment.

If giving them special carry provisions make them safer, why shouldn't law-abiding citizens and retirees and the disabled (for example) also have additional protections? I would hope that anyone's life would be equally precious to a politician's.

$.02

None of us should need "special" carry provisions.
The fact remains that we cant seem to get anything passed for ourselves becasue "We" dont get active enough.