• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KC Area Meet, Friday, 13th. Liberty, MO. Roll Call!

ChiangShih

Is it really a friday? i thought you guys did it on saterdays? well since i coming from springfield, and prob working friday, i doubt i be there. Have fun.

We usually do, but as we discussed in a previous thread Friday this month will provide the best date for optimum turn out. Too bad you cant make it though.

kcgunfan

Chiang, you may not have noticed this, but the Steak n Shake is technically in Kansas City. Liberty's border is a few blocks to the East. Not that it matters for OC, and it's too late to change anyway. I just wanted to be precise...

I checked that because I just remembered about 6 years ago that KCMO PD responded to a shoplifter at Target, and I was just curious where the boundary lay.

See you tomorrow.

kcgunfan

That wouldn't make it N kc would it? N kc has an ordinance against oc. I don't think it is but I'm still kind of new to mo

No it would not. Let me explain:

There is a town called North Kansas City. Is is just north of the MO River and centered around I-35. OC is illegal in NKC. It's also called Northtown.

Then, there is the part of Kansas City MO that lies north of the MO River. That is usually termed Kansas City North, when a distinction with KC south of the river is wanted, but it is properly a part of Kansas City MO.

It's confusing at best, but I assure it's legit.

kcgunfan

Thank you. It looked like it's a small area just over the river on I29. North to almost the split, west to 169 and east to 210 about where the hospital is. That about right?

I think the border on the East side is Searcy Parkway. It might just be Chouteau Parkway though. I used to live a couple blocks East of Searcy and South of Parvin, and that was KCMO. Harrah's is in NKC, and that's just W of Chouteau.

Doesn't really matter though, other than Cerner and Harrah's, there is nothing interesting on the E side of the town.

Jim40Cal

Steak & Shake meeting..05/13/2001

Nice meeting tonight guys. Was good to meet some new faces also. It was also nice
of the K.C.M.O. police to show up and congratulate us on exercising our second amendment right.

kcgunfan

Nice meeting tonight guys. Was good to meet some new faces also. It was also nice
of the K.C.M.O. police to show up and congratulate us on exercising our second amendment right.

Speaking of that, does anyone plan on FOIAing the 911call and dispatch?