Thread: New around these parts!

New around these parts!

Well, hello everyone.
    As you can tell....I'm new to these forums. (not really sure if this is the proper location for an introduction....but I looked elsewhere and figured it would best go here) I'm currently residing in Alaska where I've lived all my life, however in less than a month I will be moving to Chesapeake, VA to open up a Cigar lounge. Being in Alaska my whole life, he issue of OC was never really an issue at all since we are so free to carry however we please.

I have been reading up on all of the posts I could find about VA open carry, and I am thankful for the great amounts of Information that have been provided thus far. Thanks everyone for the awesome info and maybe I'll see some of you down there...Bowfishing anyone?

Also....any AF&AM around?

The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Welcome to the site and Virginia!

I was born, raised and will probably die in Virginia and there are only two places I'd rather live...one is Alaska. It must be hard leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Welcome to the site and Virginia!

I was born, raised and will probably die in Virginia and there are only two places I'd rather live...one is Alaska. It must be hard leaving.
    Haha....I've left before when I moved to Australia, and it was hard leaving Australia to come back :P

Only been to virginia for military training and I never left the Chesapeake area, i can't wait to get into some of the outdoor activities....although I don't think I'm going to enjoy ticks...

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feynix View Post
    Haha....I've left before when I moved to Australia, and it was hard leaving Australia to come back :P

Only been to virginia for military training and I never left the Chesapeake area, i can't wait to get into some of the outdoor activities....although I don't think I'm going to enjoy ticks...
    Ticks are friendly. They get attached to you.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Ticks are friendly. They get attached to you.
    I hear they're the huggy kissy types. I'm probably going to OC a flamethrower to "hug" them back.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Welcome to Virginia!

Please let me know if I can assist you with any training needs.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

DEET type repelents work well on ticks. You have not mentioned chiggers, but it works well agaist them too. Welcome to the Old Dominion and be sure to join VCDL!

We welcome you to the commonwealth. So I am curious, what do you carry to protect against grizzlies?
    Last edited by Jonesy; 05-11-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    And this list - Lots of history here too.
    http://www.vamason.org/groups.php?selectgrp=no
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    We welcome you to the commonwealth. So I am curious, what do you carry to protect against grizzlies?
    My "bear" hands....nah I was carrying my .40s&w IWI Jericho baby eagle. Now I'm carrying an EAA witness .40S&W poly. If it doesn't make them leave...well then they intended on eating you in the first place haha. In kodiak however the bears and the people get along surprisingly. The most interaction you'll get from them here, is them ambling out of the trees towards you because they know it makes you run from the huge cooler of fish you just caught lol.