• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New around these parts!

Feynix

Well, hello everyone.
As you can tell....I'm new to these forums. (not really sure if this is the proper location for an introduction....but I looked elsewhere and figured it would best go here) I'm currently residing in Alaska where I've lived all my life, however in less than a month I will be moving to Chesapeake, VA to open up a Cigar lounge. Being in Alaska my whole life, he issue of OC was never really an issue at all since we are so free to carry however we please.

I have been reading up on all of the posts I could find about VA open carry, and I am thankful for the great amounts of Information that have been provided thus far. Thanks everyone for the awesome info and maybe I'll see some of you down there...Bowfishing anyone?

Also....any AF&AM around?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Welcome to the site and Virginia!

I was born, raised and will probably die in Virginia and there are only two places I'd rather live...one is Alaska. It must be hard leaving.

Feynix

Welcome to the site and Virginia!

I was born, raised and will probably die in Virginia and there are only two places I'd rather live...one is Alaska. It must be hard leaving.

Haha....I've left before when I moved to Australia, and it was hard leaving Australia to come back :p

Only been to virginia for military training and I never left the Chesapeake area, i can't wait to get into some of the outdoor activities....although I don't think I'm going to enjoy ticks...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Haha....I've left before when I moved to Australia, and it was hard leaving Australia to come back :p

Only been to virginia for military training and I never left the Chesapeake area, i can't wait to get into some of the outdoor activities....although I don't think I'm going to enjoy ticks...

Ticks are friendly. They get attached to you.:lol::lol::lol:

The Wolfhound

DEET type repelents work well on ticks. You have not mentioned chiggers, but it works well agaist them too. Welcome to the Old Dominion and be sure to join VCDL!

Feynix

We welcome you to the commonwealth. So I am curious, what do you carry to protect against grizzlies?

My "bear" hands....nah I was carrying my .40s&w IWI Jericho baby eagle. Now I'm carrying an EAA witness .40S&W poly. If it doesn't make them leave...well then they intended on eating you in the first place haha. In kodiak however the bears and the people get along surprisingly. The most interaction you'll get from them here, is them ambling out of the trees towards you because they know it makes you run from the huge cooler of fish you just caught lol.