• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nunchucks?

lowlux

what are the legal status of nunchucks in fl? are they legal to carry?

77zach

what are the legal status of nunchucks in fl? are they legal to carry?

I don't see nunchucks mentioned in chapter 790.00 fl statutes. If they're not mentioned, it's legal. Regardless you could carry them concealed with a CWFL. Guns beat nunchuck though.

j4l

........i nevermind..

setsail-for-fail-thread.jpg

~*'Phoenix'*~

LOL... but really, I'm fairly confident they count as a "weapon," so you would have to carry them visibly, or concealed with a license. But how could anyone charge you with something for them if they're not listed in the weapon statutes and you're not using them for anything violent?

j4l

Probably no charges for carrying them, but if for some reason you use them...could become another matter..

rvrctyrngr

LOL... but really, I'm fairly confident they count as a "weapon," so you would have to carry them visibly, or concealed with a license. But how could anyone charge you with something for them if they're not listed in the weapon statutes and you're not using them for anything violent?

They're considered 'billies', same as a baton, and thus a 'weapon' under 790.001 and 790.06(1). Draw your own conclusions from there.

Badger Johnson

A simple 26" stick or a cane beats a nunchaku every time and does not look like an offensive weapon with chains and stuff.

~*'Phoenix'*~

a 6 foot long, 2" thick walking staff beats nunchucks, batons and sticks, and quite possibly knives as well, and offers many possible defenses and attack combinations. Sure to get a bit of attention in an urban center, but rural and suburban communities don't bat an eye at you for a giant walking stick
:D

carry for myself

Hehe yup. But you know what beats guns? Chuck norris!

can you carry two small wooden chuck norris's connected by a chain without a CWFL?

did you know chuck norris once found a dead baby lamb, so he rubbed his beard apon it, and brought it back to life, then roundhoused it in the face and killed it? just to prove one point.........chuck norris givith, chuck norris takith away. ;0)

i guess theres a way to get around the law. Get the cheapo nunchuks that are connected by a string. and carry a pocket knife. if you get stopped. slice the string in half. no more nunchucks..........just drumsticks :-D

j4l

coffee spray can clean monitors rather well sometimes..works wonders on keyboard gunk