Thread: anti letter to the editor, Milwaukee Journal Sentinal

anti letter to the editor, Milwaukee Journal Sentinal

http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion/121532944.html
    Carrying guns doesn't make people safer

It is completely illogical and irresponsible to think that in order to prevent violent gun crime, we must first, add more guns, and, second, conceal them.

Why is it that we feel the necessity to carry around a means of killing each other at the drop of a hat? How can anyone expect that carrying a concealed gun provokes anything else but death and, many times, the carrier's death?

People ignorant enough to carry a concealed weapon are more worried about their egos than they are about the livelihood of those around them.

Please remember that the main reason one wants a gun is because one imagines needing a gun. But one of the reasons that person has never actually needed a gun in the past was because he or she was not carrying one.

Anthony Wilborn
    Port Washington

Comments allowed, but you have to register w/ the paper.

Perhaps she should read the No Need for a Gun thread?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Perhaps she should read the No Need for a Gun thread?
    You called him a"she".
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    You called him a"she".
    Oops, it's late and I'm tired.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Same dif. The dude whines like a little girl whose My Little Pony got stomped at Christmas by her mean brother.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie