• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SOUTH FLORIDA Open carry fishing event!

DEA HEAT

http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Open-Carry/events/17922471/

Okay we got the owners permission and law enforcement is going along :D

At Everglades Holiday Park!

http://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/locate.html

Come join us for the FIRST SOUTH Florida Open Carry event to raise awareness of Open Carry rights in Florida 10AM - 12PM

Open Carry Events will be held simultaneously in Daytona Beach, Tampa, St. Augustine, and Ft. Myers.

Fishing license is required! If your a broward resident and have a cane pole no license is required. They also sell licenses there. They have a full tackle store, food and drinks also. Just bring your rod, gun, and yourself!

Driving Directions

Coming from the north or the south, take I-95 or the Florida Turnpike to I-595 west. Head west on I-595 to I-75 south. Continue south on I-75 to Griffin Road west (exit 13B). Head west on Griffin Road until it crosses over Route 27. This is where Griffin Road dead ends at the entrance to Everglades Holiday Park!

If you are coming from the north, you might consider using the Sawgrass Expressway (869) to drive south instead of I-95 or the Turnpike. Since the Sawgrass is farther west, you will head directly into I-75 and therefore take a more direct route to the park.

Attachments

• carry10704.jpg
    carry10704.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 2,206
Last edited:

Willm3053

I'm there, and pass the word tri county residents! Let's make it happen.

Sent from my HTC EVO!

DEA HEAT

Wish I could afford the gas. But I'm guessing most are glad I won't be there. :p

What part of Florida do you live in they have events going on everywhere, us down south have been missing out big time! Now its our time to shine :D

Willm3053

I am!!! :p

JK. There are going to be multiple events that day, not just in South Florida. Check out the calendar.

Sent from my HTC EVO!

77zach

Hmmm. I'm 2 hours from the nearest one. Just can't do it. I guess I'll save up to make the trip to Tally for lobby day in January.

77zach

My carpool offer stands indefinitely.

42mpg.

That works. I'm only an hour from you then you can drive to Tally.

Once the pending advice/strategy from our leaders comes, I'll be making trips to Dean's Ocala office, and maybe Oelrich's in Gainesville. There is stuff we can do even if isolated from the OC action on the coasts.

Last edited:

77zach

Whichever, don't matter to me. Daytona or Tampa are closest after swinging by your place right?

Going from Marion county to Daytona is an extremely painful drive because you'll get behind someone slow. I could meet you at I-75 in Belleview and then it's an easy straight shot to Tampa- hour and a half (at the speed limit) to Tampa. Assuming the OC location is not south of Tampa.

Plus, Tampa is in hostile territory. Ha!

Last edited:

Jojo712

Founder's Club Member
Wish I could afford the gas. But I'm guessing most are glad I won't be there. :p

Ixtow, you would be missed more than most. You kept us informed throughout the entire process, and have been knowledgeable, articulate, and priceless throughout. I don't know how many have had the chance to say it but, thank you. You've given this forum both its wittiness and its gravitas: you kept us in the know, and you kept it light.

Borrow a friend's four cylinder and come down to South Florida.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Ixtow, you would be missed more than most. You kept us informed throughout the entire process, and have been knowledgeable, articulate, and priceless throughout. I don't know how many have had the chance to say it but, thank you. You've given this forum both its wittiness and its gravitas: you kept us in the know, and you kept it light.

Borrow a friend's four cylinder and come down to South Florida.

Aw shucks, I feel special.

ADulay

Not near Dania and can't make the trip? Well, there's always Fort Myers if you're on that side of the state. Several other cities also hosting on the second Saturday of the month.

We've got a good group that shows up and we've even been known to catch a stupid fish!!

AD