• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC Area Meet, Friday, 13th. Liberty, MO. Roll Call!

John563

My favorite statement of the night as LEO# 1 Talks to Richie . LEO 2 walks up to LEO#1 and asks “which one has the gun” LEO# 1 looks down the row of tables and says............. “They all have guns”. LEO # 2……. silent.

Yes it was good to see more new faces tonight. Welcome NG19 and wife and to mmdyoung123. I was to far down to talk to you all. But you had a front row seat with Richie hogging all of the LEO's. Peterauther, missouribodyguard you all miss it. Richie did good, at least they didn't cuff him. . I counted 1 police van, 3 cruisers= 7 LEO's
I did talk to the manager and thanked him for not asking us to leave.

kcgunfan

My favorite statement of the night as LEO# 1 Talks to Richie . LEO 2 walks up to LEO#1 and asks “which one has the gun” LEO# 1 looks down the row of tables and says............. “They all have guns”. LEO # 2……. silent.

Yes it was good to see more new faces tonight. Welcome NG19 and wife and to mmdyoung123. I was to far down to talk to you all. But you had a front row seat with Richie hogging all of the LEO's. Peterauther, missouribodyguard you all miss it. Richie did good, at least they didn't cuff him. . I counted 1 police van, 3 cruisers= 7 LEO's
I did talk to the manager and thanked him for not asking us to leave.

Yeah, I was at the wrong end and distracted with kids. Now I know why I don't bring them... I hope Richie had a recorder on him, or at least details his conversation.

NG19

It was a lot of fun, getting together and talking and teaching. I hope all that was said will be written down so we all can read it. Hope to go to the next meeting but as of right now, that seems to not be likely.

ChiangShih

Hey guys, had a great time! I will be uploading a video of the steak n shake incident and link it here and put it up on the website. Also, when you guys get a chance go check out the OC in westport thread. Afcarry and I went to westport a little bit after the steak n shake and got stopped again by about 12 KCPD officers. It was pretty amusing.

Big Boy

Dang it...I miss all of the fun.

Is the next one going to be on Saturday? If so I'm asking off work and making the drive.

Last edited:

NG19

Loved the video. If we only could have gotten sound with Richie when he was over there with Cop #1. They had picked him out because of his description from someone calling in. A guy with a blue hat and a blue denim jacket. It was a good thing that John didn't have a blue hat on. That was a very eventful meeting. We know that we teach where ever we go but we hope that it isn't the LEO's that we teach. Oh well, fun and a productive meet.

ChiangShih

Apparently, when you see the cops walk away after we refuse ID, they went to the manager and told the manager that though what we were doing was legal he had the right to ask us to leave. The manager actually refused to ask us to leave said, they aren't causing any trouble, the cop then responded something like, ..they are looking for attention and you can ask them to leave.. and the manager responded something to the effect of, ..if you asked them to leave you would be causing more attention then just letting them finish their dinner.. So the cop's hands were tied, they just had to leave with a big hit to their authority, lol.

Last edited:

kcgunfan

Apparently, when you see the cops walk away after we refuse ID, they went to the manager and told the manager that though what we were doing was legal he had the right to ask us to leave. The manager actually refused to ask us to leave said, they aren't causing any trouble, the cop then responded something like, ..they are looking for attention and you can ask them to leave.. and the manager responded something to the effect of, ..if you asked them to leave you would be causing more attention then just letting them finish their dinner.. So the cop's hands were tied, they just had to leave with a big hit to their authority, lol.

My favorite part of the whole thing was the waitress. She was just about hilarious. She just kept serving us. And asking us what the police had their panties in a bunch about.

I'm curious what we did to make the officer think we were looking for attention. As far as I know, we were just looking for some dinner. The most boisterous of us didn't even have any firearms, because they were 4 and 5 years old.

Richieg150

Well, when LEO #1 came up to me , he asked me for my ID. I asked him why he wanted to see it and he told me they had a MWAG call, I matched the description and he wanted to see if I was able to have a weapon. He then commented on the video camera he saw,and I told him that videoing wasnt against the law, and opencarrying a firearm wasnt against the law, and I would not give him my ID. He walked away then LEO's 2&3,came my way. I gave them one of the new cards I had printed up, they read it, and commented they knew that opencarrying wasnt illegal, and we talked about why I supported opencarry ect.... they were supportive and acted in a professional manner. Then LEO #1 asked if I would talk to him privately, I agreed. I do have a voice recorder, but I left it on the table with my video camera,DUHHHHH. By this time he has apeared to be acting calmer not chest out aggressive acting, he tries to explain WHY he wanted to see my ID, he told me he asks everybody for it from crack dealers on down, so he knows who he is talking to, I then ask him if I look like a crack dealer, he tells me no. I then ask him if he has the right to walk up to law abiding citizens and ask them for ID anytime he wants, he tries to explain that me having a gun is a reason to ask for it. I tell him,there is where we have the problem, you come up to me, the first thing you do is demand my ID, I have broken no laws, done anything illegal, so I dont have to surrender my ID. I give him one of the cards I had printed up, tell him to read up on it. We chit chat aliitle more, the he asks if he can have my name, I ask why, he tells me that he will write it on my card, as a point of contact, for his report. I thought about it for a second and thought ok, maybe I shouldnt have given my name, but I did. I didnt show ID, give my SSN or anything else, I could have given any name, but I didnt.
Here is the video from my video camera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYoqVhbvYLM

