• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Public Radio interview/debate tomorrow (Wed) from 7 - 8 am

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
One argument I came up with against 'permits and training' last night. There were over 40,000 traffic fatalities last year and just about all of those involved people who had a permit and training, so, that means that permitting and training does not guarantee safety. The same statistics said there were approximately 2000 accidental firearm deaths, so, while there are more drivers than gun owners (assumption), there aren't 20 times more.

Right. Legislation doesn't create safety, individuals acting safely is the only source.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Listening to it right now, and awesome job as always Nik. Wow I can't really decide what to say about this Ladd Everitt guy though, first thing that pops into my head is "irrational fear mongerer".

Yeah, he seems flustered. I'm taking a few digs to really get him riled. anti-gun folks are already emotion based thinkers, but you get them riled up and their emotions really cloud their judgment, they make stupid comments (like he has) that are easy to refute.

Like his comment that the police couldn't do anything about a guy threatening people with a gun UNTIL he shoots someone... what a dumb comment.

Last edited:

oliverclotheshoff

Yeah, he seems flustered. I'm taking a few digs to really get him riled. anti-gun folks are already emotion based thinkers, but you get them riled up and their emotions really cloud their judgment, they make stupid comments (like he has) that are easy to refute.

Like his comment that the police couldn't do anything about a guy threatening people with a gun UNTIL he shoots someone... what a dumb comment.

rock on Nik
you dont even hve to try to make him look bad he des it on his own

anmut

That moron from the anti side "The US has the 'weakest' gun laws in the free world."

Gun Laws = A Free World? weird way of thinking.

anmut

Just finished up the whole thing. Interesting to get the anti's point of view and see how fascist they really are!

Nik, you did a great job in your rebuttals and staying calm even when some of the most blatant lies were told over the airwaves by Vlad the Anti and I was sitting here screaming at my computer!

Time to get those letters cranked out in support. Thanks again for your efforts Nik!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Great Job Nik! Wow, Ladd could only repeat the same fear mongering over and over....

Just finished listening to the podcast. Great job! I really enjoyed listening to John about his 4 attempted hold ups and how he stopped all of them.

Seems like WPR only allowed the "NO" people in on the end of the hour with their comments. All were against concealed carry except one who wanted permitted carry.

The sheeple have spoken. :( So sad we live with so many who are dependent on the government.

M

McX

No screening? Felons are screened now arent they? Open Carry endangers the public? didnt see any statistics to support that presented, nor references cited. child molesters can legally carry guns, along with the deranged? New to me. firearm carriers are irresponsible?! I cant make this stuff up! Makes me send a donation out to Wisconsin Carry PRONTO~!

THANK YOU NIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

XDFDE45

Nice job Nik being able to stay calm in the face of such stupidity by some of the callers. All I heard from them is chapter and verse on the same old "The streets will turn into rivers of blood in we allow more guns" screeching.

Trip20

That was difficult to listen to....
I'm sick of hearing the same anti arguments.

It's not about whether or not people are allowed to have an opinion... I get that they are. But when the opinion or assertion is ignorant... I suppose I just have low tolerance these days. My eyes glaze over and I drift off to a happy place. Kind of like when my wife is telling me something really important that I'll need to remember later.

MKEgal

I was laughing at some of his statements, shaking my head in disbelief at others.
He was lying, and the lies were so easy to see through... Nothing factual, all emotion.
If that's really the best they can come up with, the Brady Bunch is nearly paws-up.

Good job, again, Nik. I'm amused to come over here & find you were posting while talking. :D

HandyHamlet

First two questions and the doucher has deflected both.

:banana:

Finished. Just a lie fest and the typical hysterical rhetoric.

Yes, great job Nik. You destroyed that fool.

THANK YOU.

Last edited:

baldp8

Great job, Nik! That Ladd guy basically kept repeating his same false claim over and over...felons, rapists, and other ilk will suddenly be allowed to carry guns. I think he really believes they don't already carry guns. He really had no good arguments at all (not that I really believe there are any). Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jason in WI

Just listened, great job Nik! I would have just called him an idiot with his notion that permits would suddenly allow felons, rapists, domestic abusers, etc to carry a firearm period and then suggest they could threaten people with it and the police couldn't do anything! How do you debate a crazy man?

I missed the part in the bill that allows me to act crazy and threaten people with my gun and the police can't do nothing until I shoot someone, can't wait to run around Madison acting a fool with immunity from the police until I shoot someone (does shooting toward someone but not hitting them still count?)!

I can't believe these people think this way, sad. I really fear where this country will end up with people like this running around.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk