Thread: Nunchucks?

Nunchucks?

what are the legal status of nunchucks in fl? are they legal to carry?

Quote Originally Posted by lowlux View Post
    what are the legal status of nunchucks in fl? are they legal to carry?
    I don't see nunchucks mentioned in chapter 790.00 fl statutes. If they're not mentioned, it's legal. Regardless you could carry them concealed with a CWFL. Guns beat nunchuck though.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

can they be carried without a permit?

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Guns beat nunchuck though.
    Hehe yup. But you know what beats guns? Chuck norris!

........i nevermind..

LOL... but really, I'm fairly confident they count as a "weapon," so you would have to carry them visibly, or concealed with a license. But how could anyone charge you with something for them if they're not listed in the weapon statutes and you're not using them for anything violent?
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

Quote Originally Posted by lowlux View Post
    can they be carried without a permit?
    openly, yes.
    I think only some stupid thing called a "slungshot" required a license to carry at all, besides guns.
    American Government 101:
    The Executive branch's job is to provide celebrity figureheads for the pandering populace.
    The Legislative branch's job is to progressively destroy our freedoms for the "safety" of "We the Sheeple."
    The Judicial branch's job is to look like they're defending our freedoms against the abuses of the Legislative branch, only by token gestures that do not interfere is this pivotal process, but enough to deceive "We the People" into a false sense of security.

Probably no charges for carrying them, but if for some reason you use them...could become another matter..

Quote Originally Posted by ~*'Phoenix'*~ View Post
    LOL... but really, I'm fairly confident they count as a "weapon," so you would have to carry them visibly, or concealed with a license. But how could anyone charge you with something for them if they're not listed in the weapon statutes and you're not using them for anything violent?
    They're considered 'billies', same as a baton, and thus a 'weapon' under 790.001 and 790.06(1). Draw your own conclusions from there.

A simple 26" stick or a cane beats a nunchaku every time and does not look like an offensive weapon with chains and stuff.

a 6 foot long, 2" thick walking staff beats nunchucks, batons and sticks, and quite possibly knives as well, and offers many possible defenses and attack combinations. Sure to get a bit of attention in an urban center, but rural and suburban communities don't bat an eye at you for a giant walking stick
    American Government 101:

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    Crap! I agree....
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

The Forest is dead because the Trees are Dead.

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." - Thomas Paine

It's not that cops are crap, it's that crap is hand-picked for the job by much larger turds. I'd like to meet an exception.

gunthreadadapters.com

Ok, I give.. what's next? rock? paper,scissors?

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alude904 View Post
    Hehe yup. But you know what beats guns? Chuck norris!
    can you carry two small wooden chuck norris's connected by a chain without a CWFL?

did you know chuck norris once found a dead baby lamb, so he rubbed his beard apon it, and brought it back to life, then roundhoused it in the face and killed it? just to prove one point.........chuck norris givith, chuck norris takith away. ;0)

i guess theres a way to get around the law. Get the cheapo nunchuks that are connected by a string. and carry a pocket knife. if you get stopped. slice the string in half. no more nunchucks..........just drumsticks :-D
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Jesus may walk on water, but Chuck Norris can swim through land.

Last edited by ixtow; 05-11-2011 at 10:15 PM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." - Thomas Paine

It's not that cops are crap, it's that crap is hand-picked for the job by much larger turds. I'd like to meet an exception.

gunthreadadapters.com

You made me LOL drinking coffee!

coffee spray can clean monitors rather well sometimes..works wonders on keyboard gunk

Quote Originally Posted by j4l View Post
    coffee spray can clean monitors rather well sometimes..works wonders on keyboard gunk
    as long as there's not too much sugar in it and you clean it up quickly.
    American Government 101:

I like a little coffee with my sugar.

gunthreadadapters.com