mmdkyoung123

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
The police seem think that even though it's legal if they can get the manager of what ever establishment we are in to ask us to leave it's a win. I swear they think that if we are asked to leave we are going to change our mind about open carry. Like we might suddenly go " well, if they are going to ask us to leave, there's our rights usurped. Guess well stop carrying and protecting our family now and just go back to the herd."
( this is were I would insert the rolling eyes emoticons but my phone won't let me so just pretend it's there)

M

McX

DeJa-vu' Madison Wisconsin sorta kinda (?)

added on edit; loved the waitress; scuz me cops guys, dinner is served.

thank God the burger wasnt harmed.

Last edited:

kcgunfan

The police seem think that even though it's legal if they can get the manager of what ever establishment we are in to ask us to leave it's a win. I swear they think that if we are asked to leave we are going to change our mind about open carry. Like we might suddenly go " well, if they are going to ask us to leave, there's our rights usurped. Guess well stop carrying and protecting our family now and just go back to the herd."
( this is were I would insert the rolling eyes emoticons but my phone won't let me so just pretend it's there)

This is one case where the crappy economy comes in handy. No restaurant manager worth his salt is going to turn down 10 customers in this economy.

It's probably inappropriate for the police to try and get the manager to ask us to leave. We would have gladly left of course, but still, that strikes me as being less than professional.

M

McX

the experience is; they come in on you tromping. you consider if they will kill you, they dont, but you feel 'parked' for damn sure. then suddenly your rights take hold, and they go- seemingly disappointed. never understood that part of it. dont quit doing what your doing. we coagulate in StarBucks too. where the right to carry, and wireless shall NOT be infringed. get out there, get known, get seen, herd if you have to- no shame in that. nice t-shirts by the way.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I give him one of the cards I had printed up, tell him to read up on it. We chit chat aliitle more, the he asks if he can have my name, I ask why, he tells me that he will write it on my card, as a point of contact, for his report. I thought about it for a second and thought ok, maybe I shouldnt have given my name, but I did. I didnt show ID, give my SSN or anything else, I could have given any name, but I didnt.

Classic Columbo training, "I need it for my report" is once again requesting consent as he has no PC or RAS to demand it. It is not likely any kind of issue, however, don't forget there is indeed now a record with your name on it in the station, if it shows up there a few times they could use it to refuse renewal of your CCW illegal. I ain't saying they WILL do something like that or by any means they should but we have more than one department over here that has made it near impossible, have had internal documents released that instructed all officers to act illegally and seize all firearms etc.

My point is, his report should read MWG call, arrived, observed no illegal or disruptive behavior, spoke to operator of establishment and citizens dining at establishment, nothing to report.

Instead it may vary and your name is on it for no reason at all.

peterarthur

Figures I would miss it :) I did not even know it had moved to Friday ... lol... I was at a BBQ yesterday that I had previously scheduled and was slightly bemoaning the fact that we were missing "second Saturday".

You all seemed to handle it well. Another educational session for LE and another fun dinner with "citizens".

Catch you next month!!

mjk

Missed another one. I'm determined to make it to the next one though, guess I should check the site a little more often. Too bad I can't get some automated email reminder or something..

chigger8118

next meeting

I'm new to this forum, I'm 52 year old american citizen. and am intrigued with the OC rules I knew about some of them but reading on here has opened my eyes a lot. I do own and carry different pistols in my vehicle.would like to mee others that feel that our rights are being taken away little by little. either by laws being enacted or by intimidation.

ChiangShih

I'm new to this forum, I'm 52 year old american citizen. and am intrigued with the OC rules I knew about some of them but reading on here has opened my eyes a lot. I do own and carry different pistols in my vehicle.would like to mee others that feel that our rights are being taken away little by little. either by laws being enacted or by intimidation.

Hey we should have a June meeting coming up. Just keep active on the board, and keep an eye open for the next KC area meet post.
Also, welcome to the forum!

Last edited: