• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Hartford - Application pending 10 weeks today, not decision, no communication.

Joeygee23

Hello all, my first post here. The wife and I have applications pending with the Peoples Republic of East Hartford. It has been exactly 10 weeks today with no approval or denial. I called at 8 weeks, was told various people were, "on vacation" it was on Supervisors desk. They never called through week 9 as they said they would, no communication regarding delay at all. On week 10 to the day, I called again, was told people just got back from vacation and things were, "busy" and it was still, "on Supervisor's desk." I asked should I wait another week, and was told, "at least." In my past I was no angel and was arrested several times. In July of 2008 I was granted a full, unconditional Pardon and my record was expunged. My wife, squeaky clean. I called Board of Firearms Examiners and asked for their opinion. I spoke with a wonderful, cheerful woman and explained everything. She says the FBI doesn't erase ANYTHING regarding my Pardoned crimes and that is probably why they are holding things up. She suggested I wait until the 12th week and file an appeal. I can expect a hearing in 10 months! I am at a loss....they violate Statutes, I get to wait 10 months! With no kids in the schools....we've paid this Town $30,000 over the last 10 years in property taxes and we can't even get a response!

Joeygee23

Woohoo! Nearly blew out my knee jumping for joy!!!!

Got the call from East Hartford Police today!!! We've been approved. I am sure my "shady" Pardoned past plus I kinda sorta believe maybe, people were truly on vacation pushed this to 10 weeks and 1 day! In the end all is well....expect one thing....I am going to spend a lot of $$$!!!! This is more than a right to me, it's almost a privilege. I feel a great sense of redemption and moving on from past mistakes!

Rich B

I meant it personally, having been arrested in the past....getting pardoned....taking the LONG way. It just feels good.

I understand. I just have a problem with infringing upon a right of a citizen, which you are. You piad your debt to society for whatever happened. That is enough. No more questions need to be answered.

hobie16

Congrats! I think today marks my 8th week and I just got back from my honeymoon so norwich pd will be getting a phone call from me soon

Alex.EastHartford.

joey welcome to force. as you see i live in east hartford i been through the same thing you went to. hey we live in same town it would be nice to met at cabelas or come the CCDL meetings on every second tuesday of month in middletown. you can go to website www.ccdl.org check it out and join and be a member it's free! JOEY injoy your gun freedom to the fullest. CARRY ON!

Last edited:

Joeygee23

joey welcome to force. as you see i live in east hartford i been through the same thing you went to. hey we live in same town it would be nice to met at cabelas or come the CCDL meetings on every second tuesday of month in middletown. you can go to website www.ccdl.org check it out and join and be a member it's free! JOEY injoy your gun freedom to the fullest. CARRY ON!

I joined CCDL!!! I will make next month's meeting fro sure. PM a contact.