Thread: Michigan's Scorecard

Michigan's Scorecard

Saw Arizona was proud of their score of 0 for the Brady Campaign scorecard so I figured us Michiganians should see what we got.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/scorecard/MI

25 isn't bad but I think we can get it lower with the new republican control. Somehow Illinois only got a 35 which makes no sense to me but what do I know? In one of the categories I think we should have gotten 10 points instead of 0. They said that we don't require background checks on handgun sales (including gun shows) even though we really do with the permit to purchase and CPL holders purchases of handguns. Oh well leave it to the Brady Campaign to mess that up.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Makes me want to move to Arizona.

Can't do much worse (or better) than 0 from the Brady Bunch. Arizona must be doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by kubel View Post

Can't do much worse (or better) than 0 from the Brady Bunch. Arizona must be doing something right.
    Don't forget about Utah who also received a 0.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.

also alaska scored a 0 too...
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

The way I see it their "best" state is Kalifornia with a score of 80/100. So basically the brady campaigns best state only gets a B-.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    The way I see it their "best" state is Kalifornia with a score of 80/100. So basically the brady campaigns best state only gets a B-.
    Which tells you their real agenda is to totally outlaw guns, despite their rhetoric of "we just want sensible control".
    Last edited by Venator; 05-11-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by kubel View Post

Don't move to Southern Arizona just yet...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/liberals-so...130257516.html

Quote Originally Posted by Reuters
    A long-simmering movement by liberal stalwarts in southern Arizona to break away from the rest of the largely conservative state is at a boiling point as secession backers press to bring their longshot ambition to the forefront of Arizona politics.

A group of lawyers from the Democratic stronghold of Tucson and surrounding Pima County have launched a petition drive seeking support for a November 2012 ballot question on whether the 48th state should be divided in two.

The ultimate goal of the newly formed political action committee Start our State is to split Pima County off into what would become the nation's 51st state, tentatively dubbed Baja Arizona.
    Last edited by PDinDetroit; 05-11-2011 at 09:45 AM.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post
    Don't move to Southern Arizona just yet...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/liberals-so...130257516.html
    No chance in hell.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Which tells you their real agenda is to totally outlaw guns, despite their rhetoric of "we just want sensible control".
    It would be so wonderful if the folks who argue in favor of "sensible", "reasonable", and "appropriate", restrictions on the right to bear arms in reference to OC so as not to "offend" anyone would realize they are offering the very same anti gun arguments the Brady Bunch invented......

Sorry guys.... just venting....
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Banned
    Understood.