Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sausage making has begun.........

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

The sausage making has begun.........

Rep. Pridemore introduces a cc bill with 2 hours of "instruction".
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...tml?mode=story

Check out the usual comments by the sheeple bedwetters.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

that's retarded

Sure, because we all know how foolproof training is.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtzHvYY8K4Y
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    that's retarded
    +1
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Sure, because we all know how foolproof training is.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtzHvYY8K4Y
    That is DEA Agent Lee Paige. Mandatory training is a joke because a one size fits all approach does not work.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Rep. Pridemore introduces a cc bill with 2 hours of "instruction".
    http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...tml?mode=story

Check out the usual comments by the sheeple bedwetters.
    Actually, my reading of this story makes it better than 'shall issue'. No permit, no fees, just proof of training.

Please note, I still don't like it, it's just better than getting a permit.

Two hours of instrucsion, and NO database for big brethren to peer at? That's two hours closer to CC imho. Why the need for the class again?

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Actually, my reading of this story makes it better than 'shall issue'. No permit, no fees, just proof of training.

Please note, I still don't like it, it's just better than getting a permit.
    This would still be an infringement unless training was offered as a public service with no fees and no penalty for not having training certificate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

I have to be honest, I'm happy with this bill. The cost of training is pretty minimal, and it doesn't infringe on your rights because you are still allowed to open carry.

Well sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -
    it.

I have like forty billion hours on Xbox and Sony. So I figure I got yer trainin' right here.

(yes I am grabbing a handful)

wait, what are we talking about again?
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 05-11-2011 at 01:24 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Does Halo count???
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    we h e l l i got years of duck hunter under my belt
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

McX
    i recently spent time with a cat from Utah, does this count?

Hear! Hear!.... I got 8 hours in for my Utah permit. Can I get credit for me and 3 friends?
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

If this gets us concealed carry in Wisconsin, let's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by professor gun View Post
    By that logic, then let's have 1,000 hours of training, as long as it gets us our right to carry...

eff that! I'll go get my own training. Speaking of which, I need to get a hold of Calico Jack.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Legally I can open carry no restrictions or training required. Constitution Carry all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by technician View Post
    Legally I can open carry no restrictions or training required. Constitution Carry all the way.
    Well, there is that small issue of carrying in a vehicle........and, oh, yeah, there is that other issue of being within 1000 feet of a school. You said no restrictions, right?

A man decides to bake a large cake and he needs a dozen eggs for the recipe. He goes to the store, discovers there is only one container of eggs remaining that holds 10 eggs. The store owner offers to sell him the container with 10 eggs at a substantial discount. The man could slightly reduce his planned recipe and still bake a cake using 10 eggs. Instead, the man gets angry, yells at the store owner for not having 12 eggs, leaves without any eggs. The cake is not even started.

So sad to see how cheaply you would sell our liberty.

Well, there is that small issue of carrying in a vehicle........and, oh, yeah, there is that other issue of being within 1000 feet of a school. You said no restrictions, right?
    Yes, that is a technicality I overlooked, you are right. There are some restrictions, but I still don't require any training.

As for the allegory, I am of the Constitution & Liberty camp and refuse to compromise on my right to property and the defense thereof. Not a popular stance these days, but then again look at these days.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    So sad to see how cheaply you would sell our liberty.
    You don't even know me or have any idea what I do. Some of you suffer from absolutism, look it up.

An ongoing problem on this forum is that with some there is a total intolerance of any views that differ in the slightest from your own. We are all working to the same goal, yet some of you feel the need to puff up and insult others.

I would like to see a Constitutional Carry law with an optional permitting system. Politically, I don't think that is going to happen in Wisconsin. If the choice comes down to a concealed carry bill with a permit and some training required vs having no concealed carry in Wisconsin, I will come down on the side of the bill with a permit and training every time. We will have opportunities to go back and improve it over time as has been the case in other states.

Those of you unwilling to recognize the reality of how things are done politically will be an obstacle to getting concealed carry in Wisconsin as much as the antigunners of WAVE or the Democrat Party. It is far from an ideal system but that is how it works.

You don't even know me or have any idea what I do. Some of you suffer from absolutism, look it up.

An ongoing problem on this forum is that with some there is a total intolerance of any views that differ in the slightest from your own. We are all working to the same goal, yet some of you feel the need to puff up and insult others.

I would like to see a Constitutional Carry law with an optional permitting system. Politically, I don't think that is going to happen in Wisconsin. If the choice comes down to a concealed carry bill with a permit and some training required vs having no concealed carry in Wisconsin, I will come down on the side of the bill with a permit and training every time. We will have opportunities to go back and improve it over time as has been the case in other states.

Those of you unwilling to recognize the reality of how things are done politically will be an obstacle to getting concealed carry in Wisconsin as much as the antigunners of WAVE or the Democrat Party. It is far from an ideal system but that is how it works.
    When has government ever done something better than what the private sector has?

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

It is a free country so you can do what you want, however, I believe we need to work towards the most 'free' solution and only if we have any other choice should we compromise.

So.... going into a car dealership and telling the salesman, 'hey, I want to pay $10K for this car but am willing to go to $12K' just about guarantees that you will pay at least $12K.

Me, I am going to fight and scratch and claw and argue for Constitutional Carry. Only if that fails will I truly reveal what I'll accept.

Is 'shall issue' with no change to the right to OC better than what we have today? Yes, however, Constitutional Carry everywhere (court houses, government building, capital building) is the BEST. I have already compromised by mostly 'agreeing' to the restrictions that are in SB93, I don't want to compromise more.

I don't care what you do. You suffer from defeatism, look that up. Also, if you are claiming to be in the possession of specialized knowledge please share your sources. I have provided a link for your reference.

http://debate.uvm.edu/berube1000.html
    Last edited by oak1971; 05-11-2011 at 01:10 PM.

McX
    professor guy.............let me hit that jaint!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast