• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SOUTH FLORIDA Open carry fishing event!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
If you don't own fishing equipment and don't want to spend a mint outfitting yourself, are really doing this more as a political protest and not for anything else, don't want to blow a wad of cash, etc...

http://www.google.com/search?q=cuba...m=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=fi&biw=1528&bih=855

http://www.google.com/products/cata...&ei=svnKTaTHDofdgQfZ87nsBQ&ved=0CGkQ8wIwAzgU#

Just some examples. Hell, put a hook on a spool of line... Whatever.

This costs less than the gas to drive to the event...

I got mine for less than $5 at Bass Pro just a month ago, but they seem to have discontinued the product...

Last edited:

DEA HEAT

Of course, i have a really nice 14.1 MP camera :D, also we might be getting a free airboat ride lol

DEA HEAT

Bump

BUMP FOR LESS THEN 24 hours

NEW LOCATION!!!!

At Everglades Holiday Park!

http://www.evergladesholidaypark.com/locate.html

Come join us for the FIRST SOUTH Florida Open Carry event to raise awareness of Open Carry rights in Florida 10AM - 12PM

Open Carry Events will be held simultaneously in Daytona Beach, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Melbourne, and Ft. Myers.

Fishing license is required! If your a broward resident and have a cane pole no license is required. They also sell licenses there. They have a full tackle store, food and drinks also. Just bring your rod, gun, and yourself!

Driving Directions

Coming from the north or the south, take I-95 or the Florida Turnpike to I-595 west. Head west on I-595 to I-75 south. Continue south on I-75 to Griffin Road west (exit 13B). Head west on Griffin Road until it crosses over Route 27. This is where Griffin Road dead ends at the entrance to Everglades Holiday Park!

If you are coming from the north, you might consider using the Sawgrass Expressway (869) to drive south instead of I-95 or the Turnpike. Since the Sawgrass is farther west, you will head directly into I-75 and therefore take a more direct route to the park.

Terminal Velocity

I've got a question that may seem like it's common sense, but seeing how OC is legal as long as you're going fishing, I don't think there's much common sense when it comes to these damn gun laws, lol...

I am STILL waiting on my CCW so with that said, am I legally allowed to OC at one of these events or while fishing in general?

Thanks for entertaining a somewhat embarrassing question, lol :uhoh:

~*'Phoenix'*~

Yup, OC fishing has nothing to do with CC licenses. It's part of the same statute's exemptions that allow police and military to carry on-duty.

ADulay

I've got a question that may seem like it's common sense, but seeing how OC is legal as long as you're going fishing, I don't think there's much common sense when it comes to these damn gun laws, lol...

I am STILL waiting on my CCW so with that said, am I legally allowed to OC at one of these events or while fishing in general?

Thanks for entertaining a somewhat embarrassing question, lol :uhoh:

Common sense???

Yes, you can open carry while fishing and you do NOT need a license.

But if the attending officer asks you to put your gun in your pocket to help keep the peace, THEN you'll be needing a concealed weapons permit!!

Strange but true.

AD

~*'Phoenix'*~

But if the attending officer asks you to put your gun in your pocket to help keep the peace, THEN you'll be needing a concealed weapons permit!!
AD

Weird, I thought the statute didn't specify open or concealed, just that you could carry while fishing, and we just us use the open carry provision because it's the onlt time we can.

I'd rather just OC anyway (but do have a CWFL, so I could wrap my jacket on over it for getting donuts on the way).