• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member with some questions.......

Lenny Benedetto

Because I believe I read somewhere about a guy who was minding his own business while enjoying a cup of coffee, AT A STARBUCKS having a most unpleasant visit from LEO's because of employees who DIDN'T know "corporate policy" :confused: Besides, it doesn't have to be Starbucks! It's just a suggestion. Perhaps you have a better suggestion? We're all ears...........

I would think that Starbucks is the perfect place, and because of their corporate policy no notification would be needed.
If you are looking to bring OC to the public eye than, you would welcome any type of LEO or Media attention at the event.

USAR-VET

If you are looking to bring OC to the public eye than, you would welcome any type of LEO or Media attention at the event.

That's the point Larry. We need to take OC out of the shaddows, so to speak and make it more 'mainstream'. I OC 99% of the time. I NEVER see anyone else doing it and it makes me think i'm the only one out here(except a few on this board that do). I'll say this again, the WHOLE point of all of this is to educate the public as well as the few LEO's who may not be aware of the fact that we can legally OC, perhaps preventing any 'unpleasant' experences. That's it. Not looking to reinvent the wheel here. Hope this helps.

Alex.EastHartford.

Vet i know how you feel. because in east hartford i open carry in cabela's and around my town. and i am the only who do open carry and don't see anyone else? and i know its choice anyway you want to carry. its your right. but would nice to open carry with some more people or someone at least.

Last edited:

Lenny Benedetto

That's the point Larry. We need to take OC out of the shaddows, so to speak and make it more 'mainstream'. I OC 99% of the time. I NEVER see anyone else doing it and it makes me think i'm the only one out here(except a few on this board that do). I'll say this again, the WHOLE point of all of this is to educate the public as well as the few LEO's who may not be aware of the fact that we can legally OC, perhaps preventing any 'unpleasant' experences. That's it. Not looking to reinvent the wheel here. Hope this helps.

Read this and see how I educated the Police Chief of Stratford.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?62977-OCing-in-Stratford-Town-Hall

And the name is Lenny :)

USAR-VET

Well done "Lenny". Sorry about the name. :D Guess I know too many 'Larrys', lol. I too have OC in my town hall and got neary a look. The only person to notice was another visitor(saw her leave) and she just looked at me funny after looking at my gun and probably thought I was LE. After leaving there I went to the post office and almost forgot I couldn't carry there. Had to park across the street as I didn't want to take that chance on even leaving it in the car on there property. Still don't get that law but oh well. Alex, I go to Cabelas a lot and still get a funny look by the greeters, lol. Maybe we can meet up there sometime and chat.

Ken

Last edited:

Rich B

I want to reiterate what Lenny said prior. Please do not go around asking stores if we can carry there. Just go there, meet there, whatever and be polite, professional and responsible and well mannered.

Asking permission to OC is confusing at best and is certainly not required anywhere.

Last edited:

KIX

I want to reiterate what Lenny said prior. Please do not go around asking stores if we can carry there. Just go there, meet there, whatever and be polite, professional and responsible and well mannered.

Asking permission to OC is confusing at best and is certainly not required anywhere.

+1 to both of you on that one.

Jonathan

KIX

BTW, I SAID COFFEE!!!!!

OK, I can be flexible. But for those of you that know me off the boards know I ALWAYS have a cup of joe going........

I'm booked for the next two weekends.

Jonathan