• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Modified Bullets

Yard Sale

LINK

Note: This is a news "blog" item, hardly real journalism. However, look at what the assistant district attorney said.

He shot the dog, who was chasing his truck on the dirt road Encanto Drive on the northern end of Spanish Springs, with a 9mm semiautomatic handgun loaded with bullets modified to cause additional damage to their targets.

I contacted Deputy District Attorney Kay Lyon ... She said that she considered the modified bullets part of the aggravating circumstances that justified jail time.

What do you suppose these "modified bullets" are? Factory hollowpoints?

zack991

Personally anything that stops a dangerous target faster no matter what pain it causes the bad guy I am for 100% People who say you need to use Humane bullets are not using commonsense. If the nastier bullet putts that person or persons down faster and more effectually should be what matters, not does this hurt you too much. The matter of milliseconds that better rounds have at removing a threat is whats will keep you alive. I have no mercy for people looking to do me or my family harm, I could care less if they die in pain. I am sure the person would not have cared if I died in pain if I used more human rounds that failed to do the job.

Last edited: